Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
French Creek State Park - Season Opener Group Rally, March 16-18, 2012
Eastern Pennsylvania
3876 Posts
(Offline)
March 7, 2012 - 11:02 am
Print

Sounds good, we can always use a second person if anyone is interested.  We are looking for some photos to use in our upcoming videos similar to this one.

Canvas Campers Greeting

2545 Posts
(Offline)
March 9, 2012 - 12:37 pm
Print

Time to start loading up this weekend.

I have an extra vehicle so I can just load it up and let it sit until Friday afternoon  :cowboy: 

Matt O 2006 Skyline Nomad 27' travel trailer.  Previously owned 1986 Coleman Columbia / 1992 Coleman Senecca / 1989 Born Free Class C RV.

Eastern Pennsylvania
3876 Posts
(Offline)
March 9, 2012 - 8:41 pm
Print

Daylight savings time tomorrow so we'll have an extra hour of daylight.

230 Posts
(Offline)
March 10, 2012 - 1:02 pm
Print

It looks like Kate and Cora will not be coming with me for the weekend. I might just bring the old tent if the weather looks decent.  We set it up this morning to play outside today- sure brought back some great memories.

2545 Posts
(Offline)
March 10, 2012 - 6:46 pm
Print

I checked and added air to all of the tires (including the spare), filled up on propane, and now I am baking my battery.  I have a few more things to do on Sunday......who am I kidding?  I will be getting things together and putting them in the pup or TV until the minute I leave.

Matt O 2006 Skyline Nomad 27' travel trailer.  Previously owned 1986 Coleman Columbia / 1992 Coleman Senecca / 1989 Born Free Class C RV.

24 Posts
(Offline)
March 11, 2012 - 10:19 am
Print

Unfortunately, we are not going to make it to Frenk Creek. Hope to see you all at the next one.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

828 Posts
(Offline)
March 11, 2012 - 5:39 pm
Print

Popped it up and loaded it.  Most of the rest goes in truck anyway.  Kiddo got bike tires filled and replaced my bikes brake pad today, as well.  Just need to throw in food and clothes and we are ready!

Eastern Pennsylvania
3876 Posts
(Offline)
March 11, 2012 - 6:50 pm
Print

The week of the rally, temps in the high 60s.  Now if I could only find my red crocs?  :-

638 Posts
(Offline)
March 11, 2012 - 10:38 pm
Print

Order them now. They will arrive in time for Friday.

468 Posts
(Offline)
March 12, 2012 - 12:45 am
Print

Please Joe say it ain't so. A rally without your red crocs.  :'(

21 Posts
(Offline)
March 12, 2012 - 12:55 am
Print

[quote author=JoeCamper link=topic=1221.msg11536#msg11536 date=1331130308]
Rally weekends are usually very busy for me, even if it's just socializing.  :cheers:  If forgotten to take photos at one or two rallies regretted it later.

If there is a member who has a camera that takes good pictures and is interested, we need a camping photographer for the weekend.  Pics of each camp site, a few of the potluck dinner and around the campfire, etc.  If someone is interested, let me know?

I have a brand spanking new camera I am totally in love with... even shoots video. I am bringing it. You are more than welcome to whatever I shoot! See y'all soon!

21 Posts
(Offline)
March 12, 2012 - 1:28 am
Print

The posts about decaf and my DH are a riot! He really does act like that with enough caffeine and sugar! (BTW DH is Breadbox) Just got the toybox opened and checked... menu done. Shopping for food on Tuesday. May bring a little smackrel for Friday if I think we will get there at a reasonable time. Gotta get Matt back from Rockville and pick up the pup and the puppy (ok dog... just don't tell her) and then pick up the kids.

Any help we can get with the inverter will be wonderful...

I am so glad that I am able to come to this rally... this is the last rally I went to as a "whole person" Last year we were there and then in the first week of April my back decided to stop playing nice. I ended up in surgery and lost a good bit of function below the injury site.  :'( This trip will (hopefully) make me think I am at least part of the way back to being me. Really looking forward to seeing you all this weekend! You'll see me... I'm the one surrounded by 3 kids and a concerned DH.  :thumbup:

706 Posts
(Offline)
March 12, 2012 - 7:40 am
Print

4 days! I'm ready to go!  And by ready, I mean mentally, physically I'm lagging a bit behind  😉

Don't forget to bring your camper keys! I'm serious about the conga line going past my camper to see if I can copy someone's key for my camper!

:dans2:

1573 Posts
(Offline)
March 12, 2012 - 9:30 am
Print

Flagstaff Highwall popup setup and airing out. Water tank disinfecting, inventory and washing all the kitchen in progress. Some minor mods to do as well as having to replace the breakaway switch. The mess of wiring on the A-frame has to be cleaned up, I hate looking at it.

Our camping sign pole is setup in the back yard getting a fresh coat of paint and testing what it all looks like with the signs and flags on it.

For those getting in at all hours on Friday, at the meet and great bonfire on Friday, Peter and I will be providing some sit around the fire finger munchies - can we say "deep fried wings" and "poppers". (sometime after 9:00PM).

We are taking suggestions for this weekends "test tube" adult beverage.

Martini Glass The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything that they have!
2545 Posts
(Offline)
March 12, 2012 - 10:54 am
Print

I just found out that my nephew has off on Friday and I already took a 1/2 day.  :rock:  How does early check in work at French Creek?  Will they hassle me if I show up at noon?

.....of course now I am saying I will get there early and I will actually arrive at 9pm.

138 Posts
(Offline)
March 12, 2012 - 10:56 am
Print

Got the pup and the TV washed yesterday, and some of the new electric roughed in so I can get it hooked up once the new converter is in.  DW found a manual for the converter online that was more comprehensive than the one that came with it (????).  Wednesday, the pup gets popped back up (and probably dried out from washing it.)  Thursday it gets loaded up after work.  Hopefully, Friday I can take half a day off and we can get started a little earlier than last year.

447 Posts
(Offline)
March 12, 2012 - 11:10 am
Print

Air in the tires & charging up the battery. Not planning on dewinterizng or sanitizing for this trip. I'll throw some food & clothes in Fri morning before hitching & take time to clean the inside on Sat.

357 Posts
(Offline)
March 12, 2012 - 12:49 pm
Print

De winterized and sanitized yesterday. Installed a new battery. Working on the menu. I'll pack all the gear Thursday night.

706 Posts
(Offline)
March 12, 2012 - 1:16 pm
Print

What's the deal with water at french creek?  do you have to fill at one spot and then bring your camper to your campsite?  Is there water at each site?

349 Posts
(Offline)
March 12, 2012 - 1:18 pm
Print

There are water spigots at several spots around the campground loop. No water at the sites in any PA state parks.

John

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690
Moderators: 0