Forum Login
Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
2014 Southeast Fall Group Rally
485 Posts
(Offline)
March 12, 2014 - 2:07 pm
Print

I cannot believe Boom Jammer didn't get the site next to us again! Maybe two days of the Camp Dad clan was to much for them. Good luck Andy, your next! ;D

114 Posts
(Offline)
March 12, 2014 - 2:53 pm
Print

Hello to everyone!!!  I really miss seeing y'all!!!  Unfortunately I will not be able to make the fall rally.  I will be on the High Seas with a bunch of friends.  I know everyone will have fun and the food will be awesome!!!

1263 Posts
(Offline)
March 12, 2014 - 4:15 pm
Print

[quote author=mwownbey link=topic=2904.msg28050#msg28050 date=1394650415]
Hello to everyone!!!  I really miss seeing y'all!!!  Unfortunately I will not be able to make the fall rally.  I will be on the High Seas with a bunch of friends.  I know everyone will have fun and the food will be awesome!!!

Sounds like a great adventure, but we will miss you. Bon voyage and hope you are going to practice on those wonderful DO treats for the next time.

235 Posts
(Offline)
March 12, 2014 - 10:44 pm
Print

Melinda!!! That's two rallies you're missing...well looks like we'll have to plan a third one..........

117 Posts
(Offline)
March 14, 2014 - 4:39 pm
Print

[quote author=mariettamodern link=topic=2904.msg28036#msg28036 date=1394586407]
We booked site 122!  We are on the main loop.

Wow!  Mixing things up this time!  🙂

Actually, it looks like the loop might be "Dog Central" this time.  We acquired a Labradoodle, Silas, last fall and hope he'll be a good camping dog to bring with us.  Between Silas and the dogs from the MariettaModern and CampDad households, maybe Judy can get some quality dog time.

CampDad, I was hoping you would slide into spot 124 next to us.  We would love to camp next to you anytime or anywhere.  We just need to coordinate the logistics.  🙂

1263 Posts
(Offline)
March 25, 2014 - 3:31 pm
Print

Whoa! What happened? I went to answer Jeanie's message about asking her DH about McKinney and bringing tableware that she wants to "get rid of." It disappeared when I went to modify my message to her. I guess being a moderator means I have something like a loaded gun and it went off.  Sorry, Jeanie.

Here's what I was writing to you:
Bring it on, Jeanie! We can use what you have as well as your nice company. Looking forward to seeing you and all our camping friends, new and old, at McKinney Sept. 5-7. (We'll be there the 6th.) You can reserve your spot now.

1263 Posts
(Offline)
April 9, 2014 - 10:15 am
Print

It's 5 months to the Southeast Fall Rally and we already have 8 families registered. Hoping to see more reservations popping up along with all the spring flowers.

15 Posts
(Offline)
April 13, 2014 - 9:29 am
Print

Hello. I would like to join the group in September.  I could make reservations in a day or two. It would be me and 4 kiddos, maybe hubby if he can get off work.  🙂

264 Posts
(Offline)
April 13, 2014 - 9:52 am
Print

Jump on in Blessing the water I it's fine. The more the merrier.

Life is short so camp hard.

71 Posts
(Offline)
April 13, 2014 - 5:28 pm
Print

Judy,

Shaping up nicely.  We're looking forward to it.

Jerry & Deb will be next to us in 129.  Don't know who Ben is.

Joel

1263 Posts
(Offline)
April 13, 2014 - 11:14 pm
Print

[quote author=blessingsintn link=topic=2904.msg28576#msg28576 date=1397395748]
Hello. I would like to join the group in September.  I could make reservations in a day or two. It would be me and 4 kiddos, maybe hubby if he can get off work.  🙂

Very cool. 8) We always look forward to making new friends. You can PM me with your first names and the ages/gender of your kids (for purposes of planning games and children's activities). Let us know if you need specific directions to McKinney Campground.

1263 Posts
(Offline)
April 20, 2014 - 11:50 pm
Print

In case it has been awhile that you have checked out the front page, you might want to take a look. We have added a couple more reservations.

Hope you all had a wonderful Passover and Easter with family and friends. The weather here in Georgia today was gorgeous. Made me want to hitch up and get out to the woods! How about you?

1263 Posts
(Offline)
May 1, 2014 - 9:34 pm
Print

Not that anyone is counting, but - give or take a day - it's only 128 days until the Southeast Fall Group Rally. The sites are half gone. If you want to book early, now is your chance. :cheerleader:

235 Posts
(Offline)
May 11, 2014 - 12:03 am
Print

Just checking Recreation.gov and I see there are still 2 sites (127 & 128) available on the party loop!  Who's gonna grab those spots before they get gone?

1263 Posts
(Offline)
May 11, 2014 - 9:17 pm
Print

I checked as well, Nancy. Besides #127 (has a deck overlooking the lake) & #128 (easy pull-through site close to the bath house) are still open. Others close to "Rally Central" are #134-137. They have a short walk to the BH and are a bit more private, just over the rise from the "party loop."

I'm excited about going to a rally this week (King's Mountain SP in SC) and getting into the camping routine again. It seems like so long that we've been unable to go camping since our daughter had her lung operation and having the 2-yr. old (today!) twins staying with us. Those little boys can keep us busy! Thankfully, they all went home today and we enjoyed their stay but are glad to get back to normal. No waking up at 2 AM - I hope!  🙂

Hope the rest of the gang will book soon because we miss seeing everyone. Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there.

1263 Posts
(Offline)
May 19, 2014 - 3:32 pm
Print

In case any of our DO blackpots are interested in sharing, comparing, and cooking up some DO treats, we met some great DOers at the King's Mountain Rally we attended this past weekend. There was also a member of the Southeast Camper DOG present. He and all the others were invited to attend our Southeast McKinney Fall Rally and we are hoping to renew friendships with our camper friends across the border on the GA side in September. 😉

I know we talked about a GA/AL DOG formation at one of our rallies, so thought this was interesting. In case you would like more info on the SE Camper DOG, the contact is Dan Millan. He's new to their group but said they would be happy to be a resource.
http://www.secamper.com/  https://www.facebook.com/SoutheastCamper       

We've got some sites left for our rally, so take a look at your calendars and reserve now if you can.                   

22 Posts
(Offline)
May 20, 2014 - 8:14 pm
Print

we are booked!!! site #128... is it september yet?  8)

1263 Posts
(Offline)
May 20, 2014 - 8:18 pm
Print

Whoo-hoo! Idog, I was just checking the reservation map and saw #128 was gone! It was you. Welcome to the Southeast Fall Group Rally.

22 Posts
(Offline)
May 20, 2014 - 8:23 pm
Print

[quote author=GA Judy link=topic=2904.msg28895#msg28895 date=1400631497]
Whoo-hoo! Idog, I was just checking the reservation map and saw #128 was gone! It was you. Welcome to the Southeast Fall Group Rally.

yup yup...just little old me.. looking forward to it and not being a rally virgin no longer!  🙂

1263 Posts
(Offline)
June 6, 2014 - 2:28 pm
Print

Michelle let me know today that they have booked. Just waiting to hear from Chris (outofideas) which site they are on. (Looks like #118.)

When you do reserve a spot, please PM me with your names and names/ages of the kids (names will not be on this page but on the handout sheet at the rally), what days you will be arriving and leaving, and any other information you can think of to update the front page. We'll start in the late summer with the potluck sign ups, so check out the recipes on this forum or make your favorite. We've got great cooks and it's always plentiful and delicious.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3700

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2689
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2