August 27, 2014 - 10:36 pm
Print

Food?  I like food.

68 Posts
(Offline)
August 27, 2014 - 11:29 pm
Print

Yeah.... Lots of good food!
Still have to decide what we are bringing.

394 Posts
(Offline)
August 28, 2014 - 4:06 am
Print

To bad we can't make Joe Camper a big Ole Southern Sample Plate  to send him. He would be at the next rally for sure!  :chef:

394 Posts
(Offline)
August 28, 2014 - 7:34 am
Print

I would love to see Joe Camper come by and visit with us and even get in the corn hole tournament to compete with Darrel and Al. I know we don't have big Bon fires like they have at the rallies up north. But it is nice to have on a cool evening. Plus it does help keep the bugs away. Plus, if we built such a large fire, they would call the local fire department in thinking a camper was on fire. :lmao:

13 Posts
(Offline)
August 28, 2014 - 12:49 pm
Print

Haven't read all the thread yet, but be of the things I look forward to is seeing you, FireCaptainJim!  I haven't figured out yet what we are bringing.

Anyway, can't wait!

13 Posts
(Offline)
August 28, 2014 - 12:50 pm
Print

Also, I can't type.  But *one* of the things . . .

1263 Posts
(Offline)
August 28, 2014 - 1:29 pm
Print

[quote author=Fire Captain Jim link=topic=2904.msg30076#msg30076 date=1409225661]...Plus, if we built such a large fire, they would call the local fire department in thinking a camper was on fire. :lmao:

That is why we like having Fire Captain Jim around.  🙂

We will be there in a week!

394 Posts
(Offline)
August 28, 2014 - 6:24 pm
Print

Awwwww, Jeanie and the rest of you all are so sweet! Yes Judy, it is in my blood to control large fires..... :thumbup:
I have been asking Camper Joe for a Fire Fighter Smiley Icon!  😀
Yes, only a week away, let the preparations begin! Start praying for beautiful weather!

1263 Posts
(Offline)
August 29, 2014 - 9:49 am
Print

I just thought I'd mention that the sign on the Sweepstakes page is owned by IDog68, one of our campers for the Southeast Rally. Lester and Kathleen will tell you all about it when you introduce yourselves.

Also, I just added more food info to the front page from Jarhead71. There seems to be a question of how we spell his name: Darrell, Darrel, Daryl. How do you think it should be spelled? Becky is not eligible to vote. 😉 Then we'll let him know what the majority thinks it should be. 😮

Get your potluck info to me ASAP. We're only a week away!! :jig:

175 Posts
(Offline)
August 29, 2014 - 10:34 pm
Print

And winner gets to sing a solo with me playing the guitar at Sunday morning devotion.  Now let's get those entries in!! :guitar:

235 Posts
(Offline)
August 30, 2014 - 9:14 am
Print

Now that FiremanJim will be there, I might just try to bake something in my stove  :chef:, I've never used it in the camper.

Larry spells Jarhead's name as....... o-l-d- m-a-r-i-n-e  ;D

Everyone.....Don't forget to bring in those location suggestions for our next rally! I would love to hear every ones thoughts on the matter.

1263 Posts
(Offline)
August 30, 2014 - 11:00 am
Print

Good weekend to start gathering our camping gear and food as we head out this coming Thursday!  Being only 1/2 hr. away makes packing crazy because I keep thinking we can load more to use at the rally. Remember, Al is bringing his Orion cooker for making that pork butt on Saturday. If anyone else wants to smoke their meats, see him for details. Think of it as a gigantic Dutch Oven -- or a rocket without the nose cone!

For those who are not as local, here's a heads up on the new Cabela's that just opened in Acworth last week. It's on Hwy. 92 over pass at I-75 on the right headed off the I-75 exit #277, and you can take the next road (Old Alabama Road) on the right leaving Cabela's parking lot. Old Alabama Rd. to the left winds its way to McKinney.

235 Posts
(Offline)
August 30, 2014 - 5:02 pm
Print

Cabelas!!!!!      :-X shhhhh....don't tell Larry.....................

1263 Posts
(Offline)
August 30, 2014 - 5:21 pm
Print

I fought off my summer cold (thanks to my DGSs) for about an hour to go out and get some special ingredients for the BBQ sauces we'll be bringing for the potluck smoked pork. We'll have Sweet Baby Ray's (because why reinvent the wheel?), Big Daddy's Carolina Gold, and Alabama White. I've only known one person who heard of the Alabama white when I've made these before for a church potluck.  Anyone like this kind? It's good; different, but good.

Back to resting and waiting for the dryer to finish so we don't show up buck nekked!

235 Posts
(Offline)
August 31, 2014 - 3:19 pm
Print

If I ignore the weather forecast, will the rain bypass us?

1263 Posts
(Offline)
August 31, 2014 - 3:30 pm
Print

Nancy, YES!  If I bring a tarp, EZUp, and my poncho, will it still rain?

394 Posts
(Offline)
August 31, 2014 - 5:17 pm
Print

Shhhhhhh...... :D... on the wet word at the rally-RAIN! Lets cross our fingers and let it happen between events or at night while we sleep!
I think Jarhead- Darrel or his other brother Darrell or his other brother Daryl would be the correct answer!
Jarhead, thanks for playing at the devotional for us, maybe Jason will join us also ::)
Yes, I do encourage all of us to enter the sweepstakes! You never know who might win! I promise you will not have to sing solo with Jarhead's music.
Less than a week away! Are you packing yet? Maybe we can get Camper Joe to do the anti-rain dance for night rain only? ;D
Better yet, come and join us Camper Joe! Nancy might use her oven for the first time and we could have a large bon-fire!  :lmao:
Just kidding Nancy. I don't wish that on you or Larry!
Should we pair Darrel and Al up with different partners to make it more challenging?

394 Posts
(Offline)
September 2, 2014 - 3:57 am
Print

I wonder? Should Darrel and Al maybe toss the corn hole bags on one foot to make things more challenging?  😮

71 Posts
(Offline)
September 2, 2014 - 11:58 am
Print

Well there's bad news and good news.

Jerry and Deb are on their way to Co to pick up her mother from the hospital and transport back to AK.

Jerry released site 129 this AM.

22 Posts
(Offline)
September 2, 2014 - 3:55 pm
Print

>:( >:( >:(
it is with great regret that i have to cancel our plans to join the rally this week-end. i've had our pup at peco campers for over two weeks now and the part that is needed has not come in from flagstaff yet. we were really looking forward to meeting everyone and having a great time. i'm sure that it will turn out to be another success, and i'm sure that we'll be meeting folks in the near future.

lester

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690
Moderators: 0