(Offline)
October 21, 2012 - 2:25 pm
Print

We will bring a roasted vegtable soup.

138 Posts
(Offline)
October 21, 2012 - 10:24 pm
Print

Wow! The Canvas Campers header's gone all LL Bean!  After much consideration and the fact that we'll be in Southern PA, we're dipping into our collective PA Dutch heritages and bringing pork and saurkraut, which is part of both our families' Thanksgiving traditions. And some kind of as yet to be determined dessert.

550 Posts
(Offline)
October 22, 2012 - 3:25 pm
Print

changed my mind...won't be bringing potatoes...will just bring a dessert.

333 Posts
(Offline)
October 27, 2012 - 7:35 pm
Print

I need an opinion from anyone who remembers the size of the sites pretty well, and specifically regarding our site (#148).

We got a new TT today. Yup, the dark side called during a weak moment and after a long conversation we joined the cause.  I'll pick it up next Saturday, which means this rally will be it's maiden voyage.  The description for site #148 says it'll fit up to a 20' camper, but there's 50' from the "wheel stop to the spur".  The Palomino is 25' hitch to bumper and I figured that wouldn't be pushing things too much, but now we're even a few feet longer than that at 32'.

My memory is a little fuzzy regarding the sites in the loop, but I seem to recall they had a fair amount of space around them.  Does anyone think I'll have any issues, or should I change sites?

352 Posts
(Offline)
October 27, 2012 - 9:50 pm
Print

So it will be my and my son Dylan once again. My daughter has a cheer competition and a house full of 10/11 year old girls for her birthday party sleepover on Saturday night. Good time for us boys to go camping. Still trying to figure out how to make the stuffing, hoping it works out.

517 Posts
(Offline)
October 27, 2012 - 10:40 pm
Print

[quote author=twstdpear link=topic=1405.msg17838#msg17838 date=1351380943]
We got a new TT today. Yup, the dark side called during a weak moment and after a long conversation we joined the cause.  I'll pick it up next Saturday, which means this rally will be it's maiden voyage.
CONGRATULATIONS, looking forward to pics 8)

827 Posts
(Offline)
October 27, 2012 - 10:57 pm
Print

Twisted Pear: Congrats on TT. 
https://canvascampers.com/inde.....w;start=20 
follow this link for pics.  You will hang out into loop for sure, the loop is actually part of your site,  and it is rather narrow side to side due to the trees.  But if you don't plan to deploy awning, you might pull it off.  Since our gang has entire loop, I am sure you can work something out, as far as where to put TV.  If you are thinking it looks too narrow, call office and aske them.  THey keep this info on hand, or are supposed to, so they can answer questions for those of us willing to spend $.

333 Posts
(Offline)
October 28, 2012 - 11:34 am
Print

[quote author=thingette 1s sister link=topic=1405.msg17850#msg17850 date=1351393037]
Congrats on TT.
... follow this link for pics.  You will hang out into loop for sure, the loop is actually part of your site,  and it is rather narrow side to side due to the trees. ...

Thanks.

I think when we were there two years ago, I recall everyone set up more like a circled wagon train (entry door facing the loop) instead of backing in (hitch facing the loop), probably because we also had the entire loop then, everyone was cool with that arrangement affecting driving access into the loop, and it made for a more cozy group experience.  There were so many leaves, I didn't realize the sites weren't supposed to be like that.

If we do the same arrangement again this year, I would imagine that we'll be fine from what I do recall.  I just wanted to throw it out there for everyone else's opinion, especially others in the loop since we might be crowding the entrance to the loop more so than last time. 

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
October 28, 2012 - 11:49 am
Print

Jeff, 
The reservation website says that the campsite will accommodates 20 ft trailer.  :lmao:
I think you'll be fine, come setup and I won't worry about it.  We'll make it work, even if you have to just block that side of the loop.

138 Posts
(Offline)
October 31, 2012 - 2:27 pm
Print

Staff change!  DS realized that the Boy Scout Camporee he thought he couldn't go on because of dance practice is the same weekend as the Rally, which he has off.  He decided he'd rather go to Camporee (I don't blame him) so it will just be Eilean and I, DD #1 and DD #2... and maybe the dog if she lets us have either bunk.

2545 Posts
(Offline)
October 31, 2012 - 10:11 pm
Print

My 18 year old BIL and his GF will be joining us. 

Matt O 2006 Skyline Nomad 27' travel trailer.  Previously owned 1986 Coleman Columbia / 1992 Coleman Senecca / 1989 Born Free Class C RV.

333 Posts
(Offline)
October 31, 2012 - 10:19 pm
Print

[quote author=JoeCamper link=topic=1405.msg17861#msg17861 date=1351439376]
Jeff, 
The reservation website says that the campsite will accommodates 20 ft trailer.  :lmao:
I think you'll be fine, come setup and I won't worry about it.  We'll make it work, even if you have to just block that side of the loop.

Yup..  I knew I was already pushing "accomodates 20 ft trailer" with the Palomino (HTT with 21' box, 25' hitch-to-bumper, and more like 29' with the bunks fully open).  I wished they'd define exactly what they mean by "20 ft trailer" is that 17.5-25', or 20-29'?  Are they including the A-frame in that number, or just the box?  I'm also still trying to figure out exactly what "*Maximum for slideout or awning on trailer is 16'" means.  Is that a 16' long awning or slide, or a total of 16' wide with awning and/or slides extended?  I know..  I know..  Call. 

Maybe it might just be best to switch to #136, since the description and the pictures linked by T1'sS show that site to be sufficiently deep and wide.  I'm not sure I want my first time backing the new trailer into a campsite to not only be in the dark but also a tight fit. 

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
November 2, 2012 - 10:39 pm
Print

OK, this rally is only a week away.  We will need a little help to pull things off.

I have booked the gathering site for the weekend and will be ordering a 1/2 cord of firewood.  We are asking for donations of $10-$15 per site to cover the cost.

We will also need a few other things:
- about 8 folding tables for food
- 10 table clothes for the picnic tables
- coffee
- 10x10 canopies

I think I have extension cord, power strips, large coffee pot and timer, deep frier, oil, 4 turkeys, 2 18qt roasters and maybe the kitchen sink packed.

402 Posts
(Offline)
November 2, 2012 - 11:11 pm
Print

We will be able to bring a folding table, extension cord , and an easy up that is about 10 x 10.

2545 Posts
(Offline)
November 3, 2012 - 8:31 am
Print

I own multiple tables and an EZ up......I just don't know how to transport them in my Class C.  If anyone in Chester County PA and has roof racks to put a few tables on the roof, PM me if you can stop by and transport them. 

Sorry, this is only my second trip in the RV and am still learning how to transport gear. 

Matt O 2006 Skyline Nomad 27' travel trailer.  Previously owned 1986 Coleman Columbia / 1992 Coleman Senecca / 1989 Born Free Class C RV.

827 Posts
(Offline)
November 3, 2012 - 1:46 pm
Print

Have folding table and 2 tablecloths.  Bringing Broccoli with cheese sauce for potluck.

445 Posts
(Offline)
November 3, 2012 - 2:30 pm
Print

[quote author=twstdpear link=topic=1405.msg17960#msg17960 date=1351736365]
Maybe it might just be best to switch to #136, since the description and the pictures linked by T1'sS show that site to be sufficiently deep and wide. 
We had 136 a few years ago. It is plenty deep & wide for a larger trailer, but we had a bit of trouble swinging the front end of the truck around due to trees right across the road. We got it in there, but with more effort than we would have liked. Perhaps those trees aren't there anymore, or the wheelbase & turning radius on your tv might be better suited for the site than mine but if I had to do it again, I would book 135 before I chose 136. Unfortunately, we have another commitment that wknd, so we can't attend the rally this yr.
Enjoy your maiden voyage!

1573 Posts
(Offline)
November 3, 2012 - 2:37 pm
Print

As usual I will bring the "circus tent"

We have 2- 40 cup coffee pots (Joe has 1, we have the other). Please remember to bring your own coffee cup. We have a large supply (currently in Joe's hands) of sugar, stirrers, etc, and we will bring containers of 1/2 and 1/2. I have the bar height 4' table for the coffee area. The first pot will start at 6:00AM to be ready for 7:00AM, the 2nd pot will be ready for 8:00AM. (all one timers)

Since we are planning on doing corn on the cob, we will be bringing our big turkey fryer burner and pot.

I will start the planning of the Adult Tasty beverage in test tubes.

To attach the 10x10 canopies together, we are going to need a bunch of bungee cords and metal tent stakes to hold them down.

Martini Glass The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything that they have!
638 Posts
(Offline)
November 3, 2012 - 3:26 pm
Print

I think I can fit 3 or maybe 4 8 foot tables (heavy duty banquet type from the fire hall) in my van. I will check on the number on Monday night. ''

I will bring table cloths to cover the amount of tables I bring.

333 Posts
(Offline)
November 3, 2012 - 3:30 pm
Print

We always (lately) have our 60"x30" blow-mold folding table and a tablecloth with us.  I could throw a couple of the heavy, wooden 6-footers in the truck if it doesn't look like enough are going to be there.  Please let me know.

I also always have a pretty good amount (45 or so) of the 10" nail type stakes with a plastic head on them that can be used for tying down the shelters. 

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2