Forum Login
Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Knoebels for Halloween
638 Posts
(Offline)
September 18, 2016 - 11:52 am
Print

The short answer is: I'm not. But if you'd like to, have fun! I will be jealous of your efforst 🙂 I believe the only kids that are coming are high school age and above. Not sure they are dressing up.

In years past when going to Knoebels, it hasn't been a Halloween thing. We have a pot luck breakfast on Saturday because Saturday afternoon and evening, people are generally in the park. 

Our Halloween Rally is generally a dress up and hand out candy event. I don't think Lake Glory has any trick or treating going on at the camp ground. So, we get off easy this year. No candy that we have to buy.

The park is open Friday 6pm-10pm, Saturday 2pm-10pm, Sunday 12N-5pm. I have seen pictures of park goers dressed up. I believe there is a costume contest in the park.

I will not be dressing up or decorating my site. My DD has Homecoming that weekend and has chosen not to camp (it's her first high school dance and is formal). So, I will be camping Friday (coming up early) to Saturday, leaving to drive home to see her all dressed up for the dance, then come back up to camp in time for camp fire and bed (hoping to be there earlier, so I can see the park and the costumed park goers).

91 Posts
(Offline)
September 18, 2016 - 6:23 pm
Print

Thank you!

638 Posts
(Offline)
September 29, 2016 - 12:59 pm
Print

We, as a group, have six sites KD 104, 116 -124 evens. The rest of the sites have been released. Lake Glory called today and said they had a waiting list for them. Both campgrounds will be full for this weekend.

Who's ready to ride the Haunted House?  :jig: The Haunted Antique Cars? There are a few others that have been haunted as well for Halloween. Should be lots of fun!!!

2545 Posts
(Offline)
September 30, 2016 - 8:43 am
Print

Haunted antique cars sounds like fun

Matt O 2006 Skyline Nomad 27' travel trailer.  Previously owned 1986 Coleman Columbia / 1992 Coleman Senecca / 1989 Born Free Class C RV.

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
October 2, 2016 - 4:55 pm
Print

Ok, based on the parks hours... let's do a potluck breakfast again.  Let's say 9am Saturday.

We will bring the 40 cup coffee pot (if I have it), hot chocolate and hot tea for everyone. We will also be bringing a Slow-Cooker Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole

382 Posts
(Offline)
October 3, 2016 - 9:20 pm
Print

Repost-To keep the tradtion alive we will be bringing NY bagels with butter, creamcheese, jelly and a a toaster. for the pot luck breakfast...
can we get a head count  so I know  Aprox how many bagels to Bring I dont think the front page is accurate unless I'm the only site not updated yet . We will be 5 ,me plus Jamie and Maggie and I should have a freind and his girlfriend that will be joining us I should have confirmation end of week . We are going to do a Late arrival on Friday due to Jamie's school and Maggies volleyball

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
October 5, 2016 - 8:46 am
Print

I have the beginning of the thread undated... lets go camping!

91 Posts
(Offline)
October 9, 2016 - 6:34 pm
Print

Tony is going to contribute scrapple

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
October 9, 2016 - 11:03 pm
Print

I love scrapple!

fyi, We are going to do decorating.  No kids, lets have fun.

145 Posts
(Offline)
October 13, 2016 - 4:30 pm
Print

Not sure what for Breakfast.. was thinking oatmeal bar. Lol. Or bacon.. 

I'm ready and over due for camping

638 Posts
(Offline)
October 17, 2016 - 7:11 pm
Print

The Haunted Antique Cars were AWESOME!! Lots of scenes, lots of detail. Fun! Haunted House changes were "meh" ok. I think they added some paintings to the Black Diamond Roller coaster. It seemed to have more detail.

Nice weather. GREAT friends. Had been going through camping withdrawal.  ;D

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690
Moderators: 0