sp_TopicIcon
Southeast Fall Rally - Sept 2013 - McKinney CG
1263 Posts
(Offline)
August 11, 2013 - 2:49 pm
Print

[size=18pt]26 days to go!  [/size]

[size=12pt]
LynxLevelers just donated two sturdy nylon storage bag door prizes for those bright orange LynxLevelers or your camping gear. How cool is that?!!
[/size]

235 Posts
(Offline)
August 13, 2013 - 7:08 pm
Print

So excited!!!  It's getting closer to the rally!!!
(Destiny who is reading over my shoulder, says she's excited too!  :D)

114 Posts
(Offline)
August 14, 2013 - 9:27 am
Print

Down to weeks instead of months and soon it will only be days!!!  Looking forward to seeing everyone!!!

95 Posts
(Offline)
August 14, 2013 - 10:51 am
Print

Was it just me, or was there a hint of Fall in the air this morning?? Can't wait!  😀

175 Posts
(Offline)
August 14, 2013 - 9:29 pm
Print

There was a bit of a nip in the air Amanda.  We can hardly wait also.  We are hoping for great weather, but we will be there having a great time either way.    :camperkid:

336 Posts
(Offline)
August 14, 2013 - 10:09 pm
Print

Im looking to the cooler weather up there almost as much as the rally itself.
It was in the upper 90's today here in central Florida.

114 Posts
(Offline)
August 15, 2013 - 11:32 am
Print

It is supposed to be about 76 here today.  Wish I could say we are in for cooler times, but history shows that we still have a good many "Hot" days before that happens.  However, I am hoping that the weekend of the Rally it will be a nice "fall like" weekend.  Nothing like a little "nip in the air" to make camping just that much more fun!!!

1263 Posts
(Offline)
August 15, 2013 - 5:47 pm
Print

I would be really happy for some less humid and cooler temperatures for a change! With the breeze blowing today and the angle of the sun, it makes me think of fall. Bring it on!

Barnes & Noble had a cute book that I bought today: Spooky Campfire Stories. Al and I thought it should be an interesting door prize to add to our contributions!

BTW, Al's foot surgery is tomorrow. Thanks for your good thoughts and prayers!

336 Posts
(Offline)
August 15, 2013 - 8:13 pm
Print

Hope Al's surgery goes well and he can get on the road to recovery.

95 Posts
(Offline)
August 15, 2013 - 9:00 pm
Print

Judy, we'll be praying for you both!

BTW, love the suggestion for the adult rally game! It's brilliant 🙂

1263 Posts
(Offline)
August 15, 2013 - 9:27 pm
Print

Matt, Al and you will be hitting the road together to defend your titles of Cornhole Champs!! He might not be able to stand for a long time, so you'll have to beat everyone faster.  ;D

Amanda, thank you! I am tickled with the thought of that game! I know others, but I don't think we could do them at the rally, one especially with a broom handle and a toilet paper roll.  😀

485 Posts
(Offline)
August 17, 2013 - 3:24 pm
Print

[size=18pt]WERE BACK!!!!![/size] We have decided the rally is too much fun to miss, we will cut something else to make up for it. We will be arriving late Thursday afternoon and leaving Sunday sometime. I will contribute something for the Friday Morning DO breakfast, I will read back through thread and see what is being prepared. We will be happy to host movie night again if someone hasn't taken this on.

1263 Posts
(Offline)
August 17, 2013 - 3:50 pm
Print

Miles & Sherelia, that is terrific news! Glad you changed your minds and I know everyone will be thrilled that you will be with us, especially when kids of all ages can participate in movie night(s)!!  :cheerleader: :jig:

1263 Posts
(Offline)
August 17, 2013 - 4:13 pm
Print

How about this great weather (minus the rain!) that blew in?!!  Anyone getting thoughts about perhaps ordering some SOUTHEASTERN RALLY long-sleeved tee-shirts just in case the chill creeps in overnight?  The long-sleeved shirts are the same as - guess what - the short-sleeved ones most of us own only with long sleeves.

The prices for the shirts include sales tax ( ::)). Check out the front page for details and make sure you let me know ASAP so I can confirm your order and tell you how to get your money to me.  The cut off date for orders is fast approaching! Shirts will be delivered to you at the rally on your arrival or if you come over to our site (#126) when you set up.

(Al had his foot surgery yesterday and, thanks to living with chemistry, he is sleeping with no pain so far. He may have to play cornhole from a chair or use a walker, but he's ready and willing to be drug tested by then. ;D)

95 Posts
(Offline)
August 17, 2013 - 10:52 pm
Print

Miles, we're so glad to hear that!! I'm happy to say that movie night is yours (you are the pro at it of course)!  ;D

1263 Posts
(Offline)
August 18, 2013 - 6:09 pm
Print

Uh-oh. Al must be feeling bored or better or ???  He's startng to talk about modding his walker: tray to carry his stuff around, turning the axle screws inside to keep from them snagging on things he passes......  Where are those Percocet??  ;D

394 Posts
(Offline)
August 19, 2013 - 12:42 am
Print

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it looks like I will have to cancel on this rally this go round. I have a lot of personal issues going on and it looks like my new security guard job is calling for me to work some that weekend! They have me in training at several sites as a assistant manager over some guards. I will miss everyone more than words can tell! I see everything is still rocking on with smooth sailing with some great people who care about the success of this rally! Camp Dad will taking my camping site for the rally and I hope to see everyone at the next rally! Love you all! Fire Captain Jim!

1263 Posts
(Offline)
August 19, 2013 - 10:09 am
Print

You will be greatly missed by all of us Jimmy. Good luck on thr Asst. Mgr. position. TTYS.

114 Posts
(Offline)
August 19, 2013 - 11:02 am
Print

Oh no!!! No Fire Captain Jim  🙁 🙁 :-[  You will be missed!!!!!!

I was looking forward to the Mtn Man Breakfast on Friday!!!!  Guess since I had not decided what to fix I will have to step up and try to make you proud.  I have a recipe for it so I will give it a try.  Any hints would be greatly appreciated since I don't want to fail!!!!!

We will miss you but totally understand about work!!!  This day and time having a job is unfortunately one of the important things that can't be ignored!!!

235 Posts
(Offline)
August 19, 2013 - 7:34 pm
Print

So glad to see that Campdad and family are making plans for the rally again 🙂 !  BUT....so sorry to see that Jim will not be there :'( we will certainly miss you Jim...work just seems to get in the way sometimes.

Our plans are to come in on Thursday afternoon, so we'll be there on Friday morning.  Think I'll bring a fruit salad for breakfast.

Saturday, we've got some door prizes, have an extra table for the kiddies, a cornhole board and we'll do hot dogs again for the Saturday pot luck. (Is that getting old? I know alot of the kids will eat them).

Oh, and I'm thinking about several crafts plans for the kiddies, just haven't chosen one yet ................

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2