Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Southeast Spring Rally! Apr 5-7
336 Posts
(Offline)
April 5, 2013 - 1:45 pm
Print

[quote author=MtnKube link=topic=2030.msg22526#msg22526 date=1365172018]
are you guys getting the rally kicked off right?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

You tell us.  🙂

264 Posts
(Offline)
April 5, 2013 - 5:01 pm
Print

Surprise Jimmy! The Brick is here. That just happened! Lol

117 Posts
(Offline)
April 5, 2013 - 5:02 pm
Print

I'm leaving work now. 

:jig:

Hopefully we can get there before sunset!

133 Posts
(Offline)
April 5, 2013 - 6:00 pm
Print

Sunny and warm here at Lake Lanier, good spot on the water.

1263 Posts
(Offline)
April 5, 2013 - 6:06 pm
Print

[quote author=surgipat link=topic=2030.msg22529#msg22529 date=1365178044]
The sun just came out here in Tuscaloosa. Hope it's out at the Rally, too. I know you guys are having a great time. Wish we were there.

Windy but so much warmer.  How is Earl?  We miss you also. Wish you could be here.

600 Posts
(Offline)
April 5, 2013 - 6:54 pm
Print

Be safe, have fun, and enjoy the weekend !

272 Posts
(Offline)
April 5, 2013 - 8:31 pm
Print

Wish we could be there but we moved to VA 2 weeks ago  :'(  Have fun!!!

My goal in life is to be the person my dog thinks I am.

485 Posts
(Offline)
April 5, 2013 - 8:54 pm
Print

Ralley is going great. Movie night is a hit! I think DW is enjoying ot more than anybody! 🙂

1263 Posts
(Offline)
April 5, 2013 - 10:21 pm
Print

Starry skies, starry eyes. Thanks to Camp Dad for the show. The kids will sleep well tonight as will the adults. Night all!

336 Posts
(Offline)
April 5, 2013 - 10:27 pm
Print

Aubrey didn't make it through the entire movie and was brought back to us by Camp Dad.
Brooke called back (we are in neighboring sites) and really enjoyed the movie.
Thanks Camp Dad. Good idea.

264 Posts
(Offline)
April 6, 2013 - 9:33 pm
Print

We may only see each other once or twice a year, but you guys are my camping family and I already can't wait till the fall rally. It has been a blast! Thanks for everything Judy, Jim and you to Joe. It's nice to be party of a forum that supports it's southern family.

Eastern Pennsylvania
3876 Posts
(Offline)
April 6, 2013 - 10:53 pm
Print

wish i was joining you, throw a log on the fire for all of us that can't be there.

32 Posts
(Offline)
April 7, 2013 - 3:06 pm
Print

What an awesome weekend!  Thanks to all the organizers who put so much effort into making this rally so special.
Theses rallies will make so many happy memories for us and the kid's.

The kid's table for the pot luck keeps growing every rally and CampDad's site was like a movie theater with all the kids!
Thank you!

We are already home and re-packing. The camper it staying hitched up over night and then it's off to the beach for a week of camping. ;D

175 Posts
(Offline)
April 7, 2013 - 5:55 pm
Print

I have to say "Ditto", what an awesome weekend.  Everything was so well planned and organized.  Becky and I were just talking about what a wonderful group of people we met.  The DGD's couldn't quit talking about how much fun they had.  It was just one of those time when you make friends that you know are going to last a lifetime.
Thank you so much for those that organized it and helped.
We are off to FDR in South Georgia on Thursday for another 4 days of camping fun, but I don't see how it could get any better.  We can hardly wait for the fall Rally!

MrsJarhead71
April 7, 2013 - 6:44 pm
Print

What a great group of people and so much fun!  We all had a wonderful time and can't quit talking about it!  Thanks to those who organized it and to those who organized the children's activities!  Can't wait for fall!

1263 Posts
(Offline)
April 7, 2013 - 9:14 pm
Print

We had the best time, too. Not only was it nice to see our camping family (as MtnKube said - what a last minute surprise ;D ) but to welcome in new folks as part of the group!

JoeCamper, we cannot thank you enough for all the support and interest in our Southeastern Rally, our first off of CanvasCampers. To say we were overwhelmed with your graciousness is only exceeded by those in attendance.

Thanks, everyone for the great food, involvement, volunteers, and the door prize donations!

Since a few of you are repacking and moving out again, I'm repacking to a larger suitcase because I forgot I will need to "store" a coat, scarf, and gloves for London. Hopefully, when I return, I will not need to use that coat until winter! ::)

235 Posts
(Offline)
April 7, 2013 - 9:26 pm
Print

We made it home... but I sure didn't want to leave.  We had a fantastic time at the rally. To Judy and Jim, thank you for all you do to get this organized!  It was a wonderful weekend. I think the kids had a wonderful time, Destiny really enjoyed the movies but she was so tuckered out on Saturday night she just couldn't hang with the rest of the them. I really enjoyed our Sunday morning service, good word and beautiful music.  We may only see each other once or twice a year, but it feels like we've known each other for a long while. It was so great to get to meet new friends, (our family grows). And to Joecamper.... thank you for recognizing this rally group and for the cool donations you made! (I'm loving my canvascamper decal!).

1263 Posts
(Offline)
April 7, 2013 - 9:56 pm
Print

Thank you, missnanc, for organizing and providing for the fire starters Kids' Craft and the Pinata Smash. The kids weren't that sugared up since they were having a blast running it off!

Also thank you to FWArcadia for organizing the Kids' Scavenger Hunt and providing all fun prizes that the kids loved! The leftovers for the kids' door prize drawing was very exciting for them!

A special thanks to Camp Dad for hosting a delicious Friday Breakfast with his (and Jim's) D.O. Mountain Man breakfasts. Great idea that could lead us to the DOGs!  😀 Keeping the kids entertained for a couple of nights with the movie was great! I know the parents loved it so they could choose between the movie with the smaller ones and mingling with the adults knowing their children were safe and having fun.

Thanks to everyone for making this so much fun.

485 Posts
(Offline)
April 7, 2013 - 9:58 pm
Print

We are also home and unpacked! We have a great time as usual. Thank you to everybody that made this happen. Jimmy and Judy, you guys done an awesome job! Movie night was a bigger hit than we expected! Next time I will remember the external speakers for the computer so everybody wont have to strain their ears to hear. Potluck dinner was great, thanks to all the cooks!!!! We are already looking forward to the Fall rally! Joe Camper - thanks for being interested in our rally and for the decals!!!!

95 Posts
(Offline)
April 7, 2013 - 10:30 pm
Print

We're home & unpacked and I'm starting to feel really jealous of those of you going camping again so soon! I think mariettamodern has the right idea. The beach sounds much more inviting than my pending work week!!  ;D

As so many of you have mentioned, we too had a wonderful time. You guys really have become like family and we're looking so forward to the fall rally. I know DD is too! She had so much fun and I love knowing that she's growing up with great camping memories.

A big thank you to everyone who helped and attended! Can't wait to see you all again!

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2