Forum Login
Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
French Creek SP, PA - Season Opener Group Rally, March 20-22, 2015
24 Posts
(Offline)
March 18, 2015 - 7:01 pm
Print

I just checked eastern pa weather authorities they are predicting snow/rain mix with no accumulation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

452 Posts
(Offline)
March 18, 2015 - 8:12 pm
Print

I don't care if it snows!!! Wouldn't be the first time. I need to camp. My boys need to RUN! The dogs need a good walk. The geocaching sounds fun.
We will be leaving friday as soon as kids get home from school

48 Posts
(Offline)
March 18, 2015 - 11:47 pm
Print

Snow or no snow, I can't wait to get out and about and try out the new camper!  Hopefully there aren't too many kinks that we can't figure out.

37 Posts
(Offline)
March 19, 2015 - 9:07 am
Print

Yeah, I just checked weather.com. Up by us we are getting a predicted 3-5" starting in the late morning. They are calling for 5-8" at Birdsboro, PA.

Given it is predicted to snow the entire time down to Frenchcreek for us, I don't know if I feel comfortable driving our trailer in the snow. I am also concerned about the salt from the roads and how that would affect the trailer. Add to that the fact we would be slogging though slush and mud all weekend.
As a result, we are going to cancel this trip. I was looking so forward to this, too. Will this winter ever end????

We'll be at the Jogger next month, though! See you all there.

26 Posts
(Offline)
March 19, 2015 - 9:13 am
Print

This is going to be winter campout #2, they are now calling for 3 to 5 inches of snow for French Creek Friday during the day, then up to another inch overnight.  I'm actually going to dig out the snow shovel that I just put away yesterday and bring it along.  😮

24 Posts
(Offline)
March 19, 2015 - 9:23 am
Print

Eastern PA Weather Authority is still only predicting 1-3" for the Elverson area. They are saying it should not stick to paved surfaces due to temperature 35 degrees and sun angle this time of year.

24 Posts
(Offline)
March 19, 2015 - 9:27 am
Print

No matter what the outcome our camper is packed and attached already just waiting for my department of war, we should be on the road by 11am this morning!!! Are we there yet?

24 Posts
(Offline)
March 19, 2015 - 9:28 am
Print

At least it won't be 10 below zero like it was when we camped here on Valentine's Day weekend!!

1573 Posts
(Offline)
March 19, 2015 - 9:31 am
Print

Snow, don't snow, don't care - CAMPING WITH MY FRIENDS - period!.

I will just pack some extra Propane to keep the heater running.

Martini Glass The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything that they have!
253 Posts
(Offline)
March 19, 2015 - 9:42 am
Print

I hope school gets closed.    I'll get on the road by 2:00pm.  Is there a sledding hill there? 

253 Posts
(Offline)
March 19, 2015 - 9:52 am
Print

Mtbikers. 

I was camping back in
November during that freak 8" snow followed by two week arctic blast.    I towed on slushy roads and pulled into a car wash self wash and gently cleaned off the salty muck. 

Today, Weather gurus are predicting winter temps to continue into April.  I'll spray the camper off again on the return trip and not worry.       

Stressful tow?  Take it slow and don't tap the brakes.   

272 Posts
(Offline)
March 19, 2015 - 12:21 pm
Print

Awesome geocache set up guys!  I've plugged them into GPS, printed off a very different color map (ink needs replaced  :o), and I'm ready to go!!!

My goal in life is to be the person my dog thinks I am.

2545 Posts
(Offline)
March 19, 2015 - 12:42 pm
Print

One thing ladyhawke, you have to wait until I get there tomorrow morning before you find them.  A few items need to be done.  We got the coordinates last weekend but....items need to be done  😛

Matt O 2006 Skyline Nomad 27' travel trailer.  Previously owned 1986 Coleman Columbia / 1992 Coleman Senecca / 1989 Born Free Class C RV.

259 Posts
(Offline)
March 19, 2015 - 12:44 pm
Print

The car started making a funny thumping noise this morning. Dont think it is too serious however getting it looked at just in case first thing tomorow morning.  Better safe than sorry.  Arrival time is hard to say at this point, depending on weather, mechanical issues, and what time DW gets home from work.  So i am guessing. ETA will be somehere between 9pm friday to 7am sat ;D

1573 Posts
(Offline)
March 19, 2015 - 12:58 pm
Print

Doesn't matter when anyone gets in, we'll pitch in to help you get in and setup. Peter and I will have a selection of Adult Tasty beverages ready, plus a few test mystery tubes by the fire to warm you all up  :clappingani:

Martini Glass The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything that they have!
447 Posts
(Offline)
March 19, 2015 - 1:02 pm
Print

Not sure when we will arrive. We're both working a full day tomorrow & will be watching the weather. After some tense moments on the icy tow home on MLK wknd, I might just wait until Sat morning. I'm also toying with dropping the trailer off tonight. Hmmm. I'll have to see what DH thinks.

24 Posts
(Offline)
March 19, 2015 - 1:41 pm
Print

We are here and set up, campground is in good shape, off to take Bonnie to work we will be back late tonight.

272 Posts
(Offline)
March 19, 2015 - 2:35 pm
Print

Aw shucks Lone Lock....take all the fun away!  I will bring another GPS unit if someone wants to play with it.  You will just need to input the coordinates and off you go! 

I'm just waiting for Patrick to get home then we will pack and be on our way.  Stupid weather...making us spend an extra night camping.....  😀

My goal in life is to be the person my dog thinks I am.

37 Posts
(Offline)
March 19, 2015 - 3:33 pm
Print

We are waiting until a little later to cancel. So, if by some miracle, the forecast changes we can still go.

As of 15:30, the weather.com forecast is still calling for 5-8" in Birdboro, PA. Ugh. If we were a little closer, it would probably be different for us. However, we have a 2+ hour drive (in good weather) that goes right through the heart of the max snow accumulation area.

24 Posts
(Offline)
March 19, 2015 - 3:35 pm
Print

Don't forget 50 degrees is forecast for Saturday

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70