Forum Login
Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Gettysburg CG, PA - Historical Rally - April 2012
701 Posts
(Offline)
April 10, 2012 - 8:27 pm
Print

We bought a Coleman 1800 watt generator at a camp ground yardsale for $35.  But never sold anything. Wish Gettysburg was closer to home have a pile of stuff to sell.

827 Posts
(Offline)
April 10, 2012 - 8:55 pm
Print

Thinking about bringing kids games and books for sale.  Just gotta figure out how to pack em, so as not to take up much room.

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
April 12, 2012 - 11:26 pm
Print

We've played a few music and trivia games at some of the rallies and they seem to be enjoyed so... I've had a little extra time on my hands and created one for Gettysburg.  It is the Logic Riddles Game.  You don't need trivia knowledge but you will need to think outside the box.

Example:
How can you throw a ball as hard as you can and have it come back to you, even if it doesn't bounce off anything? There is nothing attached to it, and no one else catches or throws it back to you. (answer below)

Here my thoughts for the potluck and other activities:
Friday night meet and greet campfire.  Once you arrive and set up, stop by, bring a chair and say hello while enjoying the campfire.
Saturday, everything can enjoy their day with the campground yardsale, historical touring and other area activities.
- Logic Riddle around 5:00pm
- Dinner around 6pm
- Beerfest at 7:30pm (we will have the beer on display and cold.  Small cups to sample or just drink one.  we will also provide cards for the type of beer, where it's made, who brought it, etc)
- Group campfire from 5pm... all evening

Answer: Throw the ball straight up in the air.

706 Posts
(Offline)
April 15, 2012 - 12:21 pm
Print

How are things looking for Grills?  Do you need my small gas grill?

Woo! Only a few more days! I'm off to the beer distributor to figure out what beer to bring! :cheers:

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
April 16, 2012 - 12:43 pm
Print

I have released the remaining sites this morning but you can still book a site on a first come, first serve basis.  See everyone this weekend.

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
April 16, 2012 - 5:21 pm
Print

[size=14pt]GOOD NEWS:[/size]  All water and electric sites have been lowered to $30 plus tax per night for this weekends rally.  Discounts will be given at the time of check-in.  There are still sites available.

706 Posts
(Offline)
April 16, 2012 - 5:44 pm
Print

Wow! Fantastic! How come?

85 Posts
(Offline)
April 16, 2012 - 5:47 pm
Print

Will miss this one on account work. Hoping to catch up with all of you again later this year.

Have fun this weekend.

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
April 16, 2012 - 6:27 pm
Print

I've had a rally here about 3 years ago and the owner was fantastic.  Loved have us and welcomed me back anytime.  We'd been talking about some spring discounted group pricing and were about to work out the $30 per tax from the normal $47 along the creek.  GREAT DEAL!

64 Posts
(Offline)
April 16, 2012 - 7:27 pm
Print

Packed up, gassed up and hooked up - we are out of here by 9 AM tomorrow. I made the run from here to French Creek SP in 2007 in one day (~500 mi.). Too much, will make this a 2 day trip. Now if I can justt find an open campground in southern NY or northern PA, life will be fine.

638 Posts
(Offline)
April 16, 2012 - 8:41 pm
Print

I would suggest Cracker Barrel. I see Ives Run won't be open yet for your trip down. But possibly for the return trip home.

701 Posts
(Offline)
April 16, 2012 - 10:51 pm
Print

Hey Alex,      Wilkins RV just off the Kanona Exit 37 on Route 86/15 has a overnight area, also Camping World is just down the road. Campers Haven in Bath NY opened last weekend 607-776-0328. Hickory Hill In Bath NY is also open 1-800-760-0947.    a couple of choices .

64 Posts
(Offline)
April 16, 2012 - 11:02 pm
Print

I am from eastern Ontario and will be crossing at Cornwall/Massena, Rt 37 to I 81 and down that way.

182 Posts
(Offline)
April 18, 2012 - 7:46 am
Print

:ranger: will campfire be allowed  or is their a no fire ban going on ?

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
April 18, 2012 - 9:23 am
Print

The weather forecast keeps looking better as the week passes.  It was a 70% chance of rain Friday, which is gone and an 80% chance of heavy rain on Saturday, now it's a 30% chance of a isolated thunder storm.

I'm excited that DD (14) will be joining us this weekend.
A buddy from my old work will be setting up a tent of my site and there are one or two couple also reserving today.

706 Posts
(Offline)
April 18, 2012 - 2:07 pm
Print

I just got hold of the campground, it sounded like the phone was off the hook all morning.  As of right now there IS a ban on campfires, but a hibachi type grill or propane grill is ok (we have to cook food, right!?). I didn't ask but I'd assume a camp stove is fine too. 

I suppose the silver lining is no needing to transport or buy firewood. 

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
April 18, 2012 - 2:36 pm
Print

There is a ban on campfires, any campfire must be in a covered enclosure with no holes larger then 1/4 a inch.  Cooking grills, stoves and similar are all acceptable for use.

[hr]
Countywide ban on open burning will take effect Saturday, April 14th.

Adams County Fire Marshal Glenn Herring - "The ban will remain in place indefinitely, until further notice is given."

638 Posts
(Offline)
April 18, 2012 - 9:44 pm
Print

So, that means we would be allowed to bring a firepit that is covered? Just can't do big fires or anything that really puts off warmth. They would be ambiance only.

I'll bring mine.

701 Posts
(Offline)
April 18, 2012 - 10:09 pm
Print

Will Bring our fire pit just in case mesh is samll enough.

706 Posts
(Offline)
April 19, 2012 - 6:49 am
Print

Thingette and Chief, I was thinking the same thing, about bringing a firepit.  I've never had a small enough fire in it to have the top on, just at the end.  I wonder if the top would fit over the fire ring?  hmm...

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2