Forum Login
Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
French Creek State Park - Season Opener Group Rally, March 16-18, 2012
106 Posts
(Offline)
November 16, 2011 - 8:47 am
Print

The menu sounds good so far. Dawn, once again you and I were thinking the same with the food. Steven will make Irish soda bread in the dutch oven.                                                                      We always go out with our local friends for St. Patty's day something my dear husband forgot so I'm thrilled that I'll be able to enjoy  the St. Patrick's dinner after all. 

333 Posts
(Offline)
November 16, 2011 - 9:42 am
Print

Just made the reservation.  We're in C36 with the usual contingent - 2 adults, 2 kids.

24 Posts
(Offline)
November 16, 2011 - 9:01 pm
Print

Just booked C38.  Can't wait!  :dog:

138 Posts
(Offline)
November 18, 2011 - 2:15 pm
Print

We're registered for C-2.  See you there in March

2545 Posts
(Offline)
December 2, 2011 - 1:23 pm
Print

I just booked C37.  I will need a nice relaxing weekend after moving into my new house in January :thumbsup:  I will have to see what the weather is like, I may bring my 6 year old nephew. 

Matt O 2006 Skyline Nomad 27' travel trailer.  Previously owned 1986 Coleman Columbia / 1992 Coleman Senecca / 1989 Born Free Class C RV.

Eastern Pennsylvania
3876 Posts
(Offline)
December 9, 2011 - 7:54 pm
Print

Looks like there's only a few electric sites left, great turnout.

138 Posts
(Offline)
December 16, 2011 - 10:46 pm
Print

[quote author=Breadbox link=topic=1221.msg9477#msg9477 date=1321643734]
We're registered for C-2.  See you there in March

Hey, I need to beg borrow or steal  😉 a favor... We have the new power panel for our pup but the dw was going to install it... since her back surgery she has a hard enough time getting in the camper much less installing anything. Is there anyone that can give me a hand trying to install it at the rally? We will need it for the Skyline Drive in June - no electric! Any help greatly appreciated!

172 Posts
(Offline)
December 17, 2011 - 6:52 am
Print

Breadbox, are you referring to the converter. If so are we adding or replacing one. PM or email me with some specs ( pictures always help) 

Eastern Pennsylvania
3876 Posts
(Offline)
December 21, 2011 - 7:46 am
Print

Jello,
Let me know your plans, it should be easy if we are replacing an existing?  I should be able to give you a hand.

2545 Posts
(Offline)
December 25, 2011 - 9:31 pm
Print

I "gave" my  6yo nephew a camping trip for Christmas and I told him I would take him to this Rally if it isn't too cold.  He is super excited  :crazydance:  The last time I took him camping without his 9yo sister he talked non stop from the time I picked him up on Friday until I dropped him off on Sunday.  I gave my niece camping for her present as well  :cheerleader: but I think it would be better giving them solo trips so they each have their "own" experience.

I was thinking I could take my Hybrid mountain bike and go for a ride.  Anybody have any suggestions on where I can take a 6yo who will have a typical BMX style bike?  I want to take him through some trails, I think he would think that is cool.  There is a trail between Hopewell furnace and French Creek that is a super easy and level trail, right? 

Matt O 2006 Skyline Nomad 27' travel trailer.  Previously owned 1986 Coleman Columbia / 1992 Coleman Senecca / 1989 Born Free Class C RV.

138 Posts
(Offline)
December 26, 2011 - 4:40 pm
Print

[quote author=JoeCamper link=topic=1221.msg9929#msg9929 date=1324471599]
Jello,
Let me know your plans, it should be easy if we are replacing an existing?  I should be able to give you a hand.

First, the kids are coming too, so you can update the attendance.  Second, not as easy as you are thinking.  We got the PUP from a guy who bought it from a guy who tore out half the electrical system, so I'm not sure what we've got and what we don't.  We have full AC power and an old inverter that at one time had a battery but now just has two cut-off wires.  We bought a new inverter since the old one was kind of iffy to begin with.  The unit's also had a retrofitted a/c unit that routinely blows the breaker whenever we plug it into the unit.  We run it off an extension cord that's plugged into the site's power seperately.  Our RV dealer sold us a new inverter, battery and everything necessary to put in a system that would run the a/c with site or battery power and gave us directions how to install it, but we can't find the directions (lost, I think, when I rebuilt the roof side) and now that my wife can't move easily, I lost my help and the person with the good understanding of both trailer electrics (her parents have a 25' Airstream) and wiring in general.  I generally end up either electrocuting myself or shorting something out, or both.  I really don't need my trailer burning to the ground at the rally, brings everyone down, you know, so any help would be more than appreciated.  All of the quipment we bought is in the trailer, which is still closed up.  Once I open it back up when the weather gets warmer, I'll take some pictures of the new inverter and the breakers and stuff that need to be installed.

88 Posts
(Offline)
December 28, 2011 - 2:47 pm
Print

I need to verify the distance from Ohio and sweet talk the hubby, hope to see you all in March.

138 Posts
(Offline)
December 28, 2011 - 11:31 pm
Print

By car, it's about 9 hours from Columbus.  Hauling the PUP, maybe add another hour or two.  Figure your time from where you are to Columbus and that should give you a pretty good idea of how long it will take.

2545 Posts
(Offline)
December 29, 2011 - 7:13 am
Print

Breadbox, you forgot to end it properly.  :cowboy: 

Time spent in the car.....9-10 hours
Awesome weekend camping at a Canvas Campers Rally......Priceless

348 Posts
(Offline)
January 5, 2012 - 9:46 am
Print

I managed to book a site at Disney's Fort Wilderness for 10 days starting 3/22, so I'm not going to be able to make French Creek  this year.

C-10 should now be open.  I'll miss you guys!

236 Posts
(Offline)
January 5, 2012 - 3:55 pm
Print

Wont be the same without you , I will miss you and your hybrid. Thank god Jello got a new one that has a bathroom in it.
    But really have a great trip to Florida.

3 Posts
(Offline)
January 5, 2012 - 9:16 pm
Print

Glad to see the Spring Opener happening...I just didn't have the time to pull it together as organizer this year.  Too much of that "life" getting in the way of life, ya know ::)

I just booked site #33, 1 adult, 2 teens (13 & 15).

BTW Joe, nice website!!!

2545 Posts
(Offline)
January 5, 2012 - 9:22 pm
Print

Why does "Life" have to get in the way of so many things????  I hear you Bummer, I have been selling/buying/moving homes these past few weeks/months.  Loads of "fun"  ::)

Speaking of "Life", I can't wait to escape it and go camping!!!!!! :cheers:

447 Posts
(Offline)
January 6, 2012 - 10:28 am
Print

Yay, Doug! It wouldn't be our March FC trip without you. This makes our 5th yr. Can you believe it?  😀

Eastern Pennsylvania
3876 Posts
(Offline)
January 15, 2012 - 9:53 am
Print

We've played games at a few rallies and they have been a big success so I'm working on this rally game.  We will get together a hour before the potluck dinner on Saturday, come to play or just hang out around the campfire for a few laughs.

Mixed trivia: four topics, ten questions each, many will be multiple choose.  Something like: Movies/TV - History Buff - Music and TBD

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2