Forum Login
Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Northeast Thanksgiving Season Closer Rally, PA
706 Posts
(Offline)
October 19, 2015 - 11:20 am
Print

I finally booked, site 4.  If everyone was good with Cindy's BF's mashed potatoes (with mushrooms and cheddar cheese... and I forget what else... garlic?) he can probably be convinced to bring them again... along with the pumpkin pie that he is apparently bringing.

Welmoed- Cindy's BF loves roasted Brussels sprouts, and I like them too!

145 Posts
(Offline)
October 21, 2015 - 11:54 am
Print

I will make Potato filling and a stuffing.  we are 2 adults 2 adult children They will do a veggie.

Friends of ours Amy and Andy are in Site 56 ( I messed up and said 59 before sorry ) with 2 kids. they would like to join and bring dessert.

I love brussel sprouts!!  😀 ;D :chef: :guitar:

271 Posts
(Offline)
October 22, 2015 - 7:25 am
Print

Looks like we will need more stuffing!  We will bring that and can provide a table.

My goal in life is to be the person my dog thinks I am.

638 Posts
(Offline)
October 22, 2015 - 7:52 am
Print

Cindy: mashed taters sound yummy!

701 Posts
(Offline)
October 22, 2015 - 7:58 am
Print

Site 11 and winging dinner.  Gary

2545 Posts
(Offline)
October 22, 2015 - 8:49 am
Print

ChiefBowes.....I'll put you down for the Wildcard since you are winging dinner  😀

Matt O 2006 Skyline Nomad 27' travel trailer.  Previously owned 1986 Coleman Columbia / 1992 Coleman Senecca / 1989 Born Free Class C RV.

2545 Posts
(Offline)
October 22, 2015 - 8:55 am
Print

Here is the updated menu.
-Updated menu at the start of the thread-

Matt O 2006 Skyline Nomad 27' travel trailer.  Previously owned 1986 Coleman Columbia / 1992 Coleman Senecca / 1989 Born Free Class C RV.

445 Posts
(Offline)
October 22, 2015 - 10:28 am
Print

Unfortunately, we will have to back out of this one. :'(  Looking at our schedules for the day, we would be looking at an after 9:30 pm arrival, after a very long day at work. Couple that with a lot going on here right now, we have decided it would be better to stay close to home that weekend.
I plan on releasing my site Fri, tomorrow, evening. If you know of anyone still looking for a site, or wanting to change to be closer to the group, send me a pm & I would gladly coordinate a time to work toward their online advantage.

We're sorry to miss the big feast. Enjoy! 

470 Posts
(Offline)
October 22, 2015 - 7:05 pm
Print

We'll bring a crockpot mac & cheese.  Will that count as a kid-friendly or are parents looking for something a little different for the kids?

Also -- whoever made the phenomenal cranberry dish last year, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make it again this year!!!!  ::)
RnR
:chef: :smore: :reader:

2545 Posts
(Offline)
October 23, 2015 - 8:25 am
Print

2HappyCampers......Mac-n-cheese is always a kid favorite  :baseballhat: . 

You are right, we don't have any cranberry stuff yet.  My family didn't eat cranberries growing up but we did have a can in the cupboard that we put on the table for many years at Thanksgiving as a joke.  Then my Sister's BF came to dinner and wanted to have some cranberries and offered to open the can  :-  We had to inform him that the can was about 6 years old and probably no good.  Since my Sister married that BF we actually have cranberries now at Thanksgiving......he is in charge of that dish 😀

72 Posts
(Offline)
October 23, 2015 - 8:54 am
Print

MKNOTT57 will bring some stuffing....

827 Posts
(Offline)
October 23, 2015 - 10:52 am
Print

Or maybe Chief Bowes would share the recipe?  (For the port wine cranberry relish dish)

470 Posts
(Offline)
October 23, 2015 - 11:01 am
Print

ohhh, if he does, I'll make it and bring it.  Although it's always better when someone else makes it.... Hint, hint, hint  😉

rnr

701 Posts
(Offline)
October 25, 2015 - 2:54 pm
Print

Cornbread casserole. Gary

2545 Posts
(Offline)
October 26, 2015 - 8:41 am
Print

After many flea markets and sitting outside for many many years I am finally retiring my heavy as heck 8 foot plywood tables.  I set one up for DS's birthday party this weekend and the top was all rotted.  DW "I'm running to the store for last minute items, do we need anything?.....Yes, I need a new table and BJ's has an awesome 4 foot folding table with adjustable legs....OK, it'll be your birthday present".  My birthday is November 1. 

So I will have an awesome lightweight 4 foot folding table that has 3 height positions.  Kids table, regular table, and buffet table. 

We will be needing some more tables and EZ ups.  In the past we have had 35 feet of pot luck yumminess for upwards of 80 people!!! We need tables to put the food on and the EZ ups to string up some lights so we can see what is left for the late night snack.

We are going to keep the food warm the way we did last year.....With steam trays and sternos.  We have all the frames and sternos so we do not need any.....Thank you Phil.  On Friday night/Saturday morning we will be passing out tin trays for you to put your dish in and bring to the Pot Luck.  In the past we have done crock pots but with this being such a large gathering and with it being colder the crock pots were constantly tripping breakers......and we would run extension cords from multiple power sources. 

Here is a link to a video I made of the Thanksgiving pot luck a few years ago. 

452 Posts
(Offline)
October 26, 2015 - 1:57 pm
Print

We have table and ez up

145 Posts
(Offline)
October 26, 2015 - 3:30 pm
Print

We have a Tent and some folding tables.    Also we have a turkey fryer never used it, if needed let me know.

550 Posts
(Offline)
October 26, 2015 - 8:40 pm
Print

I posted glazed carrots before noticing someone else was bringing them. Would dinner rolls and butter work better?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

2545 Posts
(Offline)
October 27, 2015 - 8:47 am
Print

I just updated the table below with the latest foods and I added a column for the "other" stuff like tables, EZ ups, etc.  Please check to make sure I have everything correct. 

Mtn Biker- I got your switch to Dinner Rolls & Butter. 
ILuv2Camp - JoeCamper is in charge of the deep frying, I don't know what his plan for this year is so I don't know if he needs another fryer.

-updated menu at the start of the thread-

I have to say....I'm updating the food list and I am already tasting it all.  I can't wait for the pot luck!!!!  This is one of my favorites (next to the low country boil)

30 Posts
(Offline)
October 27, 2015 - 12:10 pm
Print

As a newbie to this dance, how is firewood handled? With the cold temperatures I'm figuring we'll need some for our own fire pit. Does the group chip in to buy a bunch for everyone to use? Or just for the group area? And does anyone know whether the site fire pits are decent at this park?

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2