Forum Login
Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Prince Gallitzin SP, PA
259 Posts
(Offline)
July 15, 2015 - 7:04 pm
Print

Since my wife is staying home i am staying home with her tomorow night, i will be up first thing friday mornimg thou, for those arriving tomorow.  Safe travels and start the party early.  I will be bringing a cucumber salad from the garden as well for the potluck.  See you all in a few hours!

357 Posts
(Offline)
July 16, 2015 - 12:33 am
Print

12:30 Am, the trailer is packed ,hooked up, and the Burgman is all strapped in. We can get a few hours of sleep and leave in the morning. Not really looking forward to the 7 hour drive but camping with friends makes it all worth while! See y'all there.

550 Posts
(Offline)
July 16, 2015 - 4:21 pm
Print

We're  here. Got in around 1 pm. There is a really nice 2 mile walking loop that goes by the lake, just finished explorimgbit.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

336 Posts
(Offline)
July 16, 2015 - 5:34 pm
Print

We are up in Niagara Falls and will be heading to the rally tomorrow.
We should be pulling in around 5, maybe 6 depending what time we get ourselves packed up and out of here.

259 Posts
(Offline)
July 16, 2015 - 6:13 pm
Print

Mtn bikers...gald you made it, enjoy the night, weather is outstanding today. Wisfisher. Safe travels tomorrow see you when you get there!  We can have a meet and greet when people arrive.  I finished packing up a few odds and ends, a quick stop at grocery store tomorow and i should be on my way.  Plan on leaving here roughly 7 am  should arrive 10-1030ish.  One quick change in plans, i ran into a old work buddy of mine today, and since my wife will be staying home, invited him to join me. We used to fish alot together back in the day, but he had a stroke a few years back, and is partially paralyzed. I dont know how things are going to go, but we are still going to try wetting a line again this weekend.  I am sure everyone will make him feel welcomed.  See you all real soon...

336 Posts
(Offline)
July 17, 2015 - 8:40 pm
Print

We made it there, set up and left to find a store to restock our supplies.  Ended up in Altoona where we stopped to eat as well.
Now we won't get back until dark.
See you all tomorrow.

259 Posts
(Offline)
July 19, 2015 - 3:21 pm
Print

Ok. Om home, just pulled into my parkng pad  Went to unhook the trailer and noticed one of the spring bars are missing, apparently the metal locking pin didnt lock.  If anybody finds one laying in road up the hill to rangers station let me. Know. Thought i heard a strange noise climbing the hill. I left a voice mail at camp office. Maybe i will get a phone call tomorow.  Anyhow.  It was great meeting everyone one, the turnout was great, the food and freindship that followed was equal. Looking foward to meeting you again soon, maybe knobles or Raystown is always a interest. Thanks for all your help and making me and jim feel welcomed

637 Posts
(Offline)
July 19, 2015 - 8:47 pm
Print

Was nice to see friends we had met before and meet new friends too! Thanks to John for hosting and introducing his friend Jim to the group and Wizfisher and family for including us in you big trip from FL to Niagara Falls and home. As always, the potluck was wonderful.

Thursday was a beautiful day with low humidity and temps that stayed in the low 70s. We had a downpour about 3am Saturday morning. Our site wasn't a swamp, but it did slope toward the parking pad and the mat ended up really muddy. Seemed that all of our group weathered the storm well. I walked by some tents and EZ ups that didn't fare so well.

Be aware that the address for the campground is 233 Campground Road, Patton PA 16668. The address that prints with the .pdf file for the campground map has the main office address of Marina Road. John said the reservation confirmation page has the correct address on it.

Pet Owners: Prince Gallitzen is very strict about where pets can be walked. So, if you want to take your dogs in the water, this is not the park to come to.

It is a beautiful park and parking pad lengths are very accurate. They are adding full hook up sites every year. Bathhouses were kept track of and the sinks for washing dishes were clean too. The campground host was across the street from us. He had a hummingbird feeder out and had more than a dozen ruby throated hummingbirds fighting over the feeder all day long! People didn't scare them away. They were more interested in the feeder. If you were sitting close, they would buzz you as the flew in to feed.

The campground store is well stocked and prices were quite reasonable.

We also visited the Flight 93 National Memorial. It is still a work in progress. To be fully open on September 10th of this year. We will return to visit it in a few years when all the vegetation has grown a little.

37 Posts
(Offline)
July 20, 2015 - 10:19 pm
Print

It was great to meet some new people! I'm amazed that we had some of our southern crew there -- Wizfisher! I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to see you before we left. Dawn and I had fun talking with you at the fire.

John -- thanks for hosting. We had a great time!

Joe & Dawn

259 Posts
(Offline)
July 24, 2015 - 7:55 pm
Print

I was sitting at home watching television when the big brown truck pulled up, got a package from prince gallitzen state park. They found my missing torsion bar on the side of the road and kindly mailed it back to me free of charge!  I give them a exceptional thanks for going above and beyond!!!

443 Posts
(Offline)
July 25, 2015 - 7:25 pm
Print

Wow. Nicely done by the folks at the park.

336 Posts
(Offline)
July 26, 2015 - 9:17 pm
Print

Sorry it took so long for me to post here but we finally got home last night and I had to be at work at 4am this morning.

It was great to be able to meet everyone at the rally.
The food was fantastic, the atmosphere was great, the bad weather was the night before, lol, and we had a good time.

Good job on hosting the rally John.
(Really nice of them to mail that to you)

2 more days of work and work are going camping again.
;D

1 ... 34567
Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3700

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2689