Forum Login
Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Southeast Spring Rally! Apr 5-7
235 Posts
(Offline)
March 7, 2013 - 11:22 pm
Print

We've begun a game of musical chairs.  I have cancelled (actually changed to another date)  our reservations for site 130.  We are gonna take micbur's extra site 120 now.  Larry wanted a pull through and I wanted to be near all the action  😀  So site #130 is now open.

1263 Posts
(Offline)
March 8, 2013 - 5:21 pm
Print

I was wondering if someone would do that! You will be a lot closer, Nancy! That's  8).

142 Posts
(Offline)
March 9, 2013 - 3:58 pm
Print

Campdad, I'll make a 30 cup Party Perk of coffee for the Friday morning breakfast. It will be regular black coffee. And warning: I tend to make it somewhat strong.  ;D I'll bring some styrofoam type coffee cups and stirrers, with milk and sugar.

1263 Posts
(Offline)
March 9, 2013 - 4:38 pm
Print

Pat, that's great!  I'll put that on the front page for all to see. Thanks!

485 Posts
(Offline)
March 9, 2013 - 6:39 pm
Print

Thanks Surgipat! I will make an official announcement soon for everyone that would like to join us.

394 Posts
(Offline)
March 9, 2013 - 8:46 pm
Print

Hey Surgipat, I could use it in the morning at church for Brotherhood Breakfast! With tonight being an hour forward and me having to get up an hour earlier also to help cook before the others get there to eat at 7am, 5:30 is going to come early!  😀
So how bout it? I'll even buy yourbreakfast!  :goodstuff:

13 Posts
(Offline)
March 9, 2013 - 8:50 pm
Print

Just a note to say - I have not been reading this or the other forum, because I can't stand to talk about camping while not knowing if we could ever camp again.

This week hubby had a biopsy and got the definitive diagnosis we should have gotten months ago, but the neurologist (who it turns out has never treated the disorder) for some reason was sure it wasn't temporal arteritis, which I and his regular doctor thought it was, and which the quite belated biopsy proved it is.  I'm not happy about all that.

So Howard is back on the prednisone today, and hopefully he will feel better and we can come.  I hope our camping life is not over!  This ailment isn't something easily corrected (usually takes a few years), and life on prednisone is apparently no picnic.

But I am very hopeful that (finally) getting the right diagnosis and treatment will help him.  I know he wants to feel better and come to the rally and enjoy camping again.  And I know the pain gets improved with the prednisone.  So, basically, though this is not really good news, it's also good news! 

I tell ya, I'm just about to DIE to go camping.

1263 Posts
(Offline)
March 9, 2013 - 8:55 pm
Print

Oh, Jeanie, it is great to know Howard has gotten the right diagnosis and that the prednisone will help! That must be a relief to both of you since, I'm sure, it is to all of us. We're looking forward to the rally to see all our friends - old and new! We're praying you will both be with us without stress or worry!

394 Posts
(Offline)
March 9, 2013 - 8:59 pm
Print

Jeanie, I am with Ga Judy on the diagnosis! I do pray that things will get better for Howard and You can go camping again! tell howard if you need help setting up camp on your arrival, that I will be glad to assist and I know other will want to help as well! We hope you can make it!  🙂

485 Posts
(Offline)
March 9, 2013 - 9:57 pm
Print

I am also glad that you guys finally know what the problem is. God will lead, guide and direct you if you will allow him to. I am with Fire Captain Jim, I would be more than happy to help you guys set up and take down if it would make it easier for you. All you have to do is ask.

2 Posts
(Offline)
March 10, 2013 - 8:18 am
Print

My darling husband Firecaptainjim keeps asking me have you been on the site.NO I will when I get time. I am looking forward to seeing everyone for the first time and to the ones that I have meet before can't wait to see you again. It has been to long since we seen some of you and I miss you. We are getting excited about the camping rally. Jimmy is very,very excited, he is like a little kid in a candy store, what do I do first what do I do What do I do? God bless you all going to get ready for church and spend some time with Jimmy in pray. God bless you all and can't wait to meet you. Where friendship becomes kin.

1263 Posts
(Offline)
March 10, 2013 - 7:13 pm
Print

Ann, it's so good to hear from you and we can't wait to see you and Jimmy again with the rally fun. Counting the days: 25 for us, 26 for the Friday-ers! Whoo-hoo!  :crazydance:

1263 Posts
(Offline)
March 11, 2013 - 5:35 pm
Print

[b][size=12pt][move][size=14pt][font=georgia]REMINDER - TEE SHIRTS[/font][/size][/move]

Tee-Shirt orders will be placed on March 15. We have 32 shirts ordered to date, so if you are still thinking about it, please let me know with your sizes ASAP. Payment is due to me by March 20 - then it's off to the printer!

175 Posts
(Offline)
March 12, 2013 - 8:26 pm
Print

We will be bringing grilled veggies with Polish sausage.  The good things in the veggies will counteract anything that is not healthy in the sausage.  We are so excited.  The DGD's keep asking "Is it this weekend"?  Looking forward to meeting ya'll.

394 Posts
(Offline)
March 12, 2013 - 8:42 pm
Print

Gotcha put down on the pot luck Darrel! I know how your DGD's feels! With the temp's in the 70's this weekend, I am wishing I was camping!  :-

485 Posts
(Offline)
March 12, 2013 - 8:46 pm
Print

Not to rub it in Captain but I AM CAMPING THIS WEEKEND! :dance:

394 Posts
(Offline)
March 12, 2013 - 8:50 pm
Print

No Fair! I might have to do camp backyard!  😉

1263 Posts
(Offline)
March 12, 2013 - 9:37 pm
Print

Yes, Miles, understand. You've just got to get that nice TT out for a dry run to check out everything. Yeah, rub it in!  ;D

336 Posts
(Offline)
March 13, 2013 - 10:26 am
Print

Put us down for Bourbon(less) Chicken.
Just can't think of anything else and this chicken always goes over well

21 Posts
(Offline)
March 13, 2013 - 12:02 pm
Print

[quote author=camp dad link=topic=2030.msg21560#msg21560 date=1363135608]
Not to rub it in Captain but I AM CAMPING THIS WEEKEND! :dance:
Would  84 straight days of living in PUP  be considered camping, even though it's  in my DDiL's driveway?  Also 1100 miles away from home? 🙂 We still have another 30 days or so before heading home.
  We are so looking forward to meeting our soon to be southern friends,
  See you there Terry and Frann

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690