Forum Login
Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
2014 Southeast Fall Group Rally
394 Posts
(Offline)
September 7, 2014 - 8:12 pm
Print

We just wanted to say, we had a great time! It was great to be missed by my camping family. It was hot, but we made more memories and more friends! When we got home, I drilled 2 holes into the drain pan on the roof a/c with a 3/8" drill bit. I would love to see that get stopped up now! Thank goodness I had a sewer clean out connection at home. It looked like at least a 30 minute wait at the dump station.
I wonder if the chair belonged to Chris or Michele?
Thanks again everyone and I hope everyone had safe travels going home! Fire Captain Jim  :goodstuff:

15 Posts
(Offline)
September 7, 2014 - 8:52 pm
Print

We rolled in about 5pm central time.  We stopped in Manchester for Captain D's and passed a Russel Stovers Candy store and couldn't resist running in there too.  We were really blessed by meeting you all.  We had such a good time!  Thank you for all the work going into this and for being so open and friendly.  Looking forward to the next one!

1263 Posts
(Offline)
September 7, 2014 - 9:05 pm
Print

We were happy to welcome you and your terrific kids! Glad you are looking forward to the next. Thank you as well, Shannon, for working with Nancy on the kids' activities and crafts. All ages had a great time -- and no rain until we got home and had everything put away!

Y'all come back!

235 Posts
(Offline)
September 7, 2014 - 10:27 pm
Print

We made it home and did not run into the first bit of rain.  Did hear some thunder but none of the wet stuff. 

It was a great rally! I think for the choice of weather I would just go with the hot and humid, I think the rain would have put a bit of a damper on our activities. I'm still trying to figure out why Larry got a crown for the corn-hole tournament.

It was so great to see our camping family and welcome newbies into the family as well. 

Shannon, thank you so much for your help with the kids activities, I think they worked out well and the kids enjoyed making the halloween ghouls and the coozies.  BTW, Shannon didn't you have blue chairs, could that be one of yours that Judy has? 

Judy and Jimmy thank you both for being such great leaders and organizers! All of your hard work and planning makes for such a fantastic time for all of us.

Our service this morning as always, is so special, Thank you Jimmy for your encouraging words.  The music that Darryl and Jason present to us is second to none, absolutely beautiful.  Thank you all and God bless!

I saw Darryl on our way out and he found his keys, seems they had them at the front gate if I understood correctly.

Remember ya'll, its not too early to make plans for our next gathering!  Judy has already started a thread for it, so post your ideas, suggestions and thoughts!

68 Posts
(Offline)
September 7, 2014 - 10:33 pm
Print

We had a great time! I think we have our chairs or someone else's? It was dark.... Both of ours were from gander mtn. Finally got out around 11am. Michelle was out about 8am as she had to be at her Sunday school class early.
Got everything unpacked and in the garage, headed out for,lunch and got caught in the monsoon. Glad the rain held for the rally.

95 Posts
(Offline)
September 8, 2014 - 12:53 pm
Print

Well, being back at work this morning sure is a bummer!  :-[ Would have loved a few more days camping... and I know McKenzie would have as well. All morning she's been asking when we can go again and if her "new friends" will be there!

I just can't say enough what a great group we have! It always just feels like a big ol' family reunion at the Rally.

Looking forward to the planning of the Spring rally and we're going to try our best to make it; with our newest camping member in tow. ;D The call to the Dark Side has hit us strong, so if we can get something before then, I don't see why we couldn't come.

Glad everyone had safe travels home... now let's get to planning Spring!!  😀

485 Posts
(Offline)
September 8, 2014 - 7:35 pm
Print

We hate we missed it. Sounds like everyone had a great time.

1263 Posts
(Offline)
September 8, 2014 - 8:54 pm
Print

We missed you guys and micksc as well. Jeanie and Howard are recuperating from bad colds and we hope they can join us as well as those who were unable to come this time or who might be thinking about next time.

Look for the topic started on the Proposed Southeastern 2015 Spring Rally and chime in.

175 Posts
(Offline)
September 9, 2014 - 9:01 pm
Print

We did have an awesome time.  It was great to see old friends and make some new ones.  The kids all had a great time playing and fishing.  Good thing we monitored the keepsakes that were headed home.  The oldest DGD had something suspicious wrapped up in leaves.  It was a dead fish that they found and they were going to put it on someone's doorstep when they got home.  Back in the lake it went.
I did find the missing camper keys.  The clerk at the Glade Rd gas station had them.  Must have pulled them out with the truck keys when I went for ice and some kind soul turned them in.  Bigger key ring coming.
Thanks again to Jimmy and Judy for some fine moderatin' and thanks to all for the fine cookin'.
I won't talk about the cornhole tournament because that would be boasting.  Who's your daddy Al?  ;D
Looking forward to the Spring Rally.  Hopefully a little closer to MissNanc and Larry.

1263 Posts
(Offline)
September 10, 2014 - 11:19 am
Print

We were happy to hear you found your keys, Darrell, as well as the dead fish. ;D ;D  Imagine is you lived further away.  😀 Al still hasn't found my car keys and bought a new chipped/coded key yesterday at Home Deposit. He's supposed to be ordering me a new remote opener, too, but I'm in no hurry because I took his.  😉

I think I'm rested up from week and return of a busy two days. Today is my "rest" day and doing laundry, church stewardship stuff, and then later off to another meeting and choir rehearsal. When I get a chance, I'm going to be looking at some ideas to submit for spring rally CGs if I can and add them to the few we've gotten so far. I'll bump up that topic in a minute!

Gosh, I'm still thinking of that dead fish! ::)

95 Posts
(Offline)
September 12, 2014 - 10:58 am
Print

Darrell, the fish story cracks me up! ;D I'm guessing that's one that will get told a few times!!

1263 Posts
(Offline)
September 12, 2014 - 5:50 pm
Print

You've heard of Fractured Fairy Tales. If it were a broken tail rather than a head....Fractured Fish Tales!  Ewwehh

394 Posts
(Offline)
September 13, 2014 - 7:38 pm
Print

Sounds like a stinky fish story Darrell! Glad you found your keys and the fish! Yes, you and Larry are the Men! Congrats! We tried to change things up and you both won as champs! Forgive me Becky, I know your Darrell's winning partner.  I guess Al needs a little more time to "Heal up". 😉 Great weekend Folks! Great Job on the Music there Lakeside Picking Guys! I am already missing everyone! ;D

1 ... 56789
Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3700

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2689
Moderators: 0