Forum Login
Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Southeast Fall Rally - Sept 2013 - McKinney CG
142 Posts
(Offline)
September 1, 2013 - 2:57 pm
Print

FFJ, I'm hoping for cooler weather. It's 94 in Tuscaloosa as I type.

We'll be bringing a bag of flexible tent poles with us. Free to anyone who could use them. Look for Earl and Pat at site 123. We also have a used 14ft bag awning, (we just replaced ours) Has a couple knicks in the canvas, and we had to unbend the pole that you roll it up on. But otherwise it's in good shape. Problem is, I'm not sure how we would get it up to the Rally. If someone is interested in it, let me know. We'll make that extra effort to bring it up.

See you all soon.

175 Posts
(Offline)
September 2, 2013 - 11:48 am
Print

Only 3 days til the rally.  We have a lot of fun activities planned.  I just checked the weather and it looks pretty normal for this time of year.  Highs in the upper 80's and lows around 64 with 10-20% chance of rain.  If any of you want to check the weather you can look at either Cartersville or Acworth.  Looking forward to seeing everyone soon!  🙂

485 Posts
(Offline)
September 2, 2013 - 8:31 pm
Print

10-20% chance of rain, I can handle that!! If my memory is correct, we drove all Wednesday night in the rain to get to the Spring rally early and then hung out in the camper all day Thursday while it rained. Good Times!!! I hope all you guys have a safe trip!!!!

142 Posts
(Offline)
September 2, 2013 - 10:26 pm
Print

And you too, Campdad. See you soon.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

114 Posts
(Offline)
September 3, 2013 - 3:08 pm
Print

We are down to almost counting hours instead of days!!!  I am going to try a new ice cream recipe on Friday evening.  "Dr. Pepper Passion" looks like it will be good.  I will be making 6 quarts.  First come first serve if you want to come give it a try. I will be in sight 127 and will give a shout out when it is ready.  Praying it turns out and is as good as it sounds.

I have already gotten most of my stuff together (piled in my living room and dining room).  Will pull out just after lunch on Thursday so should be there and set up by 4 I hope (with Amanda's help)!!!!

See everyone soon!!!!

1263 Posts
(Offline)
September 3, 2013 - 6:06 pm
Print

Al went to the foot surgeon today and did not get the pins out of his toes, so he won't be playing cornhole this go-round, so Matt needs a new partner for this Fall Championship! (Sorry, Matt, he's just not able to stand that long or move properly/swivel.)

Speaking of the Cornhole Tournament, who is wanting to play this time? A few of us are bringing our boards, us included even though Al's not playing. Hey! I can play this time! 8) I'm in!

The weather promises to be gorgeous and we are not going to bring the canopy for the "just in case it rains" shelter. :rock: 

Melinda, that ice cream sounds great! We'll be across the road on #124 so we'll join the stampede; well, Al will hobble! 🙂

175 Posts
(Offline)
September 3, 2013 - 9:13 pm
Print

Sorry to hear that Al didn't get his pins out.  Why don't you team up with Matt and that way if you win, you can keep the crown in the family?  I will be bringing my custom made boards with the bean bag magnets that only I have the remote for.  :rofl:
I do have a canopy that I will set up at rally central, but it is just for shade.
We will be coming in Thursday afternoon and will be happy to help you set up.  Al can prop his foot up and coach.

1263 Posts
(Offline)
September 3, 2013 - 9:27 pm
Print

Hey, Darrell, thanks for the offer on helping to set up in case I need it. Al's going to be sitting with his foot up for sure although he usually does a lot of that anyway. ;D

Maybe Matt and I can retain the title; we'll see. 🙂 Let's hope your remote control batteries last through the frey! Thanks for bringing the canopy. I usually bring ours, but this time maybe too much for me. I am bringing the 6' table though. It's already in the van.

See y'all soon!

95 Posts
(Offline)
September 3, 2013 - 10:23 pm
Print

Well Judy, tell Al I'll be right there with him. I've apparently injured my knees and can barely walk (William has informed me that I look ridiculous walking). I'm heading to the doctor tomorrow to see what's going on with them... Hopefully I'll get some good pain meds  😀

Just tell Al he'll have a friend to hobble with!

235 Posts
(Offline)
September 4, 2013 - 7:48 am
Print

![size=36pt]2 more days [/size]!!  Judy if you need help we'll be there.  See you all then!

336 Posts
(Offline)
September 4, 2013 - 9:16 am
Print

Stuck at work all day today. Hoping to be out after a good 15 hour day.
Head home, take a nap and head up there tonight or early in the morning.

Still not are what we are bringing to the potluck yet. Probably go to the store up there and figure out something. Lol

Judy, we can team up.

142 Posts
(Offline)
September 4, 2013 - 11:23 am
Print

Last year was the first time we had ever heard of, or played, Cornhole. It was fun, but we are bad. Maybe we could set up a beginners field, you know-where we only stand 4 feet away from the board, and everyone is new? lol. Yes, seriously, Earl and I would like to play. We just don't want to drag anyone down. See some of you tomorrow. We hope to arrive between 2 and 3 pm. We'll help wherever and whoever we can. 🙂

142 Posts
(Offline)
September 4, 2013 - 12:57 pm
Print

I have a dozen bags of microwave popcorn for movie night. I have a microwave, but anyone else who can help with nuking will be appreciated. I also have graham crackers, marshmallows and choc bars to make s'mores with the kids. Looking forward to cool evenings. 🙂

1263 Posts
(Offline)
September 4, 2013 - 4:28 pm
Print

We're also bringing some nacho cheese dip with tortilla chips for Friday night and to bring what's left (fresh cheese & chips though) for snacking at the Saturday potluck.

We've got the camper hitched, the tee-shirts (finally) being delivered tomorrow morning - don't ask! - and getting food packed to pull out tomorrow late morning, we hope.  First: choir tonight; next: sleep; Then - RALLY TIME!

235 Posts
(Offline)
September 4, 2013 - 7:42 pm
Print

I'm trying to get organized tonight so we can leave out as soon as I get off work tomorrow.  Surgipat, I've got a microwave now and can help out popping.  I've also got a s'mores edible craft for the kids one night. Since we left the camper at the campground on Monday, the trip over shouldn't take us too long. I hope we can be there about 7 pm.  See you all real soon!

68 Posts
(Offline)
September 4, 2013 - 9:09 pm
Print

I'll be there maybe early afternoon Thursday.  Not sure what I'm bringing for the pot luck either. Is there a breakfast on Friday morning too?

485 Posts
(Offline)
September 4, 2013 - 9:28 pm
Print

Chris, There will be a breakfast on Friday. I am not sure where it will be. We will be there sometime tomorrow evening/night. Several variables will play into arrival time. Everybody please be safe!

336 Posts
(Offline)
September 4, 2013 - 9:50 pm
Print

Just got home from work. 6am-9pm. Fun.

Shower, dinner, a quick trip to get gas, then a short nap, and we are headed out. 
Should be there just after noon I guess.

95 Posts
(Offline)
September 4, 2013 - 11:20 pm
Print

[size=16pt]IT'S HERE!!!![/size]

Can't wait to see everyone and get to meet some new faces! Don't forget to pack your rally shirts (if you purchased them in the Spring) since we'll wear those during the potluck  😉

Also, I don't see that anyone has volunteered to bring drinks to the Saturday night potluck. If you haven't settled on something or need an idea, can I have someone respond or message me to let me know we'll have some drinks? That would be a huge help! 

See you all soon! Praying that you all have safe travels & no traffic  ;D

68 Posts
(Offline)
September 4, 2013 - 11:27 pm
Print

[quote author=Wizfisher link=topic=2380.msg25775#msg25775 date=1378345838]
Just got home from work. 6am-9pm. Fun.

Shower, dinner, a quick trip to get gas, then a short nap, and we are headed out. 
Should be there just after noon I guess.

Have a safe trip! See you guys soon.

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690
Moderators: 0