Forum Login
Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Southeast Fall Rally - Sept 2013 - McKinney CG
1263 Posts
(Offline)
July 16, 2013 - 9:44 pm
Print

[quote author=Fire Captain Jim link=topic=2380.msg24810#msg24810 date=1374007210]
...To be honest, anytime we don't get to see any of our rally members at the rallies, it's like part of the family is missing!  :thumbup:

Yeah, what he said!  8)

1263 Posts
(Offline)
July 17, 2013 - 1:01 pm
Print

Since most of the country is sweltering,  the idea of long sleeve Southeastern Rally shirts comes to mind. If you are so inclined to long for cooler nights at our rally in September, just let me know so I can place your order. The short sleeve shirts are also available and I have some orders lined up already on these.

142 Posts
(Offline)
July 23, 2013 - 9:23 pm
Print

Camp Dad, I'm really glad Sherelia is getting to stay home with the kids. But I'm really, really sad that you all are not coming to the rally. I wish there was something else you could cut off your expense list. I so looked forward to being neighbors there. DH and I missed out on the fabulous breakfast you hosted in the Spring, and the outdoor movies, and I hate that we won't have it this time. I know it will still be fun, but you added an extra dimension to the Rally.
Ok, now that I got past my pout.....good luck to you and your lovely family! 'Til we meet again!

1263 Posts
(Offline)
July 23, 2013 - 9:39 pm
Print

I know Camp Dad (Miles and Sherelia) are going to love having "mom" home for the kids to enjoy, and we will miss them as well as the D.O. breakfast and the kids' night movies! That was really special for the group last go-round.

Al and I are really looking forward to seeing everyone again and starting to think of what to make for the potluck and hoping the weather will be great! We are missing a few of the camping family so far and hope everyone is just as excited as we are to get back together. There may be some "bumps in the road" but they can be smoothed out if we all keep this group together! You are a great bunch of folks and we really love camping with y'all.

235 Posts
(Offline)
July 23, 2013 - 11:27 pm
Print

Oh, no ... I forgot about the movies !  🙁 

114 Posts
(Offline)
July 24, 2013 - 8:47 am
Print

Are we not going to have the DO breakfast Friday morning now?  I actually took Friday off work and Athread and I planned on coming in on Thursday night so that we could participate on Friday morning.  I was bummed out that I had to miss it last year!!!!  Please tell me that we are still going to have it!!!!!

394 Posts
(Offline)
July 24, 2013 - 10:53 am
Print

Now, Now Melinda! With your dutch oven, mine, and Joels pan cakes, I think we can still have a wonderful breakfast on Friday Morning!
But we need to get the word out and get this thread pumped up more! We have a few cancellations on our main loop that we need to fill up quick and get this rally going full steam ahead! Think about some friends and get them invited to join us for a great family fun filled weekend!
Also, keep in mind, Ga Judy needs those tee shirt orders in soon for those who wants some shirts- long sleeve, short sleeve and hoodies. We need everyone to be thinking about the pot luck supper and if you want door prizes! If you know what you want to bring, Please PM me or Amanda- athread678. By the way, we are always open for suggestions or ideas on how to make this rally the best yet!

175 Posts
(Offline)
July 24, 2013 - 8:38 pm
Print

Hey Melinda, We will be there with a hot DO Friday morning too.  Not sure what we are making yet, but I'm thinking this DO is magic because everything that has come out of it has been great.
Jimmy, let me know what you are short on for breakfast and we will try our best.    😀

235 Posts
(Offline)
July 24, 2013 - 10:37 pm
Print

I think we will be there on Friday morning also but.....I don't know anything about DO cooking.

95 Posts
(Offline)
July 25, 2013 - 12:13 am
Print

Nancy,

I was talking to Melinda today about the breakfast (because I know nothing about DO cooking) and we thought it might be nice to also have some juice, coffee & other breakfast item as well. What do you think? I'll probably do that since I don't even own a DO  ;D

114 Posts
(Offline)
July 25, 2013 - 8:32 am
Print

Glad the DO breakfast is still on!!!  I haven't gotten to try any breakfast items yet and I need suckers, oops!!! 😀  I mean tasters!!!  HAHAHA!!!!  Not sure what I am going to make yet but thinking about some kind of cinnamon roll or biscuit since I haven't attempted that yet. 

I am getting really excited about this and hope that everyone else is too!!!  I am sorry for the ones that are having to change their plans because as we all know it will be a great weekend with lots of fun!!!!  I definitely want to have door prizes at the potluck.  I already have something to bring and I would hate for someone to miss out on getting something they might really need, like the back scratcher I got in Sept!!!  You can ask Amanda and she will confirm that I use it all the time since I have it at work hanging beside my desk.

1263 Posts
(Offline)
July 25, 2013 - 7:39 pm
Print

Al and I will definitely be there and I can bring some grapes and sliced apples.  We do have some supplies left plus a couple of folks have donated money to buy any supplies for the weekend that we may need.

Jimmy & Amanda can let me know what fill-ins we need and I will do the shopping since I'm holding the moola!

We will also be bringing a couple of door prizes: 2 sets of party lights that should fit around most awnings and a special camping friend who loves to travel, doesn't take up much space, and you don't have to feed him. He even comes with a little book. Still up in the air for the potluck contribution but will definitely be bringing something!

175 Posts
(Offline)
July 25, 2013 - 9:00 pm
Print

W are bringing some door prizes also.  We can hardly wait.  Judy, I would appreciate it if you would work Al kind of hard right before the rally.  Especially things that might cause his right arm to be just a little tired. You do realize that I am not above cheating to take the Corn Hole Crown.  I lift 3 bean bags 100 times each night before I go to bed.

:camperkid: :guitar:

1263 Posts
(Offline)
July 25, 2013 - 9:40 pm
Print

Al just might not be able to compete if his foot surgery happens sooner than later! He's needing some major stuff done and trying to put it off but I'm worried he's hurting too much. He really just wants to beat the pants off you, Darrell.  😀 ;D  AGAIN!  :tease:

175 Posts
(Offline)
July 26, 2013 - 6:09 pm
Print

I'm really sorry to hear that Al is having foot troubles.  Hope he gets to feeling better soon.  It won't be as sweet a victory if he isn't 100%.  That "AGAIN" on your post was pretty painful.  Just come out and say what you really think.  2nd place is the first loser.
Seriously, we hope the best for Al.  He is a great guy.

Darrell

1263 Posts
(Offline)
July 26, 2013 - 7:00 pm
Print

Thanks, Jarhead, for the good thoughts and wishes. He said to tell you he was impressed with your weight lifting and since he never really played cornhole before and isn't practicing for the tournament, you might have a chance. Of course, he may have to sit in his lawn chair and toss the bags, so you might have a better chance.  8)

336 Posts
(Offline)
July 26, 2013 - 7:25 pm
Print

[quote author=GA Judy link=topic=2380.msg25033#msg25033 date=1374879630]
Thanks, Jarhead, for the good thoughts and wishes. He said to tell you he was impressed with your weight lifting and since he never really played cornhole before and isn't practicing for the tournament, you might have a chance. Of course, he may have to sit in his lawn chair and toss the bags, so you might have a better chance.  8)

The game can be played from a chair.  ;D
As long as he is camping with you, we'll do our best to defend our title.

Hope he feels better soon.

175 Posts
(Offline)
July 26, 2013 - 10:47 pm
Print

One of those rare times when I am at a loss for words.  I will admit that Wiz and Al were an awesome team and I welcome the opportunity for a rematch.  We will have a great time either way.

1263 Posts
(Offline)
July 27, 2013 - 4:19 pm
Print

Al will be camping with me (of course!) and is also looking forward to seeing everyone. If you, Matt, want to be his partner again, I'll start taking odds. ;D  Somebody's got to keep score though. I had good help last spring drawing the  tournament structure since I had no clue but could do it again if I have help!

DH is checking with his foot doctor this week (or I will drop a boulder on his foot!) because he's in a lot of pain with hammer toes and a bunion. Bunion has to be cut off and the hammer toes broken and reset. Eeeeek! He's put it off long enough and we may need to cancel our trip to Breaks Interstate Park next month if he's not up to it. It will take 6-8 weeks recovery time. Anyway, we have a nice chair he can sit in and it has a tray to hold his beer - ummmm - coffee!

394 Posts
(Offline)
July 27, 2013 - 8:21 pm
Print

Should we have a handicap tournament with some sitting in chairs to keep it even?  :lmao:

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2