Forum Login
Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Gettysburg CG, PA - Historical Rally - April 2012
699 Posts
(Offline)
April 23, 2012 - 8:45 pm
Print

Had a great time.  Thanks to all for welcoming us in.  The food was good, the beerfest was great, But the people are the Best.  Look forward to the next rally we can attend.  We stayed til Monday.  Did all the inside stuff on sunday during the day. Rained all day and night. Monday at 7.00am it stopped raining we quickly packed and ran.
  The creek had risen over 1 foot before we left.  Found snow on the ground at Williamsport and all the way home.  Snowing hard several times.  8-10" on the ground at home.

Still A great weekend Thanks to Joe and all the new people we met.

826 Posts
(Offline)
April 24, 2012 - 10:20 am
Print

Finally have it opened up and drying out.  Did end up with one bunk VERY wet.  When I picked mattress up, the water ran out of it.    The mattress is in the house drying out.  Tomorrow eve, we'll be all dry and repacked and closed up. 

550 Posts
(Offline)
April 24, 2012 - 12:44 pm
Print

We got very lucky that we woke up early Sunday and had the camper down before the rain started. I was very glad we didn't have to put it back up to dry out.  Even the ride home wasn't that bad - the heavy, driving rain didn't start by our house until late afternoon. 

Guess we really can't complain about the weather - we've been soooo lucky with almost all of the rallies. I think I only remember maybe 2-3 where there was any rain at all. Not bad for doing the rally-thing for 4+ seasons  ;D

1 ... 34567
Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3700

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2689
Moderators: 0