Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Thanksgiving Season Rally, Nov2012 - Family Style Dinner
333 Posts
(Offline)
November 7, 2012 - 11:19 am
Print

[quote author=Lone Lock link=topic=1405.msg18213#msg18213 date=1352292676]
As this weekend gets closer and people start purchasing their food for the pot luck, Please take a moment to glance at the ingredient labels.  My son is allergic to peanuts.  I am not asking you not to make it, just put a "P" or something to identify it if it has peanuts in it so that I don't feed it to my son. 

Ironically the Peanut Oil that most turkeys are deep fried in is perfectly safe for him....confirmed it with the allergist.  :dunno:

Ditto for us. 

Our younger son is allergic to peanuts and all tree nuts (and grasses, and hamsters, and dogs, and ...).  Being around nuts is fine, just not consuming them and hopefully it will never get any worse than that.  He's aware of it and is extremely careful if it looks like nuts or says it has nuts, so if you can mark anything that contains them, we'd appreciate it as well.

Thanks!

236 Posts
(Offline)
November 7, 2012 - 2:00 pm
Print

Well the jury is in and we will not be joining you guys this weekend. All will be missed. See you at the Allentown RV show and get together at our house in Jan.

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
November 7, 2012 - 2:52 pm
Print

Sorry to hear a few won't be able to make it, they are all northeast of the Allentown area toward the Poconos.

The weather forecast still looks great for the weekend.
http://www.weather.com/weather.....17222:4:US
57 and 59 degrees, 0% chance of rain.

121 Posts
(Offline)
November 7, 2012 - 6:48 pm
Print

We will be bringing green bean cassarole and dinner rolls and  butter. and one table and I have a couple of table clothes....at least 3 I can  bring.  Looking forward to the weekend.  Dawn and Joe our thoughts with you. 

638 Posts
(Offline)
November 7, 2012 - 8:01 pm
Print

I will bring only (2) 8 foot tables and hopefully (1) 6 footer. I thought I could fit more 8'ers in the van, but only 2 will fit.

2545 Posts
(Offline)
November 8, 2012 - 7:52 am
Print

Last day of work before the trip  :jig: (I took tomorrow off) .  Last night I put together a cargo rack that hangs out of the receiver hitch on my Class C.  I will have to experiment with the best way to put stuff on it.  I can easily get 2 totes on there but I would like to get my 2 zero gravity chairs on there and maybe....maybe my ez up accross the totes.

Matt O 2006 Skyline Nomad 27' travel trailer.  Previously owned 1986 Coleman Columbia / 1992 Coleman Senecca / 1989 Born Free Class C RV.

37 Posts
(Offline)
November 8, 2012 - 8:28 am
Print

Have fun, everyone. I feel bad that we cannot make this last meet because we love spending time with the group.  🙁

Dawn and I are still without power and temporarily living at her mom's house about 25 miles from home. Add to that, we got about 4-6" of snow at home, which would make getting up there after work in the dark, shoveling out, loading the trailer and getting going a little out of the realm. Also, we want to be in the area when the power comes back on so we can check the house.

Take care and have a great time!

Joe

468 Posts
(Offline)
November 8, 2012 - 3:18 pm
Print

We are so sorry to hear about your power loss and further weather related issues.  We hope that you can come back to the future soon.

138 Posts
(Offline)
November 8, 2012 - 4:28 pm
Print

We'll be there sometime Friday night.  As usual, things got complicated.  The kids are at my wife's sister's house after school.  DS will be going to his Boy Scout Camporee with them, except that all his stuff will be in our car and he can't leave with them until we get there, so I'll be leaving work early tomorrow, dropping off his stuff, picking up the girls and their cousin Kyra, who will be joining us this weekend, and driving home.  From there, we need to load up the car and hitch up the pup before we leave, once we hit every fast food place in West Baltimore so my MIL doesn't have to actually set foot in the kitchen all weekend.  If it all times out right, we'll hit the Baltimore Beltway right at the height of rush hour.  From there it should be about 2 hours to Caledonia, but probably more like 3 in actual practice.

84 Posts
(Offline)
November 8, 2012 - 4:32 pm
Print

Is there still room for two more, looks like it will be a nice weekend to camp?

232 Posts
(Offline)
November 8, 2012 - 5:03 pm
Print

here 2 stay -i just called reservations (I forgot to reserve friday-duh) and they said they had 12 or so sites still open so it sounds like there is room, we are new so I'm no expert on these things but hopefully we'll get to meet you!

827 Posts
(Offline)
November 8, 2012 - 8:56 pm
Print

I know a few had to cancel who live in pocono/nj area, so their sites are avail.  I can say that based on my recon mission this summer that newly empty sites of mtn biker, st paula, and guitarman are all nice sites.  See reviewand pics here:  https://canvascampers.com/inde.....lbum;in=16 

2545 Posts
(Offline)
November 9, 2012 - 8:20 am
Print

Mariska Hargity and I were just chatting about how to drive up there.  I remembered Thingette 1's sis put this up a few pages back.  I figured I would bring it up to a current page.

[quote author=thingette 1s sister link=topic=1405.msg14831#msg14831 date=1343000462]
I posted campsite pics to web just now, so you can see each site. 
https://canvascampers.com/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=16 
If you are coming off of Interstate 81, I would recommend taking Route 997, a nice wide 2 lane, to Route 30.  It cuts out alot of traffic lights along route 30. (unless of course you are looking for restaurants)  And I think where you have to turn onto Route 30 has a stop light.  I know for sure where you turn onto Route 233 there is a stop light and a turn lane.  You must go to the Park office (on left) to check in, there is ample parking and a driveway all the way around the office, so pulling in with camper is no prob.

If you've never driven much on Route 30, it is all stoplights.  So I would strongly recommend coming in from I81 side if you can.  The campground driveway is one way from low # to higher #'s, with a turn around at dumpstation if need be.  I didn't get entry sign pics, but they are standard PA state park, brown wood sign with white lettering.

Matt O 2006 Skyline Nomad 27' travel trailer.  Previously owned 1986 Coleman Columbia / 1992 Coleman Senecca / 1989 Born Free Class C RV.

827 Posts
(Offline)
November 9, 2012 - 9:25 am
Print

Mom and Dad are coming to visit on Saturday and will bring a cold salad for potluck

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
November 11, 2012 - 4:32 pm
Print

It's 4:30pm on Sunday and i'm the last one at the campground, that's not surprising.  I'm cooking a hot dog on the campfire for a close of the season.

I've gotta say, it might have been one of our best rallies. Friends, food, fire... big fire.

1573 Posts
(Offline)
November 11, 2012 - 5:43 pm
Print

[quote author=JoeCamper link=topic=1405.msg18325#msg18325 date=1352669572]
I've gotta say, it might have been one of our best rallies. Friends, food, fire... big fire.

:clappingani:  :thumbup:

Martini Glass The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything that they have!
2545 Posts
(Offline)
November 11, 2012 - 6:06 pm
Print

Were you cooking those hot dogs over the coals from the Saturday night fire?

1263 Posts
(Offline)
November 11, 2012 - 7:06 pm
Print

Must have been no leftovers after that delicious potluck for you, Joe, to be left alone with only a hot dog!  🙂

121 Posts
(Offline)
November 11, 2012 - 8:30 pm
Print

I would like to thank everyone who attended the rally, for everyones team/hard work.  My family and I had a fabulous time and my husband is actually excited to camp with the group next year :).  Joe you are truly amazing.  It was great to sit around the camp fire in the morning with fresh coffee and great conversation, thanks Phil and Pete. Dinner was amazing, and more socializing around a huge fire at night.  Thanks for a great closer to the season. Excited for next year.  Hope everyone has a wonderful Holiday Season.
Dawn
Happy Campers 101

638 Posts
(Offline)
November 11, 2012 - 11:04 pm
Print

Wow! Another great rally! I like to camp this way, with friends, food, and family. See you in the new year!!

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2