Forum Login
Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Southeast Yogi Bear Spring Rally, GA
235 Posts
(Offline)
February 10, 2014 - 11:20 pm
Print

Well Joel, I'm wondering the same thing. ???  Been away from the computer for a while, doesn't look like much has changed.  We've got our reservations and still plan on attending.  It might still be early for some folks to make plans, guess we'll see.

1263 Posts
(Offline)
February 11, 2014 - 11:50 am
Print

This is a great group of camper friends and we need to rally again! Al and I are sorry we annot make this rally date due to church commitment that I cannot miss. Bad timing. I hope everyone will try to make th Yogi Bear Spring Rally as fun as our rallies have always been.

With the bad weather coming in, I'm glad we are campers and all know what to do when the power goes out! Be safe and warm out there, my friends. :camperkid:

175 Posts
(Offline)
February 11, 2014 - 7:17 pm
Print

Hi all.  I have been off the grid for a while.  It looked like we had a lot of interest in he beginning, but we are not getting a lot of campers at this point.  Amanda is checking into some other possibilities near Gainesville but Becky and I are still planning on attending this one.  We have already promised the grandkids.  They are so excited to go back here that they talk about it every time we see them.  I think that we also have some Spring Break weeks that are conflicting.
Looking forward to seeing those that attend and hopefully lots more!

235 Posts
(Offline)
February 18, 2014 - 9:19 pm
Print

Guess I should have read this earlier.  Darrell glad to know that ya'll will be going.  The girls will have a great time!  Destiny is looking forward to it, too.  They have lots of bunnies in the park.

71 Posts
(Offline)
February 19, 2014 - 7:02 am
Print

Looking forward to watching the DGDs & DGD while telling war stories.

Joel

235 Posts
(Offline)
February 19, 2014 - 9:10 pm
Print

Oh my, I didn't realize there will be the three old soldiers there.  We girls better carry some high boots and a shovel!

71 Posts
(Offline)
February 20, 2014 - 7:47 am
Print

So... three of us.

I'll do sausage & pancakes Friday AM

Hamburgers Saturday Night

Joel

1263 Posts
(Offline)
February 20, 2014 - 11:18 am
Print

Sounds great, Joel. Wish we could join everyone. We're old enough. 8)

175 Posts
(Offline)
February 21, 2014 - 8:32 pm
Print

If we have anyone else interested, COME ON!  We will do Dutch Oven Lasagna Friday night for everyone and some kind of Dutch Oven desert to go with the hamburgers Saturday. I think we are going to have a great time.

235 Posts
(Offline)
March 11, 2014 - 10:30 pm
Print

The rally date is getting a bit closer now.  Who's marked their calendar for some early spring camping?!!  Let's get this camping season started, :clappingani: who's ready to camp!??

71 Posts
(Offline)
March 15, 2014 - 3:42 pm
Print

My college buddy Jerry & his wife Deb are coming.

Joel

68 Posts
(Offline)
March 16, 2014 - 12:47 am
Print

We're probably going to miss this one. I started a new job job so I can't come Friday. Michelle will be in Florida for her sisters baby shower and I have something already planned on Sunday. Hope to make the next one. Haven't been camping since Christmas and need to get out real soon!

71 Posts
(Offline)
March 16, 2014 - 5:00 am
Print

I told Jerry about Miss Nancy's suggestion on high shoes and shovels. 

Jerry says:Tell Miss Nancy that from our earlier days together, I just assumed hip boots and shovels were standard equipment. 🙂

Jerry and Deb are doing red beans and rice with kielbasa sausage for Thursday night.  I assume everybody will be there Thursday night and likes red beans and rice with kielbasa sausage.

Joel

175 Posts
(Offline)
March 16, 2014 - 12:15 pm
Print

That's great news Joel.  We are looking forward to meeting your friends.  We are up to 4 families now with about 3 weeks to go.  Still have plenty of spots left and anyone with kids will definitely enjoy this one.  With all of the activities that the park does with the kids, we will be assured of plenty of adult time.  I am bringing the corn-hole boards.  Looking forward to seeing everyone.  BTW ladies, I think this just pushed us over the shovel rating.  You may need a backhoe now.   

1263 Posts
(Offline)
March 16, 2014 - 2:27 pm
Print

[quote author=Outofideas link=topic=2737.msg28115#msg28115 date=1394945233]
... I started a new job job so I can't come Friday. Michelle will be in Florida for her sisters baby shower and I have something already planned on Sunday. Hope to make the next one....

Congratulations, Chris, on your new job and on Michelle's soon-to-be niece or nephew. Bummer you can't get to the Yogi Rally, but I hope you can sign up for the Southeast 2014 Fall Rally. Same time (weekend after Labor Day), same place (McKinney).

Looks like a great time will be had with Yogi and Boo-Boo and all our friends. We're sorry to miss it too.

235 Posts
(Offline)
March 16, 2014 - 8:25 pm
Print

Chris that's great about a new job..means new adventures too.

So looking forward to the weekend.  Still haven't decided what to cook. Guess it's time to sit down and plan my menu. (working on that back hoe.......)

68 Posts
(Offline)
March 18, 2014 - 7:33 pm
Print

Thanks. We'll try for fall. New job is in Kennesaw so I don't have the 90 mile 3.5 hr commute everyday. 

1263 Posts
(Offline)
March 18, 2014 - 8:13 pm
Print

[quote author=Outofideas link=topic=2737.msg28163#msg28163 date=1395185590]
Thanks. We'll try for fall. New job is in Kennesaw so I don't have the 90 mile 3.5 hr commute everyday.

That's fantastic, Chris. Twenty to thirty minutes will fly by, except Fridays, which are awful with rush hour. Still the same brand? Keep an eye out for me, please, for a great condition Avalanche if you get one in.

117 Posts
(Offline)
March 19, 2014 - 10:59 am
Print

Chris,
It's great to hear the successful results of your commute reduction initiative!  8)

175 Posts
(Offline)
March 22, 2014 - 12:42 am
Print

I updated the roster and put in the meals.  With only 4 families we shouldn't have to cook very much.  Kind of like a big family with older mean little boys.  Joel, I put your friends in spot 99 but that is just on the roster.  MissNanc, tell Larry he needs to get his apron out and decide what he is cooking.  I heard you guys in the Army had chefs. (Yes, it's starting already) We are getting close folks.  Less than 2 weeks away.  I am definitely ready for some camping!!

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2