sp_TopicIcon
Thanksgiving Season Rally, Nov2012 - Family Style Dinner
Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
November 12, 2012 - 9:09 am
Print

Good Morning, what a great weekend.

We had about 55 people attend, a few new including 'justchillin' and a few originals from years ago including 'MarcS'.  Great group.
The weather was typical fall weather and just got better as the weekend went on, high 60s and very sunny on Sunday.
We had a 1/2 cord of wood delivered on Friday and another 1/2 cord delivered on Saturday.  The fire was large and lasted a long time, we were able to add logs to the hot coals each morning at restart the fire without a match.  :thumbsup:

The food was awesome, we had 8-10 tables setup under a few canopies with food and a half dozen picnic tables set up for dining.  We had fried turkey, baked ham, a few different stuffings, mash potatoes, corn on the cob, green beans, potato soup, salads, sweet potatoes, rolls and more.  No one went hungry.  :chef:

We set up two 40 cup coffee pots on timers at the gathering site and they were ready each morning as everyone woke.  We went through 7 pots / 280 cups of coffee over the weekend.
[hr]

Now for the thanks!  Thanks everyone for everything: tables, tables clothes, food, conversation, donations for firewood and the gathering site, helping setup/break down and everything else.  Thanks to Marc and Barb for helping me with the 4 turkeys, Thanks Phil and others for managing the gathering site and coffee, THANKS to the amazing women who washed and dried my dishes Sunday morning while I ran my daughter to a cheerleading event.  kiss  If any of you have a sister that is available...
[hr]

These rallies are a lot of fun, they are great because of all the people who attend and all the things that everyone contributes to make it better.  (a table cloth makes a difference)  A long time ago, I new my daughter would get bored of camping with just me so I wanted to meet and camp with others. WOW, what it has grown to become.

click to enlarge
[smg id=1803]
[smg id=1802]

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
November 12, 2012 - 10:16 am
Print

Several members have taken photos and they can be uploaded here.  We will review them all and create an album to share with others.
https://canvascampers.com/inde.....bum;in=243

352 Posts
(Offline)
November 12, 2012 - 2:19 pm
Print

I just wanted to thank everyone for another great weekend at a rally. My son and I had fun and cannot wait to get to French Creek, this time with the whole family. I will be posting the recipe for the pineapple stuffing as I received some requests for it, and uploading the pictures that I took over the weekend.

333 Posts
(Offline)
November 12, 2012 - 8:38 pm
Print

Thanks to everyone for yet another fun, memorable rally and especially to Joe for ordering such great weather for the event and, well, everything he does to make the site and the rallies so great.

We had a good laugh on our way out of the campground.  Imagine if you will:  You're packing up and your kids are supposed to be playing at the playground with DD of another camper.  DS#2 returns back to your site, so you finish up, pull out and plan on picking up DS#1 on the way.  You stop to say goodbye to some friends, and find that DS#1 and DD of the other camper have decided to lock themselves in a dog crate to "protect" themselves from Abby the dog.  I guess they were afraid of being licked to death.  This is the result:

[img width=480 height=640]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-wNlMnclWAXA/UKFe8G42GOI/AAAAAAAAAzE/0RQAP38s5tE/s1024/Wil_and_Cora_in_a_cage.JPG[/img]

I also added this to the album, so it'll ultimately wind up there once it's approved.

1263 Posts
(Offline)
November 12, 2012 - 8:52 pm
Print

;D ;D You can see how "scared" they are and how vicious that cute doggie was!

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
November 12, 2012 - 9:01 pm
Print

https://canvascampers.com/inde.....bum;in=101

Here is a link to the photo album.  More pics coming soon.

121 Posts
(Offline)
November 12, 2012 - 9:07 pm
Print

twstdpear....OMG  thats so funny....thanks for the laugh....good memories

232 Posts
(Offline)
November 13, 2012 - 11:54 am
Print

It was great meeting everyone for our 'first' rally - Joe, it was everything you told me it would be in g-burg, with even fab weather. Thanks to everyone (whose names we may not remember by spring!) for making us feel welcome.

2545 Posts
(Offline)
November 15, 2012 - 3:10 pm
Print

I love seeing the pics.....anyone have anymore?

Matt O 2006 Skyline Nomad 27' travel trailer.  Previously owned 1986 Coleman Columbia / 1992 Coleman Senecca / 1989 Born Free Class C RV.

827 Posts
(Offline)
November 15, 2012 - 8:41 pm
Print

I thought I saw Rich clicking away on Saturday eve.  I posted everything I took. 

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
November 18, 2012 - 10:35 pm
Print

We've added many more photos to the album:
Thanks to all that brought their cameras.
https://canvascampers.com/inde.....bum;in=101

1 ... 34567
Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690