Forum Login
Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
2014 Southeast Fall Group Rally
1263 Posts
(Offline)
September 2, 2014 - 5:59 pm
Print

I know that including Al and I that all the Southeastern Rally group wishes good health to (Jerry and) Deb - Joel & Camille Myers' friends- for her mother to recuperate well. We are sorry Jerry and Deb won't be with us this rally but hope to see them again.

Really disappointed as well, Lester and Kathleen (IDog68), that you will not be making it either. You can always come over on Saturday and spend the day with us and enjoy the activities and potluck. Let's hope the part comes in soon to get your PUP repaired. Keep in touch with your camping plans and one or two or a few may camp with you before the next rally.

It's a possibility another couple may not be coming and we're keeping our fingers crossed for some good news and seeing them. It might be a last-minute cancellation, so make sure if you are thinking of coming or bringing friends that you call the McKinney office to see what is available. These cancellations may not show up on the online reservation system with http://www.recreation.gov.

Happy trails to those who can't make it, and safe travel to those who will be arriving soon.

13 Posts
(Offline)
September 2, 2014 - 6:04 pm
Print

Well, packing shouldn't be too much trouble for us as we're not really putting stuff away from camping over Labor Day!

However, Howard came home today with a bad case of laryngitis.  So I hope it doesn't get worse, or I catch it and we're both sick.  I'll keep y'all posted!

1263 Posts
(Offline)
September 2, 2014 - 6:29 pm
Print

Sending get well wishes for Howard and hope you don't catch it, Jeanie. Al and I are just getting over colds and can sympathize!

Hope to see you at the Rally. (Howard won't have to cheer for the cornholers! He can just watch and jump up and down when excited!) :crazydance:

235 Posts
(Offline)
September 2, 2014 - 6:49 pm
Print

Well I tell this is gonna be one awesome rally.  Yes, we've had cancellations, the threat of bad weather, illnesses running rampant but....we'll still have a good time.

I'm so sorry to hear that Jerry and Deb won't be joining us, got to meet them at Jellystone in April really nice folks. 

Idog68, sorry to hear your pup is still in the shop...but like Judy said come on over for food and fun on Saturday. We always have plenty of both!

15 Posts
(Offline)
September 2, 2014 - 8:20 pm
Print

Sorry to hear of those who can't make it. 🙁 

I finally found tires for my camper and should get them mounted tomorrow. How's that for last minute?!  I am bringing muffins for Friday's breakfast and a veggie tray and dessert for the potluck.

1263 Posts
(Offline)
September 2, 2014 - 8:55 pm
Print

Shannon, glad you got that done! We're looking forward to meeting you and your family. Thanks again for assisting with the kids' activities with Nancy.  Drive safely!

1263 Posts
(Offline)
September 3, 2014 - 3:39 pm
Print

Looks like all online site reservations are filled. If you are coming last minute, please call the campground office for up-to-date availability.

See many of you tomorrow - rain or shine. ;D  If I don't happen to catch up with you as you are setting up, make sure you come to Rally Central or our site (#126) for the handout sheet with names/locations of our group and schedule of planned activities. 

Let's Rally On, Everyone!  :cowboy: :chief: :ranger: :guitar: :chef: :baseballhat: :camperkid:

15 Posts
(Offline)
September 3, 2014 - 6:37 pm
Print

I really don't like the day before a camping trip. So not fun! Lol

1263 Posts
(Offline)
September 3, 2014 - 6:51 pm
Print

It's been really hectic here, Shannon!  My printer is not working right and I've got to get handout sheets done. I can only get half pages printed! 

Also, for the group, some news on site #138 - micksc.  Mickey and Betty won't be able to make this rally and send their regrets but wish us all a great time. We wish them well and hope to see them at the next Southeastern Rally!

1263 Posts
(Offline)
September 3, 2014 - 6:52 pm
Print

As I mentioned a couple of posts up, it is too late to check online for any available reservations, but if you might want to fill in Mickey's site (#138), you can call and see if you can grab it!

Looking forward to seeing everyone real soon -- like tomorrow!  :cheerleader:

13 Posts
(Offline)
September 3, 2014 - 7:01 pm
Print

Well, Howard is worse, and I'm not feeling so hot myself, so I have had to cancel the reservation.  Unfair.  Especially since we rarely get sick.  Well, at least you won't be exposed to our germies.  Don't forget about us.  Hopefully we'll see everyone next spring.

15 Posts
(Offline)
September 3, 2014 - 7:41 pm
Print

[quote author=GA Judy link=topic=2904.msg30165#msg30165 date=1409784665]
It's been really hectic here, Shannon!  My printer is not working right and I've got to get handout sheets done. I can only get half pages printed! 

Also, for the group, some new on site #138 - micksc.  Mickey and Betty won't be able to make this rally and send their regrets but wish us all a great time. We wish them well and hope to see them at the next Southeastern Rally!

I can print if its something you can email me.

15 Posts
(Offline)
September 3, 2014 - 8:06 pm
Print

I have a croquet set.  Would there be room for it?  Would that be something y'all would be interested in?  How about geocaching? I have multiple gps units that I can bring.

1263 Posts
(Offline)
September 3, 2014 - 8:31 pm
Print

Thanks, Shannon. I think the thunderstorms we are having interfered with the wireless signal on the printer. I got them all done and then wrote in the two cancellations. Hopefully, this will be the "worst" storm going through now for the rest of the week. I'm bringing a couple more games just in case of down time. I really want to get better on the Mexican Train.

Yes, if you have croquet, somewhere we can find people to play and maybe some relatively flat ground too. The loop street that we basically close off would be great for badminton also, but we don't have ours anymore. :'(

1263 Posts
(Offline)
September 3, 2014 - 8:34 pm
Print

Oh, Jeanie and Howard. How awful you've gotten worse (Howard) and came down with what Howard has, Jeanie. Get well wishes to you both with hopes that you will be able to make the next rally. We'll be thinking of you along with micksc (Mickey & Betty) and Camp Dad (Miles & Sherelia).  Happy Birthday wishes for Jace! We always have sung Happy Birthday to this sweet boy!

13 Posts
(Offline)
September 4, 2014 - 4:53 pm
Print

Yes, I did the right thing, cause today I was horrible, and you do not want to catch it!  It's probably something new his little students spread around at school this year.  I know y'all will have a great time, and hopefully I'll see you in the spring.

68 Posts
(Offline)
September 4, 2014 - 11:25 pm
Print

Campers packed. New battery so I don't have to crank again ( battery died July 4th weekend and it is not fun to manually crank a power roof!) Coming straight from work in Kennesaw to CG so hopefully be there about 7 pm.

117 Posts
(Offline)
September 5, 2014 - 12:16 pm
Print

Brake controller, rear view camera, and bicycle roof rack are installed on our new-to-us TV.  I think I've found a hitch option that will get us to McKinney and back.  One more work meeting this afternoon, then I can head home, pack, hitch the camper, load the bikes, and hit the road.  As always, our goal is to get there before dark.  We'll see how we do this time!  😮

Also, our friends in the neighborhood decided this morning to join the rally for the weekend.  Bruce and Amy and two DDs (2 and 10) will be on site 144 (nearest lakefront site to the main rally loop that they could get this morning).  They have a truck-bed camper, so they should be pretty easy to identify.  I'm not sure they know what they're getting involved with, but I'm confident they'll fit in and enjoy the camping time.  I think they even have two awnings, so they are "legit" with the CanvasCampers theme.  😀

95 Posts
(Offline)
September 5, 2014 - 3:56 pm
Print

Excellent!! The more, the merrier! Safe travels to everyone coming in today [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1263 Posts
(Offline)
September 7, 2014 - 6:59 pm
Print

We're home, exhausted but very happy! Thanks again to everyone for making this rally terrific. From the feedback we got, everyone had a great time despite the heat and awful humidity. At least the outdoors had a breeze; but, seriously, the bathrooms really need better ventilation. It was like participating in Bickram yoga classes in the shower/bath rooms!

Al and I were almost the last to leave (BoomJammer was just after us), and site #122 was being occupied. The newcomer shouted out that there was a blue folding chair left across from the canopies at Rally Central. So if you are the one missing a blue folding chair, you need to come to the Southeastern 2015 Spring Rally to claim it. Otherwise, hey! We've got our first door prize!

The "lost" chair at least is visible. Jarhead71 and GA Judy's DH are still missing their camper and car keys, respectively. (Actually the car keys are mine!) If the keys are found, they will not be door prizes.  ;D ;D

So good seeing everyone again but we missed some of our "regulars" and hope we will all gather.... where .... in the spring! Look for a new discussion topic -- Proposed Southeastern 2015 Spring Rally -- so we can all give feedback on where, when, and pros/cons.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2