(Offline)
February 27, 2012 - 5:48 pm
Print

I'll bring a 4 foot table.

2545 Posts
(Offline)
February 27, 2012 - 6:22 pm
Print

John, My understanding of the ADA sites is they don't show available online until all other sites are booked.  However, you can call up directly and reserve it.  They do this to keep people who don't need it from reserving it because they want a site that is level, paved, and near the bathrooms. 

Matt O 2006 Skyline Nomad 27' travel trailer.  Previously owned 1986 Coleman Columbia / 1992 Coleman Senecca / 1989 Born Free Class C RV.

349 Posts
(Offline)
February 27, 2012 - 6:25 pm
Print

[quote author=JoeCamper link=topic=1221.msg11160#msg11160 date=1330378386]
All ADA sites are available here and aren't permitted to be booked by not ADA until all other electric sites are taken.

So John, when are you booking this rally?  Or are you just coming Saturday to visit and dinner?  All are welcome!

We're holding off booking. We've had a lot of family drama lately, sister-in-law w/cancer, her husband w/family gripes (can you say "all about me?"), father-in-law w/recurring prostate cancer, so we've been pulled in a lot of different directions over the past few weeks. If everything settles, and it's looking promising, they we'll take a look at the rally.

French Creek is one of our favorite parks and we don't get down there too often. We booked a weekend last summer when DW's sister came up from Florida, and that was the first time we were there in several years. Our daughter-in-law loves camping at Cowans Gap and Pine Grove Furnace, so we try for one of those once a month, especially in swimming weather. We also get to Gifford Pinchot a lot, since it's close to our son's house and they visit one of the days.

It seems, from our experience, that French Creek is somewhat better about ADA than other parks. They all say on the reservation form that proof is required but no one ever checks anything. Of course, I'd also like a chance to spend some quality time with the state's ADA planners, but they might not enjoy it as much as I would ...  :knuppel2:

Lone Lock: The sites won't show on a regular search but you can put the site number in and get it that way.

John

468 Posts
(Offline)
February 28, 2012 - 1:21 pm
Print

Count us in for helping with cost of gathering site and firewood. Thanks to all organizing all of these details to making the rallies so great.

706 Posts
(Offline)
February 28, 2012 - 1:45 pm
Print

I'll chip in on cost of gathering site and firewood too! Thank you for all your hard work JoeCamper!

Is there a time line of the weekend 'activities'?

Eastern Pennsylvania
3876 Posts
(Offline)
February 28, 2012 - 3:01 pm
Print

Friday: 'Meet and Greet' campfire in the evening, everyone will be arriving at different times so stop by to say hi, enjoy the fire.

Saturday: I bring coffee and a 42c brew station for the morning.  First up starts the coffee.  Everyone does their own thing throughtout the day.  Trivia and campfire around 5pm, dinner at 6pm, campfire and guitar playing to follow.

Sunday: There is coffee again in the morning.

There are nice hiking and biking trails at the park.Click Here for map
Fun Geocache (treasure hunting) http://www.geocaching.com/
Fishing on the Scotts Run 22-acre Lake and the Hopewell 68 acres Lake
Frisbee golf course.
The historic Hopewell Furnace. http://www.nps.gov/hofu/index.htm
and much more.

1573 Posts
(Offline)
February 28, 2012 - 3:14 pm
Print

It's usually me or Steve that gets the coffee started in the morning, depends on who is more desperate.

Martini Glass The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything that they have!
333 Posts
(Offline)
February 28, 2012 - 10:13 pm
Print

It looks like we'll be canceling our reservation. DW and the boys want to go do something else that weekend, and my arm was twisted mercilessly until I agreed.

I'll be thinking of you all!

I'm not sure how full the campground is, but if anyone wants to grab my reservation, PM me and we can coordinate a time.

Eastern Pennsylvania
3876 Posts
(Offline)
February 29, 2012 - 6:39 am
Print

Jeff,
Sorry you won't be able to make it, we'll throw a log on the fire for you.  Hope to see you around the campfire again soon.

706 Posts
(Offline)
February 29, 2012 - 8:15 am
Print

How many people coming are [size=14pt][font=comic sans ms][glow=red,2,300]Decaf [/glow][/font][/size]drinkers? 

Trying to decide if I should just drink 😀 caffiene  :rock:  and run circles around the campground, or bring an additional coffee maker  :megacool:

Eastern Pennsylvania
3876 Posts
(Offline)
February 29, 2012 - 8:41 am
Print

I carry a small 4 cup coffee maker in the camper that I can put out with the other.  You just need to bring the decaf coffee.

2545 Posts
(Offline)
February 29, 2012 - 8:52 am
Print

How entertaining can you be while running around in circles? 

Matt O 2006 Skyline Nomad 27' travel trailer.  Previously owned 1986 Coleman Columbia / 1992 Coleman Senecca / 1989 Born Free Class C RV.

706 Posts
(Offline)
February 29, 2012 - 10:21 am
Print

Remember Beavis when he had too much sugar and became Cornholio?

:tease:    :crazydance:  :tease:  :crazydance:    :tease:  :crazydance:    :tease:    :crazydance:

192 Posts
(Offline)
March 1, 2012 - 7:39 am
Print

[quote author=Lone Lock link=topic=1221.msg11240#msg11240 date=1330523550]
How entertaining can you be while running around in circles?
I don't know, could be interesting?????

828 Posts
(Offline)
March 1, 2012 - 8:46 am
Print

Will bring 8 foot table and table cloth.  Also money towards firewood and site.

ADA: We qualify, however, no on would know it to look at DH.  We've been within 3 sites of bathhouse, so far.  And asking you to prove your disability would be against HIPPA policy, so they can't do it anyway.  (Work in health care and deal with it all the time)

THis sounds like it's lining up to be a fun weekend.  Cornhulio......hmmmm...new on line name for you?

138 Posts
(Offline)
March 1, 2012 - 2:57 pm
Print

Whydoesanyoneneeddecaf?Idon'tneeddecaf.What'swrongwithpeoplethatalittlesugarsetsthemoff?Idrinkregularcoffeewithextrasugaranditdoesn'tbothermeatall,see?Nothing.Nochange whatsoever.Wow,I'mtiredallthesudden!Anyoneelsetired?ThinkI'mgoingtogolaydownnow.  We should be able to chip in for firewood and stuff.  Just remind me when we get there.

1573 Posts
(Offline)
March 1, 2012 - 2:59 pm
Print

....and the scary part of that message above is.... I did not have any trouble reading that while sipping coffee at the same time.

Martini Glass The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything that they have!
706 Posts
(Offline)
March 1, 2012 - 3:11 pm
Print

I think Breadbox might need to join me on that decaf...

lol

2545 Posts
(Offline)
March 1, 2012 - 3:30 pm
Print

That was funny  :lmao:

236 Posts
(Offline)
March 1, 2012 - 3:41 pm
Print

That was decaf he was drinking

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701