Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Northeast Thanksgiving Season Closer Rally, PA
452 Posts
(Offline)
October 27, 2015 - 12:20 pm
Print

[quote author=welmoed link=topic=3308.msg33818#msg33818 date=1445962204]
As a newbie to this dance, how is firewood handled? With the cold temperatures I'm figuring we'll need some for our own fire pit. Does the group chip in to buy a bunch for everyone to use? Or just for the group area? And does anyone know whether the site fire pits are decent at this park?

Lol. Firewood. Joe usually finds someone to deliver a CORD of wood to start burning friday -sunday. And yes we burn it all.
We take up a collection to pay for wood and the gathering site

2545 Posts
(Offline)
October 27, 2015 - 12:54 pm
Print

We usually take up a collection to cover the group firewood, gathering site, and other group expenses that Joe incurs over this weekend.....don't worry, he buys his own beer  :cheers:  Butch has been our money man in the past  :knuppel2:, he'll probably be passing the hat around this weekend while Joe cooks the Turkeys.  We won't know what the suggested donation is until we arrange for the firewood and buy the Turkeys and other stuff.

We have a huge fire Friday night through Sunday afternoon.  If you are cold, stop by the gathering site.  I'll be sitting there in a T-shirt it will be so hot around the fire.

[img width=640 height=477]http://i1357.photobucket.com/albums/q752/CamperDude/IMG_0893_zps1c982a86.jpg[/img]

Matt O 2006 Skyline Nomad 27' travel trailer.  Previously owned 1986 Coleman Columbia / 1992 Coleman Senecca / 1989 Born Free Class C RV.

827 Posts
(Offline)
October 27, 2015 - 9:39 pm
Print

Each campsite does have a metal fire ring. If you want a fire at your own site, supply your own wood for that.  We all chip in for firewood and the cost of the group site and the extras involved with a thanksgiving meal, like turkey's, fryer oil, etc, etc.

827 Posts
(Offline)
October 27, 2015 - 9:39 pm
Print

Sign me up for a folding table.

2545 Posts
(Offline)
October 28, 2015 - 9:29 am
Print

I put you down for a table Thingette 1's sister.  It looks like we have 28 feet of table so far.....we need some more :tease:

We will also need a few more EZ ups......anyone else have one for the gathering site?

Matt O 2006 Skyline Nomad 27' travel trailer.  Previously owned 1986 Coleman Columbia / 1992 Coleman Senecca / 1989 Born Free Class C RV.

701 Posts
(Offline)
October 28, 2015 - 12:53 pm
Print

one table and one EZ up.  Everyone be advised the price for turkeys has gone up a lot as we will all soon see. So the money we need to give to Joe per site might have to go up accordingly.

470 Posts
(Offline)
October 28, 2015 - 12:55 pm
Print

We'll have a table and EZ up also.
RnR

2545 Posts
(Offline)
October 29, 2015 - 9:50 am
Print

2545 Posts
(Offline)
October 30, 2015 - 8:39 am
Print

2545 Posts
(Offline)
November 1, 2015 - 8:14 pm
Print

We are in the home stretch....5 more working days, 4 if you took Friday off :dance:
Joe has the Turkeys and is starting to brine them.  The firewood has been ordered :guitar:

Below is the menu and the extras at this time.  It looks like we have 38 Adults coming and 12 Children for a total of 40 people.  Please check the first page of the thread for the count of the people to make sure we have it right.  Let us know if more friends will be joining us, all are welcome. 

[table]
[tr][td][font=andale mono]Category[/font][/td]
[td][font=andale mono]Member Name[/font][/td]
[td][font=andale mono]Dish[/font][/td]
[td][font=andale mono]Other[/font][/td][/tr]
[tr]
[td][font=andale mono]Entree[/font][/td]
[td][font=andale mono]JoeCamper[/font][/td]
[td][font=andale mono]Turkey, Ham or similar[/font][/td]
[td][font=andale mono]Turkey Deep Fryer[/font][/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td][font=andale mono]Entree[/font][/td]
[td][font=andale mono]Camping Phil & ChefPete[/font][/td]
[td][font=andale mono]Spiral Sliced Ham[/font][/td]
[td][font=andale mono]Sterno frames/trays/etc[/font][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][font=andale mono]Stuffing[/font][/td]
[td][font=andale mono]MKnott57-[/font][/td]
[td][font=andale mono]-[/font][/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td][font=andale mono]Lady Hawke[/font][/td]
[td][font=andale mono]Table[/font][/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td][font=andale mono]Iluv2camp[/font][/td]
[td][font=andale mono]Table / EZ up[/font][/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td][font=andale mono]Potato/Rice[/font][/td]
[td][font=andale mono]Lone Lock[/font][/td]
[td][font=andale mono]Rice Pilaf[/font][/td]
[td][font=andale mono]4 foot adjustable height table[/font][/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td][font=andale mono]Potato/Rice[/font][/td]
[td][font=andale mono]Elmira Fudd[/font][/td]
[td][font=andale mono]Sweet Potatoes[/font][/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td][font=andale mono]Mashed Potato[/font][/td]
[td][font=andale mono]Iluv2camp[/font][/td]
[td][font=andale mono]Potato filling[/font][/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td][font=andale mono]Mashed Potato[/font][/td]
[td][font=andale mono]Cindy's BF[/font][/td]
[td][font=andale mono]Loaded Mashed Potatoes[/font][/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td][font=andale mono]Side[/font][/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td][font=andale mono]Side[/font][/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td][font=andale mono]Vegetable[/font][/td]
[td][font=andale mono]Welomed[/font][/td]
[td][font=andale mono]Roasted Brussels Sprouts[/font][/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td][font=andale mono]thingette 1s sister[/font][/td]
[td][font=andale mono]glazed carrots[/font][/td]

[/tr]

[tr]
[td][font=andale mono]Thingette 1[/font][/td]
[td][font=andale mono]Green Bean Casserole[/font][/td]
[td][font=andale mono]Table[/font][/td]

[/tr]

[tr]
[td][font=andale mono]Dessert[/font][/td]
[td][font=andale mono]Chacon87[/font][/td]
[td][font=andale mono]Pie[/font][/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td][font=andale mono]Cindy's BF[/font][/td]
[td][font=andale mono]Pumpkin Pie[/font][/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td][font=andale mono]Guitarman[/font][/td]
[td][font=andale mono]Chocolate Chip Cookies[/font][/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td][font=andale mono]Iluv2camp friends (Amy & Andy)[/font][/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td][font=andale mono]Bread[/font][/td]
[td][font=andale mono]Mtn Biker[/font][/td]
[td][font=andale mono]Dinner Rolls & Butter[/font][/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td][font=andale mono]Wildcard[/font][/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td][font=andale mono]Wildcard[/font][/td]
[td][font=andale mono]ChiefBowes[/font][/td]
[td][font=andale mono]Cornbread Casserole  [/font][/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td][font=andale mono]Kid Friendly[/font][/td]
[td][font=andale mono]2HappyCampers[/font][/td]
[td][font=andale mono]Mac-n-cheese[/font][/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

[hr]

230 Posts
(Offline)
November 2, 2015 - 5:54 pm
Print

We're not able to camp for the weekend but we can't miss out on thanksgiving dinner with everyone.  We'll be coming out for the day Saturday.  Put us down as the other wildcard for our dinner offering.

382 Posts
(Offline)
November 2, 2015 - 7:26 pm
Print

Well we waited as long as we could and I'm sorry to say we have to toss in the towel and call it a season. Wife is slowly healing from her surgery and way to much going on at home to pull it off. We will see everyone at the January Allentown rally. We wish you all  a fantastic thanksgiving and hope you have peace health and happiness during the upcoming holiday season
*** someone please snap a picture of cindys boy friend eating pumpkin anything at this rally and post it ! I dare you .....
Jonathan, ally, Jamie & Maggie

827 Posts
(Offline)
November 2, 2015 - 8:31 pm
Print

Parents "going there again" are on site 53 and bringing scalloped corn.

827 Posts
(Offline)
November 2, 2015 - 8:52 pm
Print

If you haven't checked PA Dcnr in awhile, all 47  electric sites are reserved for the weekend. 18 sites are members of our group.  Remember to make a friend with your neighbors this weekend, we just might add a new member to CanvasCampers! 

2545 Posts
(Offline)
November 3, 2015 - 8:46 am
Print

There is a Rails to Trails paved bike path 20 minute drive from the campground.  Four of us (Joe, Cindy, my sister, and I) who are training for the MS Bike ride next October during the DE Seashore Rally are going to do go for a ride Saturday morning.  If anyone would like to join us you are welcome.  The trail is 10 miles long from Newville to Shippensburg, 20 miles round trip......don't know if we are going to do the full 20 or do less.  It depends on when we leave, aiming for 9:30, and when Joe needs to be back to start cooking the turkeys. 

Newville: 23 McFarland St., Newville, PA, 17241 - To access the Cumberland Valley Rail-Trail from the north exit I-81 at Newville (exit 37, PA 233 north). As you enter town, take the first left onto Vine Street and follow through town becoming Fairfield Street (PA 533W). As you leave town, turn left on Cherry Street and go to street end at McFarland Street.  From Carlisle, Take PA 641 through Newville, turn left on Cemetery Road and follow to end of the road on McFarland Street.    Parking and  Restrooms are available.  Restrooms may be seasonal.

[IMG]http://i1357.photobucket.com/albums/q752/CamperDude/CVRT%20map_zps1padeu5d.gif[/img]

2545 Posts
(Offline)
November 3, 2015 - 1:09 pm
Print

It looks like there are a few geocaches along the bike trail as well. 

[HEREurl is a link to one of the caches along the trail.

2545 Posts
(Offline)
November 4, 2015 - 10:01 am
Print

Even though this is not really Thanksgiving it is our Thanksgiving Rally.  We will be sharing a meal with our camping friends like we will be on the 26th with our Family and Friends at home.  We should have fun on this rally but I think we should also reflect on this past year and give thanks.  OK.....what camping things are we thankful for? 

I am thankful for the great time I had with everyone at the RV show in January.  I had never gone before and it was lots of fun at the show, dinner, and Rusty and Paula's afterwards. 

I am thankful my wife let me buy the new Travel Trailer.  It makes camping much more enjoyable for her.  She came on 3 trips with me this year and she had fun on 2 out of 3.....not bad 🙂

I am thankful that we are able to have fun and kid each other yet our jokes never go too far and offend the person......Thanks for geocaching my beer, that was funny  :rofl:

What are you thankful for?

30 Posts
(Offline)
November 4, 2015 - 11:16 am
Print

I'm thankful that I finally got my husband hooked on the idea of camping at all!!  ;D He is now researching a better rig for us and would even consider a nomad lifestyle if we could figure out how to pay for it.

We'll be showing up tomorrow afternoon, so any other earlybirds can come say hi!

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
November 4, 2015 - 11:18 am
Print

GUESS WHAT: All electric sites are sold out at the campground, we have a member who needs to cancel and has a site available.  Please let me know ASAP if you are interested?

145 Posts
(Offline)
November 4, 2015 - 8:14 pm
Print

Bob and I will be arriving tomorrow!      So excited to see everyone this will be our 3rd trip with thr group.  🙂

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690
Moderators: 0