Forum Login
Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Promised Land SP Rally, Aug 2015
468 Posts
(Offline)
August 20, 2015 - 1:18 pm
Print

For those that are staying until Monday - Do you wanna plan on dinner together Sunday night?

We are staying through to Monday.  Not sure if eating dinner  at the campsite or eating out on Sunday night.  Will keep this in mind. 

420 Posts
(Offline)
August 20, 2015 - 3:04 pm
Print

I know my site and my brothers site dinner is planned already for Sunday night.

Best Regards,
Norm

470 Posts
(Offline)
August 20, 2015 - 3:12 pm
Print

Hi SaintPaula & MariskaHargitay - we'd love to get together for dinner on Sunday.  We can contribute $ or food, or bring our own meal and just eat together.

Thanks
RnR

2545 Posts
(Offline)
August 21, 2015 - 8:22 am
Print

1/2 day at work then home to pack the TT.  I have to wait until DS gets out of school, we should be hitting the road at 4:30.  2 1/2 hour ride we should be there around 7:30.  Hmmmmm I was thinking of cooking dinner but now I'm thinking it will be a dinner on the road.  I really have to think these things through since I'll be towing  a 27 foot TT which makes it a little difficult to hit a drive through  ::)

Matt O 2006 Skyline Nomad 27' travel trailer.  Previously owned 1986 Coleman Columbia / 1992 Coleman Senecca / 1989 Born Free Class C RV.

445 Posts
(Offline)
August 21, 2015 - 12:39 pm
Print

Hickory Run rest stop has plenty of parking. Pack your own food & eat in the lot or buy something from one of the concessions. 

382 Posts
(Offline)
August 23, 2015 - 5:33 pm
Print

Thanks everyone for making this another fantastic rally especially the folks that were rally coordinators and to pete and phil for a super yummy low country boil. We made it home early enough to unpack and  get ready towatch the new season of walking dead!

357 Posts
(Offline)
August 23, 2015 - 9:15 pm
Print

We arrived home at 7pm safe and sound. Thanks to all involved for yet another fantastic Canvas Campers rally! Till we meet in the woods again.  😉

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
August 24, 2015 - 6:01 am
Print

Great week vacation for a few families and weekend group rally with about 70 people.

[img width=640 height=360]https://canvascampers.com/MGalleryItem.php?id=3350[/img]

Thanks Steve and Gary for helping running the rally.  Thanks Phil, Peter and Rob for cooking the amazing meal.

Kayaking, Fishing, Ziplines, Water Battle, Low Country Boil, Sunsets, Campfires and a lot of memories.

Here pictures:
https://canvascampers.com/index.php?action=media;sa=playlists;in=16

36 Posts
(Offline)
August 24, 2015 - 8:49 pm
Print

Thank you all for allowing my buddies and I to join you for dinner. We had a nice time riding this weekend and had a nice time meeting some of you. We did not get a chance to meet everyone but for the ones that we did you made us feel very welcome. I hope to get out to a rally with the group with my camper in the future. My buddies were talking about coming back to PL for next years rally already.

Dinner was awesome, thank you to all everyone involved in putting it together.

2545 Posts
(Offline)
August 28, 2015 - 8:34 am
Print

Is anyone else still thinking of how good the Low Country Boil was?  Thank you Phil and Pete!!!!

I had my Check Engine light come on Friday night on the way up and had a stressful last 1 hour drive thinking I was killing my truck.  Thank you to the Chrysler mechanic who was around the Friday campfire who put me at ease saying it will make it home.  Funny thing.....on the way home the light went out. I researched the code more online and it could be dirty transmission fluid or an electrical solenoid that gave me the light.  It is going to the Dodge dealer on Tuesday for fluid change.

My wife and everyone in my group had a great time.  We loved swimming in the little beach on Saturday, the Low Country Boil (Did I say that already) and we had our own little family campfire that she enjoyed with a glass of wine.

Matt O 2006 Skyline Nomad 27' travel trailer.  Previously owned 1986 Coleman Columbia / 1992 Coleman Senecca / 1989 Born Free Class C RV.

638 Posts
(Offline)
August 28, 2015 - 10:33 am
Print

We had an awesome time again this year! Family, Friends, Food, Fun. Just the way camping trips should be.

DD is still talking about how much fun she had. We packed it up on Sunday even though we had reserved till Monday (her choice). I am glad we did. I started a sore throat Sunday night. Monday was full on sore throat, couldn't talk. Slept 20 of 24 hours. Don't know how I would have made it home. Probably would have had to call home and my dad and get a rescue team to come get us. I couldn't stay awake for more than 30 minutes tops. Am on the mend finally. Now DD's got it, kept her home from school today. She tried hard to stay away from all of us that were sick too.

420 Posts
(Offline)
August 28, 2015 - 10:51 am
Print

We left Monday and had a great weekend. My brother definitely liked the area and wants to return.
My daughters found these spinners and a kite on our table when we got back from our hike on Sunday and put them to good use. Thanks to whomever that was.

[img width=480 height=640]http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx53/ace7368/FullSizeRender%201.jpg[/img]

Food was great and enjoyed seeing and talking to everyone. See you down the road.

Best Regards,
Norm

36 Posts
(Offline)
October 13, 2015 - 7:13 pm
Print

Has there been any information released for next years promised land rally yet?

1 ... 45678
Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690
Moderators: 0