Forum Login
Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
My Checklist was featured on RV101 Marks RV Garage
1573 Posts
(Offline)
April 4, 2011 - 1:34 pm
Print

For those that know me, I am a checklist kind of guy (I was a flight instructor for years) and I always hated the "Hey, where did we put the ....." question. So when we first got our first popup I created a roadmap that helps us remember where we hid stuff under the seats.

RVEducation 101, has a weekly newsletter and video series for free called Mark's RV garage. In this particular video this week, they are rebuilding a Yellowstone travel trailer from the ground up, but 31 minutes into the video, they are featuring my checklist (It was part of a tips and tricks contest)

If anyone would like a copy/sample to make their own, I have attached it here. Feel free to use it, but if someone else wants it, I ask that they come and get it from here, that way the original always comes from here. (Another reason is I can see how popular it is and I may decide to create a bunch of other forms for others to download) You must be a registered member here to download the file - registration here is free.

[size=11pt

Click on checklist to download[/size]

[smg id=256 type=box]
Martini Glass The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything that they have!
Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
April 4, 2011 - 2:19 pm
Print

Phil,
As you know, I got a copy from you a long time ago.  Great Idea, Congrats!  :thumbup:

April 4, 2011 - 3:41 pm
Print

Congrats..  cool idea...  I just may have to design one myself ....    🙂

46 Posts
(Offline)
April 4, 2011 - 4:48 pm
Print

Thanks Phil, that will work for our 08' Fleetwood Sedona.  Did you check your mailbox?
Happy Camping!

84 Posts
(Offline)
August 16, 2011 - 4:49 pm
Print

This is very impressive.

93 Posts
(Offline)
August 16, 2011 - 9:13 pm
Print

Great list!
Thanks

517 Posts
(Offline)
August 19, 2011 - 11:52 am
Print

Very cool, Great idea 8)

349 Posts
(Offline)
August 25, 2011 - 9:40 am
Print

Congrats on having the checklist featured! Very nice, very well done!

We used to use a checklist for everything but over the years thinned it to just a food checklist. When we set up or tear down I take care of all the outside stuff and DW is in charge of inside. She knows where everything gets stored inside (and I know where most is stored) and I take care of packing/unpacking the front storage and items that are carried in the truck.

When we're setting up, once leveled, DW unzips the awning as I start to raise the roof. Once the roof is up, she takes care of the stabilizers while I unpack the trunk. We then work together on the bunks, awning, etc. The system works very well for us and set up or tear down can be done quickly and efficiently.

The food checklist is an important item for us ... otherwise it's too easy to forget the spices needed for a certain meal or some condiments.

Overall checklists and storage maps are a valuable tool but one that everyone will eventually modify or streamline to suit their needs.

John

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690
Moderators: 0