Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
French Creek State Park - Season Opener Group Rally, March 16-18, 2012
Eastern Pennsylvania
3876 Posts
(Offline)
March 12, 2012 - 1:25 pm
Print

There is electric at most sites but there is NOT water at any of them.  There are 4 hydrants located in the C loop to fill up before parking and you can carry additional water if needed.  Many of us have 5gal jugs if you need to borrow one.

357 Posts
(Offline)
March 12, 2012 - 7:19 pm
Print

Trucks loaded all that's left is food and cloths.

638 Posts
(Offline)
March 12, 2012 - 7:22 pm
Print

[quote author=MariskaHargitay link=topic=1221.msg11615#msg11615 date=1331552424]
4 days! I'm ready to go!  And by ready, I mean mentally, physically I'm lagging a bit behind  😉

Don't forget to bring your camper keys! I'm serious about the conga line going past my camper to see if I can copy someone's key for my camper!

:dans2:

You serve cocktails and snacks and you'll be surprised who won't try their key  😉

106 Posts
(Offline)
March 12, 2012 - 7:42 pm
Print

Hey Phil,
I vote for butterscotch.

Eastern Pennsylvania
3876 Posts
(Offline)
March 13, 2012 - 9:44 am
Print

Maps are completed, name tags are printed, wood is ordered, trivia game is almost finished.
I have a 10'x20' canopy for the gathering site but will need help setting it up and taking it down.  Now to load the camper and buy food - think I'm taking Friday off.  😉

The weather looks great with a 20% and 30% chance of a shower.
[smg id=808]

447 Posts
(Offline)
March 13, 2012 - 11:56 am
Print

[quote author=JEH412 link=topic=1221.msg11628#msg11628 date=1331572703]No water at the sites in any PA state parks.
The one exception I know of us Little Buffalo State Park. You can get an onsite water hookup there. Up until about 5 yrs ago or so, it had been a private campground adjacent to the park. The state bought it & incorporated it into the park system.

349 Posts
(Offline)
March 13, 2012 - 1:14 pm
Print

[quote author=busdriverwc75 link=topic=1221.msg11667#msg11667 date=1331654205]
The one exception I know of us Little Buffalo State Park. You can get an onsite water hookup there. Up until about 5 yrs ago or so, it had been a private campground adjacent to the park. The state bought it & incorporated it into the park system.

You're right! I forgot about that one. We take the kayaks to Little Buffalo once in a while and drove up to check out the campground about a year after the state bought it. We never camped there, though.

John

550 Posts
(Offline)
March 13, 2012 - 3:45 pm
Print

[quote author=Christine link=topic=1221.msg11639#msg11639 date=1331595765]
I vote for butterscotch.

Me too ! ;D

236 Posts
(Offline)
March 13, 2012 - 4:27 pm
Print

Getting ready for the weekend. Finally popped it up, fixed the interior light problem ( it was at the converter) and will air and wash it out yet today. I hope.
Since we stopped using the  20lb. propane on the pup I am going to remove the regulator and bring it with us if anybody wants it they can have it. Also Butch, I am going to bring the water storage tank along to give to you as well. I will also have 2 practically brand new (only used twice) propane lanterns in cases for sale as well. Make an offer and take them. 

402 Posts
(Offline)
March 13, 2012 - 4:53 pm
Print

Thanks that's great!
Butch and jen

230 Posts
(Offline)
March 13, 2012 - 8:33 pm
Print

I set the camper up in the driveway Sunday, went through and emptied out stuff we don't need put in the stuff we do.  I fixed the front corners of canvas that keep coming disconnected from around the lifters (darn those little clips).  Then for good measure I rewired the light harness from the camper to get rid of the darn grounding issue I have been having that shorts out the turn signals and sidemarker lights and replaced the blown fuse in the truck for the left trailer turn signal (used my last 10 amp mini fuse).  Wow what a difference in how bright they now are, looks like I'm going to have to get a new rear red sidemarker cover- the poor thing is so faded it won't even pass for pink let alone red.  Then to top the day off since the repairs were going so well I mounted a gently used diamond plated "A frame" tool box to the tongue to carry the bal leveler, cranks, chocks, levels and odds and ends stuff that normally rides on the floor by the door.  Took it for a quick road test to the gas station and filled all three tires.  A little food shopping tomorrow after work and I should be set.

2545 Posts
(Offline)
March 14, 2012 - 8:17 am
Print

I didn't know what I was going to be using as a TV but that has been settled.  If I had my pickup I'd have the roof racks and could get some 8 footers on the roof.....the van doesn't have the roof racks so I was able to get only one 6 footer in the van.

Matt O 2006 Skyline Nomad 27' travel trailer.  Previously owned 1986 Coleman Columbia / 1992 Coleman Senecca / 1989 Born Free Class C RV.

138 Posts
(Offline)
March 14, 2012 - 10:04 am
Print

I cleaned out the pup over the weekend and started getting some of the preliminary electrical work done.  I mounted the new battery box on the tongue and ran the wires for the new 12V outlets and hooked the speakers up to the new stereo.  Then I washed the pup and got my wife's car washed and waxed too so it'll look as good as the pup.  Last night I went shopping and got most of what I'll need for the rest of the electrical work that will get done this weekend with Joe and Steven.  Thanks guys.  Today I'm making a mount for the new power lift switch at work and popping the pup back up this evening.  I just need to get a few more wire connectors and some smaller gauge wire and the food and my boss just okayed taking off Friday afternoon.

828 Posts
(Offline)
March 14, 2012 - 7:34 pm
Print

Checking in early in PA State Parks: We've never been turned away anytime after 12noon, unless the space has not yet been vacated.

2545 Posts
(Offline)
March 15, 2012 - 10:16 am
Print

That is great news about checking in early.  I have shown up a little early, but since my nephew has the day off I am going to take the full day off as well and hit the road really early. 

Since I am going to be there early and I have a video camera, I may stop by as people set up to get some video clips on how people level using various methods…..BAL, Lynx, Wood, etc.  I’m not looking for a full length feature movie, just short clips of backing up on Wood or Lynx levelers and a BAL in use.  Maybe some shots of wheel chocks and bubble levels.

You can choose not to be in the video, just subtly say that the FBI prefers that your face or camper not be seen in pictures or video.  O0

Matt O 2006 Skyline Nomad 27' travel trailer.  Previously owned 1986 Coleman Columbia / 1992 Coleman Senecca / 1989 Born Free Class C RV.

706 Posts
(Offline)
March 15, 2012 - 10:27 am
Print

:knuppel2: what if the FBI would prefer to catch my face in a video, and I'm the one who doesn't want it there? 
This is still anonymous, right?  :-X

just kidding.

447 Posts
(Offline)
March 15, 2012 - 12:24 pm
Print

Grocery shopping is done. I picked up a couple of green tablecloths for the potluck, too.

All of you early arrivals are making me envious. I went up on Thurs the 1st yr, but not this time. DS2 has an 8:20 soccer game Thurs night & doesn't get home from track practice on Fri until 6. :'(

138 Posts
(Offline)
March 15, 2012 - 12:51 pm
Print

I have to go in Friday morning, because I need to get paid.  Anyway, we have to wait for the kids to get off school, although I think we're picking them up with the pup in tow.  I'm glad someone's going to video the setup.  We're going to get the electrical system fixed so this might be the last time the Ghetto Power Lift has to operate with jumper cables.  Hopefully we'll be there between 6 and 7.

236 Posts
(Offline)
March 15, 2012 - 1:02 pm
Print

Expect to be there in a few hours. 😀

706 Posts
(Offline)
March 15, 2012 - 1:57 pm
Print

Breadbox, you're making me jealous! It's rather painful to read this while I'm sitting here in my office for another few hours... It's soooo nice outside!!

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2