Forum Login
Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Southeast Spring Rally! Apr 5-7
41 Posts
(Offline)
March 13, 2013 - 12:07 pm
Print

Coming down to the wire on the Rally, starting to gather up my "stuff" n' getting excited.
Jeanie, will wonder over to #147 Fri to see if we can lend a hand getting settled in, so glad you will be able to make it. With the Pred, all this food will taste super great for Howard (Pred makes hospital food taste great).
Teryjs1, will also be looking you guys up on your loop along with Jeanie. So great that you will be able to join us. Hands down on "coming from the furtherest away" award.
FCJ, need to sync up with you on some fixins'. Had a bit of a cold that layed me low for a bit.

114 Posts
(Offline)
March 13, 2013 - 2:10 pm
Print

I am with everyone else that the Rally weekend can't get here soon enough!!!  I too have already started gathering my supplies!!!  I have a pile in my living room that seems to grow daily!! Still not sure if I will have anyone with me or if I will be solo (if no one comes that will be their loss!!).

Judy, I promise to make a decision about the potluck by next week!!  I am looking through all the new recipes that I want to try and can't seem to make up my mind about what to bring.  I will definitely be bring something for dessert and a side.  I know that is very vague but the best I can do for now.

1263 Posts
(Offline)
March 13, 2013 - 2:36 pm
Print

[quote author=mwownbey link=topic=2030.msg21581#msg21581 date=1363198215]
Judy, I promise to make a decision about the potluck by next week!!  ...I will definitely be bring something for dessert and a side.

Don't fret, Melinda! Whatever you want to make will be great. We've got really great cooks in the group and there's always something to please.

Looking forward and got a lot of supplies starting to pile up as well. I'm also saving lint and TP rolls for Nancy's fire starter craft for the kids!

394 Posts
(Offline)
March 13, 2013 - 9:33 pm
Print

Matt, living in the chicken capital in the world, Chicken is always good!  ;D 
Terry, I would say you are an experianced camper now!  :thumbup: and the futherest camper traveling!  :goodstuff:
Dan, I hope you get to feeling better soon! We need you at that big get together!  :-
Melinda and Judy, Don't get to much stuff piled up where you can't pack it in the camper to make the trip!  :lmao:

30 Posts
(Offline)
March 13, 2013 - 9:57 pm
Print

Just a few more weeks....will be great to see everyone again and OH....we are camping this weekend also down on West Point  🙂 🙂

1263 Posts
(Offline)
March 13, 2013 - 10:28 pm
Print

Mike, if you are camping on the "regular" site at the end of the short loop at Amity, if you get a chance, would you check out site #54 or #56 or close enough to see why those sites don't show up on the CG lot. Both missnanc and we have camped on that loop on #54 and the map shows sites around the loop to the left and between the toilets aren't there anymore. Puzzling.

If anyone else has been to Amity and has an answer, i would be appreciated if you could chime in. Thanks!

235 Posts
(Offline)
March 13, 2013 - 10:40 pm
Print

Judy, thanks for saving the rolls and lint.  I haven't even tried to count the number of kids that will be there.................... Larry's study is piled with goodies and supplies for the camper, this weekend I'll start packing the camper.  Oh, BTW, he got a cort (sp) shot in his shoulder today and he's moving :thumbsup: like his young self again.  Thank heavens, the doctor said surgery wasn't necessary.

1263 Posts
(Offline)
March 13, 2013 - 10:59 pm
Print

:cheerleader: for Larry!! That's great and I hope he continues feeling well.

I've got a count of 25 children but 2 are under age 1 so I doubt they will be making fire starters. They're busy making wet diapers! 😀 I will PM you the ages so you can figure from there. I've only got about 5 or 6 TP rolls. I need to run through a lot of paper towels! If I did that though, I wouldn't have enough lint from my regular towels. 🙂

336 Posts
(Offline)
March 13, 2013 - 11:44 pm
Print

I'll save any toilet paper rolls we get.

235 Posts
(Offline)
March 14, 2013 - 12:11 am
Print

thanks ya'll.  I've been trying to save the TP rolls at work, too, but somebody keeps throwing them away.  I'm sure by the time the rally gets here, we'll have plenty.

71 Posts
(Offline)
March 14, 2013 - 11:53 am
Print

Talk about timing!

I pick up my brand spankety new popup on April 2 and was wondering  where to go for my first outing.

I reserved site 150.  I think that's the last one.  It was only available through sunday night so we'll leave monday.

Looking forward to meeting everybody.

I'll bring the griddle & do pancakes for breakfast.  The woman will do something for potluck but hasn't committed to exactly what.

A little about me: Graduated from Cartersville High School, Ga Tech (twice), US Army after 20 years, IBM-Loral-Lockheed Martin after 16 years, love wintering in the FamCamp at Key West and painting on the old 1861 house. W4JNM

Joel

21 Posts
(Offline)
March 14, 2013 - 12:19 pm
Print

Hi and welcome  Joel.  We have site 139 which looks to be across from you. This is our first outing also.  See you there 🙂
Terry

1263 Posts
(Offline)
March 14, 2013 - 12:46 pm
Print

[quote author=Wizfisher link=topic=2030.msg21605#msg21605 date=1363232698]
I'll save any toilet paper rolls we get.

That made me LOL!  With all those girls, you should have a good supply by rally time. 🙂

1263 Posts
(Offline)
March 14, 2013 - 12:53 pm
Print

Welcome to CanvasCampers and to our Southeast Spring Rally, Joel.  If you need answers to questions about the rally, please contact Fire Captain Jim or me, GA Judy. I'm in Dallas and just got back from a dr. apptn. in Cartersville today!

PM me with your names (obviously, you are Joel 🙂 ) and if you are bringing kids or guests. With kids, we have activities based a bit on age groups, so I would need their ages. We also list the food and supplies (if you are bringing any) for the Saturday potluck. I have you down for the Friday breakfast, which is being coordinated by Camp Dad (Miles).

Page 1 of this topic has a photo of the tee-shirts we are ordering (option), and tomorrow is the deadline so I can place the order. If you and your DW would like to order, you need to PM me with the tee-shirt sizes and I will confirm and tell you where to send the check. They are $9 ea. and $2 extra if sizes 2XL or higher.

I'm so glad you were able to jump in on this rally and we'll be looking for you!

71 Posts
(Offline)
March 14, 2013 - 1:32 pm
Print

Thank you Judy

DW is Camille, just the two of us.

Looking forward to meeting you and all the other Canvas Campers.

485 Posts
(Offline)
March 14, 2013 - 3:24 pm
Print

Welcome Joel! Glad to have you and the misses joining the rally. Its going to be lots of fun.

142 Posts
(Offline)
March 14, 2013 - 4:09 pm
Print

Welcome, Joel and Camille. Can't wait to meet you, along with all the other new members of our Rally group.

71 Posts
(Offline)
March 14, 2013 - 6:22 pm
Print

I gained 5 pounds reading what everybody is bringing.

DW will make 6 cup salad.

We are arriving Thurday, leaving Monday.

394 Posts
(Offline)
March 15, 2013 - 7:29 am
Print

Hello Joel and Camille! I am glad your both are going to make it to the rally! I see you made your way from the other web site. I am sorry I have not had a chance to respond to your PM. I have been busy helping another fellow camper(MtnKube) looking at other campers to replace his. I have to admit, the market has a bunch of them, but only a few good one left. You would be surprised on campers for sale with water damage! He is still looking!
Only a few weeks away Folks! Get with Judy quick if you want to order some tee shirts! These shirts will be generic so you can wear the tee shirts at all the future rallies! (No date or spring/fall rally on them.)  Hopefully, we will order the shirts for new camping friends in future rallies!
I know we have a few wondering what to make for the pot luck at the rally, well, here is a cheating idea, look at the front page of French Creek Rally at their pot luck list for ideas and then make something that you enjoy to cook! I am like Joel, I can gain 5 lbs just thinking about all that good food waiting to be eaten!
Also keep in mind, we will be giving away some door prizes after the pot luck supper. If anyone is willing to donate some items, please let me or Ga. Judy know please!

114 Posts
(Offline)
March 15, 2013 - 9:15 am
Print

Welcome Joel and Camille!!! You are going to have a great time on your first outing in your new camper!!!  We had a wonderful time at the fall rally and have been counting the days to this one!!!  Not bragging but we are a pretty great bunch of folks!!!  Everyone is super friendly and you will feel right at home!!!

Looking forward to meeting you!!!

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690
Moderators: 0