Forum Login
Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Southeast Spring Rally! Apr 5-7
394 Posts
(Offline)
January 29, 2013 - 8:55 pm
Print

mdbaird76, We would love to have you and yours to come and join us! I even invite any Snow Birds to come as well! I won't promise how the weather will be, but it should be prettier than the cold up north!  8)

1263 Posts
(Offline)
January 29, 2013 - 9:14 pm
Print

There has been some interest and offers to participate in a Friday (April 5) Dutch Oven/CrockPot/??? Breakfast

If you and your family would like to participate, please let Camp Dad (or me) know how many in your group and if you're bringing anything to add to the menu.

Al and I will be attending and bringing CrockPot Steel Cut Oatmeal with Fruit and Nuts and a 64 oz. container of Orange Juice.

235 Posts
(Offline)
January 29, 2013 - 10:41 pm
Print

Wow this rally is really rocking with plans!  Been a bit under the weather since turkey day, but I'm much better now!  Can't wait for April to get here.  I wish we would be able to make it for Friday morning, breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. But we'll be there for the evening potluck with the same as last year, hot dogs and the fixings, based on what we had left over the kids enjoyed them.  Oh, and Larry got a corn hole set for Christmas so we'll be bringing that also. I'll pick up a pinata too.

1263 Posts
(Offline)
January 29, 2013 - 10:52 pm
Print

Sorry you've been under the weather, Nancy, but glad to hear you're doing well now. I'll put you on the list with the hot dogs, etc. The kids really enjoyed that pinata last year and I'm sure they will again. Great idea! Looking forward to seeing you and your new camper!

142 Posts
(Offline)
January 30, 2013 - 7:45 pm
Print

Camp Dad, we will be arriving on Thursday, and we're very interested in joining in on the Friday morning breakfast. In fact, I just purchased a 5qt Dutch Oven that I have been wanting to try out. (I've never cooked in one on the coals before) So my question is: If I bring my Dutch Oven, all the ingredients, and a bag of coal, will you give me some direction? I was thinking of starting with a fairly easy recipe like this:
http://www.dutchovendude.com/r.....t-1347.php
How about it? 🙂

485 Posts
(Offline)
January 30, 2013 - 8:11 pm
Print

Suripat, I would be more than happy to help you out. I think we have enough people interested to make this happen. Im excited. I just thought of a door prize, too!

394 Posts
(Offline)
January 30, 2013 - 8:38 pm
Print

Missnanc, I'll be glad to hold the pinata again if I need to..... 😀
Surgipat, I'll be glad to help as well. I am not experianced as Miles (AKA.. campdad) but we'll get something made!  ;D

Eastern Pennsylvania
3876 Posts
(Offline)
January 30, 2013 - 9:46 pm
Print

surgipat, I have no dutch oven experience but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once. 
Here is a lot of information for dutch oven cooking including a temperature chart.

https://canvascampers.com/inde.....board=63.0

[table]
[tr]
[td][size=14pt]Oven Temp
Oven Size[/size][/td][td][size=18pt]325d[/size][/td][td][size=18pt]350d[/size][/td][td][size=18pt]375d[/size][/td][td][size=18pt]400d[/size][/td][td][size=18pt]425d[/size][/td][td][size=18pt]450d[/size][/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]8 "[/td][td][size=12pt]15[/size] total[/td][td][size=12pt]16[/size] total[/td][td][size=12pt]17[/size] total[/td][td][size=12pt]18[/size] total[/td][td][size=12pt]19[/size] total[/td][td][size=12pt]20[/size] total[/td]
[/tr][tr]
[td]***[/td][td]10t / 5b[/td][td]11t / 5b[/td][td]11t / 6b[/td][td]12t / 6b[/td][td]13t / 6b[/td][td]14t / 6b[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]10 "[/td][td][size=12pt]19[/size] total[/td][td][size=12pt]21[/size] total[/td][td][size=12pt]23[/size] total[/td][td][size=12pt]25[/size] total[/td][td][size=12pt]27[/size] total[/td][td][size=12pt]29[/size] total[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]***[/td][td]13t / 6b[/td][td]14t / 7b[/td][td]16t / 7b[/td][td]17t / 8b[/td][td]18t / 9b[/td][td]19t / 10b[/td]

[/tr]
[tr]
[td]12 "[/td][td][size=12pt]23[/size] total[/td][td][size=12pt]25[/size] total[/td][td][size=12pt]27[/size] total[/td][td][size=12pt]29[/size] total[/td][td][size=12pt]31[/size] total[/td][td][size=12pt]33[/size] total[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]***[/td][td]16t / 7b[/td][td]17t / 8b[/td][td]18t / 9b[/td][td]19t / 10b[/td][td]21t / 10b[/td][td]22t / 11b[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]14 "[/td][td][size=12pt]30[/size] total[/td][td][size=12pt]32[/size] total[/td][td][size=12pt]34[/size] total[/td][td][size=12pt]36[/size] total[/td][td][size=12pt]38[/size] total[/td][td][size=12pt]40[/size] total[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]***[/td][td]20t / 10b[/td][td]21t / 11b[/td][td]22t / 12b[/td][td]24t / 12b[/td][td]25t / 13b[/td][td]26t / 14b[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

1263 Posts
(Offline)
January 30, 2013 - 10:16 pm
Print

:2funny: Joe! 

That is a great chart to keep -- and use!

We're looking forward to a great DO demonstration and tasting via a Friday breakfast to start off our Rally. Camp Dad will be rounding that up and we've got some yummy offerings in store.  :goodstuff:

235 Posts
(Offline)
January 30, 2013 - 10:16 pm
Print

[quote author=Fire Captain Jim link=topic=2030.msg20308#msg20308 date=1359596290]
Missnanc, I'll be glad to hold the pinata again if I need to..... 😀
Jim, this time I'll double check the hanging loop just in case, sure don't a repeat of last year :knuppel2: Gotta watch Destiny, she's a wild swinger when it comes to pinatas.  I'll tell her to go a bit easy.

394 Posts
(Offline)
January 31, 2013 - 12:37 pm
Print

[quote author=JoeCamper link=topic=2030.msg20311#msg20311 date=1359600415]
surgipat, I have no dutch oven experience but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once.

I love it Joe!  :lmao:  :thumbsup:

I bet if Campdad started a thread and even a web site, this could become a DOG of the Southeast! 2 Rallies into one gathering! What do you think Miles?????????

485 Posts
(Offline)
January 31, 2013 - 1:10 pm
Print

Possibly! Lets first see how our Friday DO breakfast goes.

142 Posts
(Offline)
January 31, 2013 - 2:37 pm
Print

I'll bet the breakfast is gonna go just great, Campdad. I'm looking forward to my first DO cooking class.

By the way, I'll be bringing our 10'x20' Canopy we just acquired. (It looks like a wedding tent) We might be able to set it up over the food in inclement weather. It has 'sidewalls' too. We've not put it up yet, but the instructions say it's easily erected by 4 people.  ::)

485 Posts
(Offline)
January 31, 2013 - 2:49 pm
Print

They are easily erected by 4 people that have put one up about 10 times.

142 Posts
(Offline)
January 31, 2013 - 7:20 pm
Print

[quote author=camp dad link=topic=2030.msg20328#msg20328 date=1359661790]
They are easily erected by 4 people that have put one up about 10 times.

That's what I figured, Camp Dad!

1263 Posts
(Offline)
February 1, 2013 - 3:47 pm
Print

It's time to start taking orders for Rally tee-shirts!  I just posted the info on the top of the front page after the chart and will firm up the details with Fire Captain Jim and then update y'all.  I'm taking orders for Adult and Youth shirts and guarantee that this time, the Youth shirts will be there!  🙂

The shirts are being printed to be used over again as there will be no date or location on the front, just the I.D. of:

SOUTHEASTERN RALLY
CANVAS CAMPERS
Where Strangers Become Friends
And Friendships Become Stronger!
(over a map of the southeastern states)

[move][size=14pt]Stay tuned!![/size][/move]

1263 Posts
(Offline)
February 1, 2013 - 8:51 pm
Print

Okie dokie! We've got a couple tee-shirt orders to start us off! Whoo-hoo!

Simultaneously, while you're thinking about the tee-shirts, let us know when you can what you'll be bringing to the Saturday (Apr. 6) Potluck.

I have a bit of plates and plasticware left from the spring rally, but if anyone doesn't feel like cooking or wants to add dinnerware/plates, cups. napkins, that would be good. 😉

13 Posts
(Offline)
February 3, 2013 - 12:36 am
Print

It's me!

Howard has had a persistent headache since before Christmas that they can't figure out (we think it is the flu shot I made him get which the neurologist agrees is possible, and so I thought I was doing a great thing, since he's a teacher, but now I just feel guilty).  They've done a bunch of tests, and so far haven't found anything awful, but it is definitely something, and quite debilitating.  However, he is on steroids, and is feeling better, for now, at least.  Doesn't mean he will get better, though.  He just goes to work, comes home and growls, and goes to sleep.  However, he is better in the past few days.

So I decided to finally see about the rally.  I haven't been able to even bear to look at either pop-up site until today.  I told him tonight we could make reservations, since they might run out, and if he still wasn't well by then, well, we can cancel.  So I made reservations for site 147 for Friday and Saturday nights.

At least I *think* that's the site I got; it wouldn't go all the way through, just hung up.  But I did get a confirmation message on e-mail, so I think it did.  I will call somebody at some point and make sure we really got that.

So we are certainly planning to come IF he feels all right by then.  Needless to say, the worst things have gone through my head (and many have been tested for), and all I could think regarding camping in the pop-up was, well, at least we had one wonderful season and went a lot of places.  BUT - I have faith that this will pass, and hopefully he will be fine by April and we will see you all then!

P.S.  Looking back among the messages, I see I posted right before Christmas saying I had mentioned the rally and was going to carefully approach him.  But he was having the headache since November, so he was grouchy.  He was just feeling really too bad for me to even think about it.

But now - he is feeling better the past few days, and he is getting excited about camping!  He wants after the rally to go camping elsewhere, too, for the rest of his spring break week!  Now, like I said, we don't know if he will keep on feeling this good.  He has had spurts of it before.  But he says there is a whole two months before the rally, and thinks he will improve surely by then, so maybe the steroids will do the trick.  Please add your prayers to mine.

P.P.S.  That would be two adults. 

394 Posts
(Offline)
February 3, 2013 - 2:16 pm
Print

Welcome back Jeanie! We got ya down on the main page. Sorry to hear about your husbands misfortune and I know first hand how those headaches are not no fun to have! I cannot imagine how it would be daily with no relief until now! We will be praying for him to get better and hopefully you both can attend the rally!
I hope to see others make their reservation soon that attended the fall rally. I have sent PM's to remind them about the Spring Rally on several occasions! Let's get the word out and get the rest of these camp sites filled for a family fun filled weekend!

It looks like the theme is going to be: [size=14pt]Strangers become Friends, Friendships become Stronger![/size]

1263 Posts
(Offline)
February 3, 2013 - 2:29 pm
Print

Sorry Howard has been so affected and send prayers for him to be back to 100% very soon. At least he's looking forward to the rally and that's good medicine in itself! 

Glad you checked in and let us know what's going on. We'll look for you!

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2