(Offline)
March 16, 2015 - 5:58 pm
Print

We will bring a table and an EZ up.

1573 Posts
(Offline)
March 16, 2015 - 7:00 pm
Print

I will be bringing a Bar Height table for the Coffee stuff, independent of all the other tables coming.

Martini Glass The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything that they have!
452 Posts
(Offline)
March 16, 2015 - 7:28 pm
Print

We have a table and easy up

26 Posts
(Offline)
March 16, 2015 - 8:32 pm
Print

We have 2 EZ-ups if they are still needed.  We are making split-pea soup (gluten-free).

Pulled the camper out of its storage spot today and spent a few hours getting it ready, looking forward to this!  Probably won't get into camp until 7:30 pm.

273 Posts
(Offline)
March 16, 2015 - 8:49 pm
Print

We have a table if needed?  Our ez up has seen better days 🙁

My goal in life is to be the person my dog thinks I am.

138 Posts
(Offline)
March 16, 2015 - 11:08 pm
Print

Well, as usual, my boss isn't going to be in on Friday, so I have to stay in DC till 5; then drive to Baltimore and hook up the pup and get Eilean and the kids before we can even leave, so we probably won't be there before 10:00.  Provided my car will get there.  It's been quitting again for no reason the past week.  I was stuck at the grocery store for 25 minutes tonight.  The latest theory is that it's getting condensation in the gas tank from rapid temperature changes.  I put dry gas in it and filled it up, so I'll see if it runs better tomorrow.  Got new tires put on today, and wasted an hour while they reversed one of the unidirectional tires that they put on backwards.  Sometime between now and Thursday I need to get new shocks and struts put on, which is going to be difficult because Eilean's car is being loaned to a friend and we only have the one to do everything.  I've plugged in the pup and opened the door to throw a couple of things in, but have in no way prepped it for this trip.  The good news: I didn't smell any mildew when I stuck my head in for a second.  I've already had to put off doing tie rod ends on the car, I guess bearings and tires on the pup will have to wait too.

24 Posts
(Offline)
March 17, 2015 - 12:04 am
Print

Breadbox what kind of car? Make, model and year? Poss to be water in the fuel but doubtful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

352 Posts
(Offline)
March 17, 2015 - 1:02 am
Print

The tables and EZ ups should be covered with the below. Thank you all for bring them for the gathering.

Vagov           Table
Guitarman   Table Ezup
Elmira Fudd Table Ezup
techntrek               2 Ezup
Ladyhawke   Table
Mdbaird76   Table

259 Posts
(Offline)
March 17, 2015 - 12:29 pm
Print

i have been talking to a new member from the portal, invited him to join us  as a guest this weekend at french creek.  he goes by the name, johnpa. i beleive he will be camping on site 34 with his grandson   

232 Posts
(Offline)
March 17, 2015 - 3:50 pm
Print

Hi All! Keeping my fingers crossed for the weekend, bringing a dessert, Breadbox we may be rivaling you for who will get in the latest (something about those of us from/live in Catonsville?) Looking forward to seeing everyone, it's been a longggggg winter

701 Posts
(Offline)
March 17, 2015 - 4:20 pm
Print

Just chillin i think i have you beat. 11pm is best possible time.

24 Posts
(Offline)
March 17, 2015 - 4:32 pm
Print

I feel bad for you guys.... Bonnie and I were debating if we wanted to add Thursday night to the trip!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

85 Posts
(Offline)
March 17, 2015 - 5:57 pm
Print

Dave will be bringing black walnut cupcakes.

85 Posts
(Offline)
March 17, 2015 - 6:09 pm
Print

If there's anything else needed. Just let us know.

273 Posts
(Offline)
March 18, 2015 - 7:46 am
Print

So, those of you with bigger rigs, how do you feel about towing in the snow?  Looks like there is to be some white stuff on the ground when we will be heading up the road.  Guess I'm getting a little anxious thinking about that big box behind us and slippery stuff on the ground.

My goal in life is to be the person my dog thinks I am.

145 Posts
(Offline)
March 18, 2015 - 9:24 am
Print

I'm reading 1 to 3 inches here.  Local weather guru just posted it as an Onion snow?  Waiting to hear on the timing. Not sure about the back roads but they manage to keep 422 pretty clear.

420 Posts
(Offline)
March 18, 2015 - 9:43 am
Print

Here ya go;
"Onion snow" is a regional term used primarily in the state of Pennsylvania, referring colloquially to the final snowfall before the start of the spring season. Some sources indicate that the onion snow typically occurs after the traditional time for planting spring onions, while others state that onion snow is an indicator of when the appropriate time has arisen to plant onions. In either case, onion snow is defined as a light snow that melts quickly. This regional expression is said to originate from the so-called Pennsylvania Dutch culture and language.

Three snow-related expressions, including onion snow, are unique to Pennsylvania Dutch culture. A sapling-bender refers to a wet and heavy snow that weighs down tree limbs, while a crack-stuffer is the term for a dry fine-grained snow that settles into cracks. Legend holds that all three types of snow must occur before spring has arrived.

In addition to onion snow, crack-stuffers, and sapling-benders, other weather expressions have arisen from the Pennsylvania Dutch dialect. A storm could be referred to as a herschel. The expression "dooner und blitzen" means a thunderstorm with lightning. Individuals with a Pennsylvania Dutch heritage could refer to a rain drizzle as spritzing. Likewise, an inquiry about the likelihood of rain might be phrased as "Make wet?"

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-i.....youknowout

Bets Regards,
Norm

2545 Posts
(Offline)
March 18, 2015 - 9:50 am
Print

Hmmm....never heard of onion snow but after reading the description....makes sense.  I plan on going up Friday noonish.  I have an 11,000# RV with dual rear wheels.  I think the RV will be fine.  I will be towing my utility trailer with no brakes.  I'm just going to take it easy around turns and give myself even more time to come to a stop. 

Other than that I"M GOING CAMPING!!!!

Matt O 2006 Skyline Nomad 27' travel trailer.  Previously owned 1986 Coleman Columbia / 1992 Coleman Senecca / 1989 Born Free Class C RV.

253 Posts
(Offline)
March 18, 2015 - 10:02 am
Print

I am not too worried about the snowy tow.    Take it slow and stay off brake.  I'm not going to dewinterize until I get there.  I won't be able to sanitize the plumbing this weekend and will get potable from an aquatainer.  I'll  be cracking up if they cancel school on Friday, and we get on the road by 230 instead of 430.      I'll be working remote Friday and don't have the 1.5 hr commute to screw things up.

382 Posts
(Offline)
March 18, 2015 - 10:10 am
Print

anyone else going to be up there on Thursday. I was thinking to pull the kids from school on Friday all together and heading up tomorrow at noon instead of Friday but if there will be no one else up there could be cold and lonely lol

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2