Forum Login
Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Southeast Yogi Bear Spring Rally, GA
235 Posts
(Offline)
March 22, 2014 - 11:31 pm
Print

So Darryl, What meals are we planning together? Friday Morning breakfast and Saturday evening potluck? Can't wait, really looking forward to camping again!

175 Posts
(Offline)
March 23, 2014 - 11:09 am
Print

Since Joel and his friends are covering the main courses for 2 evenings, I covered the other one.  With only 4 families we can play it by ear on side dishes and deserts, or the girls can talk Thursday when everyone is there and set the details.  Everyone can bring their own plates, condiments, and silverware, and take care of their own drinks.  There is a Walmart pretty close if we need to get anything.
I am the only Moderator on this one and although I can probably re-wire your PUP if necessary, planning ingredients for grilled cheese is above my abilities.

1263 Posts
(Offline)
April 2, 2014 - 10:56 pm
Print

The countdown is on and the weekend looks wonderful for the rally. We're still going to be missing everyone and hope y'all can make it to the fall rally at McKinney.

You know it just was not meant for us to be there this weekend. Besides having to meet eder obligations at church, our daughter is in the hospital and will have surgery tomorrow to remove part of her lung and a benign (we hope) tumor that has been the cause of mysterious diagnoses from two different hospital ERs over the last three weeks. Her twin sons have been here since Sunday when we were supposed to babysit only a couple of hours. Alexis had a week out of three where she stopped coughing up blood. When it happened again, I finally called Al's brother (a cardio-vascular thoracic surgeon in FL) to let the family know the scoop, and he went a little crazy when he heard no bronchyoscopy was done after either ER visits and said to tell the ER doctors to see to it. They did. The thoracic team went in today and removed a blood clot which was hding the tumor. The removal of the tumor and 30% of her lung will be tomorrow. She will probably be discharged on the weekend and come to our house to recuperate. Her twins are (still) here with us and their dad just came to visit tonight. He will be away on business next week and we'll have a full house for a while.

235 Posts
(Offline)
April 2, 2014 - 11:03 pm
Print

Judy, I'm gonna miss seeing you this weekend but you are definitely needed there.  I'll keep you all in my prayers and extra prayers for your daughter. Thank heavens for Al's brother!

10 Posts
(Offline)
April 3, 2014 - 10:22 am
Print

Judy, I am sorry to hear about your daughter.  Glad you had someone to call as a backup and get some input!  Prayers to your daughter that all is going to be ok.

1263 Posts
(Offline)
April 3, 2014 - 4:05 pm
Print

Thanks for the comforting words, Nancy & Larry and Alabamacamper (Joe & Brenda). She is in surgery and is having 2/3 of her right lung removed and they are determining if there are any cancer cells. Hard waiting, but praying.

485 Posts
(Offline)
April 3, 2014 - 7:48 pm
Print

WOW, what news! I pray everything goes well for your daughter.

17 Posts
(Offline)
April 4, 2014 - 7:00 pm
Print

Judy, very sorry about your daughter's plight. Your family will be in Betty's and my thoughts and prayers.
                                            Mick

1263 Posts
(Offline)
April 4, 2014 - 10:20 pm
Print

Thanks, all. She is doing well considering 2/3rds of her right lung is gone, but so is "Herbie", the slow-growing tumor. She may be released this weekend. Guess it's good we did not go to Jellystone even if I could have.

Hope all of you there are having a great time. Watch your picnic baskets! Boo-boo may be on the prowl.  😀

235 Posts
(Offline)
April 6, 2014 - 6:26 pm
Print

Judy, I'm glad to hear "Herbie" is gone. We'll continue to pray for a smooth recovery for your daughter.  Enjoy those "little campers" there and train them well.
It's funny you should mention "BooBoo". Next rally, I'll tell you all about our picnic basket.  We had a great gathering this past weekend, it was so nice to get to know our camping buddies even better and got to meet some new campers too. They've all been invited to canvas campers and the Mckinney rally too. We watched for the rain Thursday night, Friday and then Saturday was beautiful.  The evening campfires were so fun and the food of course was awesome. Today, it cleared long enough for us to pack up. All the adults and the kids had a great time.  It's 5 pm here and Destiny has gone to bed, she was just tuckered out. I might follow soon......

1263 Posts
(Offline)
April 6, 2014 - 6:39 pm
Print

^^ Hitting the big LIKE button. ;D (I'll bet all the girls are tucked in early tonight!)  Thanks for the promotion of CanvasCampers and the McKinney rally. It will be nice to add some new faces. It's possible there will be one or more "old" faces there as well.

71 Posts
(Offline)
April 7, 2014 - 9:17 am
Print

Judy,

So sorry to hear about your daughter but sounds hopeful.

You would not believe all the good, great awesome food that came out of Darrels dutch oven.  Suffice it to say that we will have two new members at McKinney and probably a few new dutch ovens.  At least one expedition is planned to the Lodge outlet in Commerce.

See you in September.

Joel

1263 Posts
(Offline)
April 7, 2014 - 10:16 pm
Print

Joel, I look forward to seeing you and Camille again in the fall and anxious to meet the two new numbers. You can all sign up now to reserve your spots, especially if you want to camp near each other. Darrell said he couldn't make it in the fall  :'( and he and Becky and the girls will be missed.

Our daughter may be discharged tomorrow from the hospital. We are praying that is so. See you guys in a few months.

71 Posts
(Offline)
April 8, 2014 - 8:07 am
Print

Judy,

We made our reservations (130) immediately after the date was announced.

Jerry made his sitting around the fire the last night of the rally, then checked out the site (129) on the way home.

Joel

1263 Posts
(Offline)
April 8, 2014 - 10:17 am
Print

I've got you on the front page but will need Jerry's info if you or he can provide it in a PM.

I've got most, if not all, of our past attendees' info; so if new folks are signing up ( :cheerleader: ), please PM me your first names, name of your town/city, and ages/sex of your children (for games/activities planning). Hoping to add to the front page reservations soon. 

Let's go Rallying! :cheerleader:

71 Posts
(Offline)
April 9, 2014 - 8:34 am
Print

Jerry & Deb, Woodstock GA

They have a few grown kids and some grandkids in the area, but don't think they are planning to bring any.

175 Posts
(Offline)
April 10, 2014 - 8:25 pm
Print

Just getting around to getting online.  First of all, glad to hear that your daughter is doing better Judy.  We will keep her in our prayers.  Being a cancer survivor myself, I know how scary it can be. 
We had a great time at Jellystone.  Weather was good except Sunday morning when we had some rain.  Becky and I are getting better at closing the PUP in the rain, but we still don't like it.
The kids were pretty well occupied with non-stop activities all weekend, which gave the adults some time to get to know one another.  I did get the opportunity to try out some D.O. recipes, and I certainly didn't have any problem finding testers. 
We made some new friends.  Jerry and Deb are great people and I'm sure you will see them at our rallies.
Jellystone is not our favorite place to camp, but we will continue to take the grandkids there once or twice a year since they love it so much.
Sorry we won't be able to make the fall rally.

Darrell and Becy

1263 Posts
(Offline)
April 11, 2014 - 11:06 am
Print

Hey Darrell. Glad all had fun and the newbies have joined for the fall so we get to meet them too. Still sad you guys will not be at the fall gathering.

Thanks for the good words on DD. She was home one day but had to go in again last night.

1 ... 23456
Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690
Moderators: 0