(Offline)
March 1, 2012 - 8:18 pm
Print

LOL.  Honestly, I really am. ;D

1573 Posts
(Offline)
March 3, 2012 - 10:44 am
Print

Would everyone take a second and check the chart on the first message of this thread to make sure we have your information correct.

Martini Glass The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything that they have!
468 Posts
(Offline)
March 3, 2012 - 2:11 pm
Print

Just one small change. There will be 2 17yrs with us from Saturday thru Sunday.  :idiot2:

357 Posts
(Offline)
March 3, 2012 - 7:45 pm
Print

You can add that our teen is 15.

706 Posts
(Offline)
March 3, 2012 - 7:53 pm
Print

Mine will be three adults, and I'll be bringing Tuna Noodle Kaboodle to the Pot Luck.

2545 Posts
(Offline)
March 3, 2012 - 8:31 pm
Print

It turns out my nephew is 7, not 6.  I am not a bad Uncle.  He had a birthday recently.  I hung out with him today and we discussed the menu for the weekend.  He would like to bring spaghetti to the pot luck. 

Interesting note about our menu, we are doing sandwiches for lunch and when I asked him  what kind of sandwiches he wanted he said peanut butter and jelly.  Then he acted like he said a bad word.....My son is allergic to Peanuts.  I was proud that my 7 year old nephew recognized that my son can't be around anything peanut.  My son won't be on this trip so we are OK for my nephew to bring a peanut butter and jelly sandwich....made by his mother in her house and put in a ziplock prior to the weekend  :chef:

Matt O 2006 Skyline Nomad 27' travel trailer.  Previously owned 1986 Coleman Columbia / 1992 Coleman Senecca / 1989 Born Free Class C RV.

468 Posts
(Offline)
March 4, 2012 - 10:22 am
Print

Add biscuits and corn bread to our list of items we will bring to the dinner.

447 Posts
(Offline)
March 4, 2012 - 10:22 am
Print

Okay, the decision has been made. We'll bring sloppy joes to the potluck. Also, site 30 will be Buxcamper & family. I'm sure 1 adult & 1 teen will be there for the wknd. Their college kid goes back to school Sun morning, so not sure if she & mom will be there Sat night.

550 Posts
(Offline)
March 4, 2012 - 7:05 pm
Print

We will be bringing apple curry chicken for the potluck, and maybe a dessert if I have the time to throw something together.

Eastern Pennsylvania
3876 Posts
(Offline)
March 4, 2012 - 7:30 pm
Print

I will be bringing some snacks for Friday evening and traditional macaroni and cheese in the crockpot for the potluck.

402 Posts
(Offline)
March 4, 2012 - 9:37 pm
Print

I was thinking we would make baked potatoes in crockpot with some toppings and a pasta salad.  Just Butch and I are coming, this is our romantic getaway without the kids and the dog!  😉

138 Posts
(Offline)
March 4, 2012 - 11:35 pm
Print

You still don't have the kids on our listing.  3 kids, 10, 8 and 7.

706 Posts
(Offline)
March 5, 2012 - 1:49 pm
Print

Do the park rangers become park nazi's if I don't use the ring to contain the fire, just the rocks?

Eastern Pennsylvania
3876 Posts
(Offline)
March 5, 2012 - 2:47 pm
Print

Depending on your site, but the rangers would prefer the fires in the fire ring.  We have moved the fire ring to better accommodate a large group and have also had a fire large then the ring but it started there.

There are a few sites (mostly tent sites) where the fire ring are deep in the woods and they are more lenient there than the standard sites.
[hr]
They are strict about parking vehicles on the pavement only, there is parking available for extra vehicles as needed.

638 Posts
(Offline)
March 5, 2012 - 4:23 pm
Print

If you have 2 cars, you will need to pay the extra car fee or move it to the extra parking that is on a lot you can't see. Have exact cash. It used to be $6/night. It might be more now.

138 Posts
(Offline)
March 6, 2012 - 1:59 pm
Print

Since they've waived the pet policy, we might bring our cocker spaniel, Maggie.  We're thinking of taking her to Skyline Drive this summer and taking her on this trip will let us know if it's going to be a problem.

706 Posts
(Offline)
March 7, 2012 - 8:46 am
Print

I just heard on the news this morning that they're calling for rain all weekend.  But I also checked on weather.com, and they're not calling for rain. 
http://www.weather.com/weather.....A+USPA0496

If anyone knows how to do an anti-rain dance,
:dans2:      :megacool:      :dans2:      :megacool:
it would be a good idea to start warming up. 

Eastern Pennsylvania
3876 Posts
(Offline)
March 7, 2012 - 9:21 am
Print

Yesterday, the news said sunny and high 50s for that weekend, today they are calling for showers.  It's the only job I know that you can be wrong all the time and still get a paycheck.  It won't be accurate until about 3 days before.

Eastern Pennsylvania
3876 Posts
(Offline)
March 7, 2012 - 9:25 am
Print

Rally weekends are usually very busy for me, even if it's just socializing.  :cheers:  If forgotten to take photos at one or two rallies regretted it later.

If there is a member who has a camera that takes good pictures and is interested, we need a camping photographer for the weekend.  Pics of each camp site, a few of the potluck dinner and around the campfire, etc.  If someone is interested, let me know?

1573 Posts
(Offline)
March 7, 2012 - 9:35 am
Print

[quote author=JoeCamper link=topic=1221.msg11536#msg11536 date=1331130308]
If there is a member who has a camera that takes good pictures and is interested, we need a camping photographer for the weekend.  Pics of each camp site, a few of the potluck dinner and around the campfire, etc.  If someone is interested, let me know?

I have someone in mind for that, our friend Rich is a photographer, let me see if he is in camping mood.

Martini Glass The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything that they have!
Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2