Forum Login
Lost password?
sp_TopicIcon
Southeast Spring Rally! Apr 5-7
336 Posts
(Offline)
January 23, 2013 - 8:12 pm
Print

No comment on the support from the other site, lol.

No idea what we will bring to the pot luck at this time.

394 Posts
(Offline)
January 23, 2013 - 8:35 pm
Print

I'm so sorry Wizfisher. I feel and know first hand what your going through! I bet if you get with JoeCamper the Mayor, he would be able to support and help you on the Spring Fla. Rally! I know you have met the requirements for weeks now and it is sad they treat you that way! This is why we decided to go through this web site for the Spring Rally!

Take your time on deciding what to make for pot luck. If someone has already put down your specialty, by all means put it down again, we can always use some good food to chow down on! We are just glad to have you and your family to join us!

Eastern Pennsylvania
3875 Posts
(Offline)
January 24, 2013 - 10:43 am
Print

Part of the problem over there is that I was the rally moderator for years and now there isn't one.  It can be very disappointing when you, as a member, are planning a rally and also helping make the website better and not getting any support.  That is a lot of the reason I left and started Canvas.  We can all have fun here and plan some great camping memories together.

336 Posts
(Offline)
January 24, 2013 - 5:32 pm
Print

After myself and quite a few others commenting in our rally thread, I received a phone call from Steve today.  Left a message since we weren't home but did say that he is working on moving the thread to the appropriate section of the forum but wants to talk with me first. Don't know why but I will call him tomorrow to find d out. Why should I rush to call him after such a long time of no response from him?
To be honest, I am debating on calling at all but will probably call out of curiosity. Lol

77 Posts
(Offline)
January 24, 2013 - 6:14 pm
Print

Oh call the guy...
Joe was a big help on the other site and at least he sent me a list of active members. As I mentioned a simple PM or e-mail really shakes things up. Being that I'm not part of this rally I'll crawl back in my hole... Have fun... Were is Arizona? :cheers:

336 Posts
(Offline)
January 27, 2013 - 8:14 pm
Print

We can bring two 6 foot folding tables with us too.
The cornhole boards will be coming as well.

Still don't know what we are bringing for the pot luck.

1263 Posts
(Offline)
January 27, 2013 - 8:18 pm
Print

Thanks, Matt. Got it and we don't know what we'll do for the potluck either, but I know we will all eat well!

485 Posts
(Offline)
January 27, 2013 - 10:54 pm
Print

Judy, I will be bringing a 6 foot table and a folding kids table for the Sat. night pot luck.

394 Posts
(Offline)
January 27, 2013 - 11:09 pm
Print

Got ya down Camp Dad! Now get busy getting that pup ready so you can let Wisfisher smell that wonderful D.O. Cooking!

30 Posts
(Offline)
January 27, 2013 - 11:14 pm
Print

We have a 4' table that can be used  🙂

485 Posts
(Offline)
January 28, 2013 - 8:23 am
Print

Lights or no lights the popup will be there! Who needs lights?

41 Posts
(Offline)
January 28, 2013 - 9:27 am
Print

I also have a 4` folding table I can bring

Sent from my SCH-S950C using Tapatalk 2

394 Posts
(Offline)
January 28, 2013 - 11:30 am
Print

Micbur and Mc7, got ya! Camp Dad, since no commitment from Papachaz or Mtn.Kube, ya might have to head up our D.O. breakfast Friday morning for those who might be there. I'll be glad to help!

485 Posts
(Offline)
January 28, 2013 - 5:18 pm
Print

You got it Captain!
For the ones attending the Spring Rally Thursday-?, I/we are wondering if any of you would be interested in a group breakfast on Friday morning? A couple of us will be cooking in our DOs. It is not required that you cook in a DO to attend. Any means that you are comfortable with will be fine. Let me know if you would be interested and I will get with Ga. Judy and Fire Captain Jim on how to set up a sign up sheet/table to let everyone know what you would like to contribute. Who knows we may even give away a door prize or two during this time!! Thanks Camp Dad aka-Miles.

1263 Posts
(Offline)
January 28, 2013 - 8:19 pm
Print

Miles, that sounds like a great idea for Friday morning. Count us in for making/bringing something yummy. If you want to list what the DOers are DOing, the rest of us can help fill in.

I'm thinking we could make a fruit & nut filled steel cut oatmeal casserole in the CrockPot as our contribution. Just let Jimmy or me know what you need.

485 Posts
(Offline)
January 28, 2013 - 8:44 pm
Print

I will make a "Mountain man Breakfast" in my largest DO. It has everything from hashbrowns to eggs in it. It will feed a lot of folks. Lets see how much intrest I get for this. Might as well kick this rally off with food! :dance:

352 Posts
(Offline)
January 28, 2013 - 9:15 pm
Print

I have almost have my wife talked into making the 12 hour trip for this. I will have the answer tomorrow. I drive to Castle Berry Alabama to see my sister in law every year, and this is right along the route I take so its not that bad of a ride for us. We love going to new places and seeing new things.

1263 Posts
(Offline)
January 28, 2013 - 9:20 pm
Print

[quote author=mdbaird76 link=topic=2030.msg20250#msg20250 date=1359425742]
I have almost have my wife talked into making the 12 hour trip for this. I will have the answer tomorrow...

That would be a treat! I'm a Jersey Girl, born and bred, so you'll be able to understand a couple of us from up that way transplanted here in the South! Hope you can make it.

485 Posts
(Offline)
January 28, 2013 - 9:37 pm
Print

We love going to new places and seeing new things.

Sure come spend the weekend with us. Im sure you will see some new things. Not calling any names!! ;D

1263 Posts
(Offline)
January 28, 2013 - 9:42 pm
Print

Gumby has returned and will be there, too!

Forum Timezone: America/New_York
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators: CampingPhil, JoeCamper
Forum Stats:
Groups: 6
Forums: 70
Topics: 3701

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 3
Members: 2690
Moderators: 0
Admins: 2