Forum Login
Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Southeast Spring Rally! Apr 5-7
41 Posts
(Offline)
April 7, 2013 - 10:43 pm
Print

We are home safe as well. A HUGE THANKS TO EVERYONE! This was our first rally and it was awesome. Met some great folks. Had some great food. Outstanding park with fantastic views. An extra special thanks to Judy and Jim for all there effort in making this such a success. Joe, my camper is looking real nice with the new decal on there for all to see in our upcoming camping trips 🙂

On a side note i want to say to all the parents that attended, me and my wife seen such good parenting this weekend. It was very nice being around all the great kids in attendance and seeing them have such a great time. Kudos guy's. you make believing in the future of the human race much easier. 🙂

Boomjammer and jarhead (hope i got the names right), Your musical talents added such a special touch! Much appreciated.

Fire Captain Jim, your Sunday morning devotion was unexpected and just blew us away. Thanks, thanks, thanks. See ya all in the fall.

336 Posts
(Offline)
April 7, 2013 - 10:51 pm
Print

We are home and unpacked too.

Thank you to everyone involved in making this weekend as enjoyable as it was.
Judy and Jim, good job organizing everything and keeping order.
Dan and Mary, thanks for the scavenger hunt.  My kids (and my wife and I) enjoyed it.
Nancy (and Larry?), thanks for having the kids crafts and pinata.  The kids enjoyed that.
Miles and Sherelia (sp?), thanks for the warm welcome on Thursday and the movies on Friday and Saturday nights. 

Joe and Canvas Campers.  Thank you.  If it weren't for this site, things wouldn't have been the same.
Also want to thank you for the sticker and engraved flashlight.

It was great meeting everyone and even seeing some that we have met over the last few years at rallies in Florida.
We will definitely be trying to attend future rallies.

485 Posts
(Offline)
April 7, 2013 - 10:55 pm
Print

I nearly forgot, thank you Jimmy for helping me haul "honey" a couple of times! ;D

30 Posts
(Offline)
April 7, 2013 - 10:58 pm
Print

The DW and I had an awesome time this past weekend...GREAT to see all our old friends and making new ones. As always Jimmy and Judy you did an extraordinary job organizing the event. Sure our paths will cross before the next rally and if not we will see you in the fall.

117 Posts
(Offline)
April 7, 2013 - 11:42 pm
Print

Laura and I just put out the remnants of our campfire after spending an evening reminicing about our great weekend with our rally friends. We've already missed you (though it has been nice to visit more with Dan and Mary (and Musa) this afternoon). Rachel has declared that she doesn't want to leave tomorrow. Not sure how we're going to handle that. But I'm thrilled that she is really taking to camping! Thanks for the friendship and encouragement to get out znad make memories together!

...and for teaching me how to play cornhole!

394 Posts
(Offline)
April 8, 2013 - 8:45 am
Print

[quote author=GA Judy link=topic=2030.msg22584#msg22584 date=1365383650]
We had the best time, too. Not only was it nice to see our camping family (as MtnKube said - what a last minute surprise ;D ) but to welcome in new folks as part of the group!

JoeCamper, we cannot thank you enough for all the support and interest in our Southeastern Rally, our first off of CanvasCampers. To say we were overwhelmed with your graciousness is only exceeded by those in attendance.

Thanks, everyone for the great food, involvement, volunteers, and the door prize donations!

WOW! What a Wonderful Rally!
I agree 120% with what Judy said! I appreciate everyone attending and helping to make this rally a success! I am with Judy thinking this was the best rally yet and the only reason I can recall is because of the special people who attended help make it to what it became! Yes, we saw old friends from the last rally, but I am really proud to say we gained lots of new friends as well! The attendees don't know it yet, but we had a few other campers in our loop that was not part of the rally, we spoke with them yesterday, A few of them attended the pot luck supper and one even wanted to know where to purchase a RV Nite Lite!  🙂 We fixed them up with a canvas campers business card and other information where they want to attend the rally in the fall as well!
Ladyhawke and others from last years fall rally who didn't make it to this one, WE MISSED YOU! But we know for reason unknown you couldn't make it! SurgiPat, we hope you husband is feeling better!
Everyone, keep your eyes on the computer! We will post pictures soon and information for the proposed Fall Rally!
Joe Camper and your Team, We cannot forget you all for the wonderful help and support you all provided and will continue to provide!
We all agreed that it was night and day difference using your web site to have a wonderful rally! We even had the head ranger that patrols all the campgrounds on the lake to stop by first thing to see what web site we are using. Later we learned from personnel at the main gate that the ranger wants us to get with them to plan the future rallies!  😉
Me and Judy wants to thank everyone for all the wonderful help, comments, surprise show up in person to camp-(MtnKube)!

394 Posts
(Offline)
April 8, 2013 - 9:30 am
Print

All you fellow rally campers can down load your photos at this location: https://canvascampers.com/inde.....lbum;in=26
Click on up load rally photos to get started on down load on pictures!
Did I forget to mention that I charge $1 per picture of me to make money for our future rally pot luck supper expense account?  :rofl:
Thanks everyone for taking the time to share pictures of the wonderful weekend!

1263 Posts
(Offline)
April 8, 2013 - 11:07 am
Print

Jimmy, you are too funny! I did collect some money from some of our group to help pay for tableware and potluck supplies for the fall rally. I'm not counting on much from photos of Jimmy on the album. 😀 (Just kidding, my friend.)

Speaking of the rally album! Wow! It is already waiting to be filled. Right now we've got photos of our cool rally tee-shirt that many of us bought. Before next rally, I will again be asking for orders and we will have them for you to wear all weekend or just to the potluck. Both adult and child sizes are available.

I forgot to thank Jarhead as well for providing his guitar and singing talent with Boomjammer at our Sunday devotional. Darrell and Becky (MrsJarhead61) came in 2nd place in the Saturday Cornhole Tournament, knocking out the reigning champs (Micbur - Dolores & Mike). My dear sweet talented husband Al (no favoritism here) and good Florida rally friend, Wizfisher (Matt), handily beat the Jarhead team! Al says: Next Fall, same time, same place. Get ready!

Now, off to London. Will be back in a week or so and anxious to see the photo album and relive this great weekend!

114 Posts
(Offline)
April 8, 2013 - 11:28 am
Print

WOW!!!  What an awesome weekend!!!!  Weather was good and the company was GREAT!!!  Judy and Jim you did an awesome job getting everything organized and running.  Thanks to all the others that had a hand in planning and organizing everything.

A special thanks to Jim for fixing my fridge that I haven't used in the 10 years I have had my camper!!!  I will think of you every time I use it!!!!  Really enjoyed the Sunday morning devotional and the music was a great plus!!!  Love the old hymns!!! 

MtnKube, I enjoyed getting to know you, Amy and Alana better and getting to spend time talking DO cooking!!!  I look forward to my next trip when I will hopefully WOW everyone with your cherry chocolate cake recipe!!!  Chicken Potpie is on the menu too!!!

71 Posts
(Offline)
April 8, 2013 - 2:52 pm
Print

Well to leap to the bottom line, just made reservations for Sep 5-8.  If I'm east of the Mississippi we'll be there.

Thank you Jim & Judy and all for making it happen.  We enjoying meeting and talking with the folks we met and  watching the kids & dogs having a good time.

Joel

Eastern Pennsylvania
3876 Posts
(Offline)
April 8, 2013 - 6:05 pm
Print

Glad everyone had such a memorable time, let me say from much experience that camping will never be the same after attending a rally with a group of great campers and friends.

485 Posts
(Offline)
April 8, 2013 - 7:09 pm
Print

[quote author=JoeCamper link=topic=2030.msg22629#msg22629 date=1365458719]
Glad everyone had such a memorable time, let me say from much experience that camping will never be the same after attending a rally with a group of great campers and friends.

Agreed!!! :thumbup:

1573 Posts
(Offline)
April 8, 2013 - 7:50 pm
Print

[smg id=2225]

Upload your pictures here so a playlist of the event can be created:
https://canvascampers.com/index.php?action=media;sa=post;album=24

As soon as you post some picture here, we will move it over to the correct Album. Please make sure in the description somewhere you put the Rally name, so we know which one it is for as there a number of rallies going on at the same time.

Martini Glass The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything that they have!
41 Posts
(Offline)
April 8, 2013 - 10:11 pm
Print

I'm confused on the the pictures upload. I followed instructions from Fire Captain Jim in post #427 but it only seemed to have uploaded half of the pics and i don't think they uploaded where they were suppose to. If i followed CampingPhil's instructions in post #433, it'll only let me upload one at a time. I'd be here all night lol.

95 Posts
(Offline)
April 8, 2013 - 11:23 pm
Print

Hi Mc7. I was really confused with this too, but I think I might have figured it out. Follow the link Fire Captain Jim posted earlier: https://canvascampers.com/inde.....lbum;in=26

Under Sub Albums, click on Upload Rally Photos. Once you do this, you should see an option towards the middle of the page that says "Mass Upload". This allowed me to upload all of my pics (only about 20) at once and add descriptions.

Hope this helps. Can't wait to see all of the great photos!! :dance:

41 Posts
(Offline)
April 9, 2013 - 5:46 am
Print

Thanks. I got up this morning and looked, seems all 42 are there. So guess I got it right 🙂

Sent from my SCH-S950C using Tapatalk 2

Eastern Pennsylvania
3876 Posts
(Offline)
April 9, 2013 - 12:53 pm
Print

All the photos that have been uploaded are in the rally album.

Here is the playlist:
https://canvascampers.com/inde.....ists;in=14

Here is the photo gallery:
https://canvascampers.com/inde.....bum;in=255

394 Posts
(Offline)
April 9, 2013 - 4:57 pm
Print

They look great! Thanks Joe Camper! Fw Arcadia still has some to down load! Jeanie, we come by several times to take your pictue but no one was there.  🙁

175 Posts
(Offline)
April 9, 2013 - 7:32 pm
Print
175 Posts
(Offline)
April 9, 2013 - 7:33 pm
Print

Uh Oh.... Back to picture posting class

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper