Forum Login
Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Southeast Fall Rally - Sept 2013 - McKinney CG
1263 Posts
(Offline)
September 5, 2013 - 4:29 pm
Print

I was ready to pull out late this morning but DH Al started with a sore throat last night that turned into one heckova cold! Unloaded supplies for the potluck and some door prizes plus the tee-shirt orders and went over to the lake to hand it all off in case we don't make the weekend. I know for sure we won't be there tonight, but we're hoping we will sometime tomorrow.

Save travels, everyone! Have a great Friday breakfast gathering.

1 Posts
(Offline)
September 5, 2013 - 9:26 pm
Print

The Morris Family will be bringing dessert to the pot luck dinner. 

117 Posts
(Offline)
September 6, 2013 - 12:28 am
Print

Yipee!! The camper is packed.  Laura will pack the food and the girls clothes tomorrow (today).  We'll head out once Heidi's tennis lesson is over. Hope to pull in with enough time to set up in the daylight. It's never happened before, but we're bound to get lucky with one of these rallies.  ::)

Amanda, do you still need someone to bring drinks?  If so, we can probably do that.  How many 2-liter bottles do you think we need?  Do we need to bring cups too?

117 Posts
(Offline)
September 6, 2013 - 12:31 am
Print

Hey, Hey, Hey!!!  RainMaker's online!  Good to see your post, Bill! Our girls are excited to be able to hang out with your boys!  See you soon!

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
September 6, 2013 - 1:22 pm
Print

Have a GREAT time and throw a log on the fire for the rest of us.  🙂

95 Posts
(Offline)
September 6, 2013 - 1:37 pm
Print

Thanks Joe! Will do 🙂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

71 Posts
(Offline)
September 7, 2013 - 8:28 am
Print

Having a wonderful time, wish you all could be here!

Somebody suggested yesterday that we should use pictures of ourselves as avatar to make it easier to remember - so here is my attempt.

1263 Posts
(Offline)
September 8, 2013 - 12:06 pm
Print

All good things come to an end and so is our rally. ..until we rally again in the spring.. Sad o see about half the gang leaving. We had a great time and thank all for making this time so much fun .. again. Thanks for helping Al and me. See our camping family soon. We head home tomorrow.

485 Posts
(Offline)
September 8, 2013 - 9:27 pm
Print

As always, we had a great time at the Southeast Rally. We enjoyed all the activities, beautiful weather, great food and fellowship. You guys are a great bunch!!!! 🙂

235 Posts
(Offline)
September 8, 2013 - 11:29 pm
Print

It was a wonderful weekend....So glad we got to spend it with a great bunch of folks!  Ya'll are all so special to me.

114 Posts
(Offline)
September 9, 2013 - 10:58 am
Print

Had an awesome time and enjoyed all the food and fellowship!!!  It was great seeing all the kids!!  They seem to get along so well and just picked up from where they left off the last time (except that they have all grown so much)!!!  It was nice to see all the familiar faces and to meet some new ones to the rally!!!  I hope the new folks enjoyed themselves and will make this a "must do" trip for the next one!!

32 Posts
(Offline)
September 9, 2013 - 1:16 pm
Print

We had another great time at the rally ;D
The old saying is "if it ain't broke don't fix it".  McKinney works out so nice.  My vote is not to change it.  Being consistent helps the rally be the success it is.

With our NTU camper we are now in search of some vintage camper rallies in the area.  😀

See everyone in the Spring.

1263 Posts
(Offline)
September 9, 2013 - 5:09 pm
Print

Great to see all our friends and enjoyed making new ones. We finally made it home and got everything put away. We were the last out and felt sad as each camper family went their ways but we made more warm memories and really look forward to the next rally. Thanks to moderators Amanda and Darrell (and their helpers), Nancy with the kids crafts and Miles and Sherlia for hosting Friday's breakfast and movie nights. Loved all the potluck food and fun activities. Al really appreciated the care and concern he received and sends a big thank you too. Cannot wait until next time. Waiting for photos. 🙂

336 Posts
(Offline)
September 9, 2013 - 7:28 pm
Print

We are home and unpacked as well.  Took us just about 7 hours and 45 minutes.  I was moving pretty good today. lol.

We had a great time at the rally and glad are we made the trip up there.  The weather was just about perfect, the food Saturday was delicious, the kids had fun playing with the other kids, Brooke loved the campfire art she did and the movie nights, and we generally had a great time.

Thanks to everyone involved in making this rally what it was.

I want to send out a special thanks to whoever donated the Popup Gizmos.  I thought the company donated them but was informed that a forum member did (and wished to remain anonymous).  To whoever it was, Thank You.

175 Posts
(Offline)
September 9, 2013 - 7:54 pm
Print

It's always so sad when it's over.  We had a wonderful time and enjoyed meeting some new friends and seeing the old friends again.  Thanks so much to everyone who helped make this such a special weekend.  MissNanc and CampDad did a terrific job making all of the kids feel special.  Thanks to all who slaved over a hot campfire for the Potluck, and thanks to all who brought door prizes.  Athread definitely did most of the heavy lifting on the moderator side, but I was happy to help where I could.
Becky and I felt a little guilty about taking the Corn-Hole crowns.  BUT WE GOT OVER IT!!!    :dans2:
We are looking forward to bigger and better in the Spring. Thanks all for a super rally.

1263 Posts
(Offline)
September 9, 2013 - 9:46 pm
Print

^^ Al said to let you know, Darrell, that your crown might be contestable since he did not actually defend his title due to the bad food and terrible cold, but he was happy to see how nice the crowns looked on you and Becky and he's willing to try winning "his" back with Matt as his teammate in the spring!  ;D (Seems they did better when I kept score. :D)

142 Posts
(Offline)
September 9, 2013 - 10:01 pm
Print

DH, DGS, DDS(dear dog Simon) and I had a fabulous time again this year. We loved being 'in the loop'. We made so many new friends, and reaffirmed our friendships with the campers we rallied with last year.
Absolutely cannot wait until the next rally. As soon as date, time and place is settled and posted, we'll make reservations. We really love McKinney also, except for the ventilation in the bathhouse. I am going to research who I could write to about possibly getting the ventilation fixed in that building. Anyone know who would be the best to write to?
See you all again soon.

95 Posts
(Offline)
September 9, 2013 - 10:53 pm
Print

So sad it's over. Guess we'll just have to start planning a new one to pass the time 🙂

We had a blast, as always!! You guys have all become family and the rallies just feel like a big family reunion (but with people I like and actually want to see - lol!!)

I've contacted Joe about getting us an album started for photos and I'll post the link as soon as I hear from him. Pat, funny that you mention the ventilation. We actually spoke to the CG workers and were told where to direct our "suggestion" on the bathhouses. I'll get the details and let you know.

Thank you again to everyone!! You all help to make the rally a success and it just wouldn't be the same without each of you 🙂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
September 9, 2013 - 11:21 pm
Print

Photos can be uploaded here:
https://canvascampers.com/inde.....bum;in=243

Approved photos can be viewed here:
https://canvascampers.com/inde.....bum;in=257

1263 Posts
(Offline)
September 10, 2013 - 4:39 pm
Print

[quote author=GA Judy link=topic=2380.msg25852#msg25852 date=1378777577]
^^ Al said ... defend his title due to the bad food and terrible cold...,

I just went back to read this topic and saw the auto spell on my phone should have filled in "bad FOOT" since the food was all so very delicious!!  :-[

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2